Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Feb 18, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #2,206 of 2,416
Feb 18, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #2,207 of 2,416
Would appreciate hearing which of the cheaper cables you find to be the best match, once you've experimented. I know @dharmasteve suggested a $40 copper/silver mix. Interestingly, it looks like the one you just shared a photo of (from the Penon 10th?) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002350509830.html
Correct, the one on the TSMR-X is from Penon's 10AE.

I've posted several that fit the bill in a previous post, including the one you mentioned. I'll come back once received.

Feb 18, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #2,208 of 2,416
Lately been playing with cables, switchem around...

You're right about Tansio's X cable being a good match for Penon's Quattro. If I recall, you also wrote about using the Quattro's cable on TSMR-X.

Well, I just did that, and it is amazing the change it brought to the Quattro's trebles.

I've yet to try the Quattro's cable on the TSMR-X, as I've been listening on the Penon's 10AE cable.

I have never been a big advocate of cables, but both the Quattro and the TSMR-X are very susceptible to them, from my brief experience.

Amazing! really, you can make them sound pretty similar by just switching their cables.
Believe me, you're not the first non-cable believer that has converted based on a Tansio Mirai IEM.

As transparent as the TSMR-X is. Sands is all about the trebles and those conform to just about any cable you throw on it. It had the same issue to a greater extent vs the TSMR-X which came with the exact same cable causing the exact same issue. In any case I am glad you are discovering the real potential of the TSMR-X and if you reread what I wrote on my review.

Now you are understanding why I have been posting about cable pairings.

Feb 18, 2024 at 8:17 PM Post #2,209 of 2,416
Believe me, you're not the first non-cable believer that has converted based on a Tansio Mirai IEM.

As transparent as the TSMR-X is. Sands is all about the trebles and those conform to just about any cable you throw on it. It had the same issue to a greater extent vs the TSMR-X which came with the exact same cable causing the exact same issue. In any case I am glad you are discovering the real potential of the TSMR-X and if you reread what I wrote on my review.

Now you are understanding why I have been posting about cable pairings.
It is truly impressive... now the question, how much should I spend 🤔 😅

Feb 19, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #2,210 of 2,416
Just bought a used TM X here in classifieds, looking fwd to getting it. I've been on a Campfire Audio trip for a couple of years, but haven't found that one that has bass AND Treble under the $1-1.5K price range. Hoping the TM X will satisfy that requirement for me.
OK, 2 partial days with the X, and I'm really liking these! I can hear the things everyone's praising them for. Like many, my preferred switches are 020, which yields the cleanest, most transparent sound, and a decent Bass.

They came to me with the stock Sands cable in 4.4mm which I can't use. I've got a couple of 3.5mm cheaper cables to use for now, so will begin thinking about whether to get a 4.4 to 3.5 adaptor cable, or go with a whole new cable. I don't want a pure copper that might suppress the trebles, but I could use with a bit more warmth.

I'm happy with them ... until I decide to try the CFA Black Star !!

Feb 19, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #2,212 of 2,416
Anxiously waiting for PENON to start processing my order that I placed during CNY. I imagine they might have a bunch of orders to work through for their first few days back.
In my case, i never received a notice that the iems had shipped. And then about 10 to 12 days after i ordered them, they simply appeared in my mailbox. I thought they would not ship until after the holiday...

Feb 19, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #2,213 of 2,416
In my case, i never received a notice that the iems had shipped. And then about 10 to 12 days after i ordered them, they simply appeared in my mailbox. I thought they would not ship until after the holiday...

Hmm, I ordered on 6th February so hopefully that could mean they’ve shipped and could be with me any day now 🤞

Feb 19, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #2,214 of 2,416
I just checked, i ordered on the 4th, and recieved on the 13th. The iems have a quality check date of feb 2nd... So yeah, hopefully anyday.

Feb 19, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #2,215 of 2,416
I just checked, i ordered on the 4th, and recieved on the 13th. The iems have a quality check date of feb 2nd... So yeah, hopefully anyday.
Interesting.
I ordered my TMSR X on the 4th february, but nothing in my mailbox and no news from Penon.

Feb 19, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #2,217 of 2,416
I was thinking about something @Dsnuts said awhile ago about the X...he said folks who listen to a lot of TOTL sets would be impressed. I listen to all price points because it's sound and tuning I'm after, and I do my research before most buys.

I just want to say he was right about X. I listen to it differently than him (I'm 100, bass all the way), but regardless, this set is magical especially at this price. I don't find it basshead, I think it's a balanced, western style sound. Move those switches and you'll get the eastern flavor. Truly amazing. Yes, cable and tips matter, but when don't they!?

1000007452.jpg
1000007454.jpg

Feb 19, 2024 at 11:44 PM Post #2,218 of 2,416
When I bought my new TV I let it play continuously for 200 hours so the pixels could hit their peak. I was amazed! The resolution became noticeably greater and the dynamic range improved by at least 15%!

My friend was able to burn in his new monitor and it went from 1080p to 1440p!
Catching up in this thread. This is very funny!! I share your gift of sarcasm!

Feb 19, 2024 at 11:54 PM Post #2,219 of 2,416
Looking at cable on Penon.com , I'm starting to see graphene mix cables. I know copper cable give a warm sound, pure solver brighter.

Does anyone know what effect graphene had on sound??

Feb 20, 2024 at 12:01 AM Post #2,220 of 2,416
Looking at cable on Penon.com , I'm starting to see graphene mix cables. I know copper cable give a warm sound, pure solver brighter.

Does anyone know what effect graphene had on sound??
I've been seriously enjoying a cable with Graphene on the X. I think it likes Graphene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back