Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Mar 12, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #1,742 of 2,420
wow , looks so beautiful ,

Please share more informations about this model ,
I’m in the same boat as you. Though it looks like photoluminescent details? Oh, 9 BAs and 8 ESTs!

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #1,743 of 2,420
Hi, I hope you are well :)

I am having some free time today, and since my IMR Rah 2023 require around 10 more days of burn-in, I've started my day by listening to my Tansio Mirai Sands. Dip switches position 1-0-0 = enhanced bass, PAC480 3.5mm cable and, the most important part, the tips I marked in the attached picture, which come from the stock tips of my Raptgo Hook-X.

I've listened to some .WAV files via UAPP on my phone and, for a few hours now, I'm listening to Infected Mushroom full discography from Amazon Music Unlimited. I really enjoy it very much! So much that I have depleted the battery of my FiiO BTR7 and I am now listening with my Qudelix-5K. It is on the bright side, perhaps a tad brighter than I'd prefer but at the same time the sound is crisp, full of energy, with a ton of details! The bass is definitely present and sounds very good to me. I am not using any EQ.

I am really happy that I can enjoy the music with my Sands. I haven't listened to them for quite some time and I was starting to doubt my purchase.

Now it feels good! :)
I have those tips too, the ones that came with the HOOK-X. Actually I have written about those tips (before) in that in a way they are wide bore and actually increase the soundstage in the Sands. Glad to read we have another convert over to the PAC480. That’s the thing, if you find that place, you know that place where it all comes together with the Sands, it’s incredible, and very special. Especially since you also speaking about electronic music, which many reading about the Sands may question the validity of such claims but that’s the thing, the imaging is so cool with how everything is placed.........and the bass with the Sands is enough.........and yet leaves room for the rest of the sonic elements to come alive. And while maybe some may think the Sands is not totally well-rounded, it can be! And those are those times when you drain the batteries and have to resort to other players! Epic! I’m happy for you!

Edit:
Really looking at the Hook-X tips they are only medium wide bore, but they are also incredibly good fitting ear-tips. So maybe the fact that you are getting an air-tight fit with the Sands that it’s getting its bass optimized? That and the PAC480 are maybe doing the trick. Actually I use the Sands with super wide tips as I’m kinda of a soundstage junkie!

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #1,744 of 2,420
I have those tips too, the ones that came with the HOOK-X. Actually I have written about those tips (before) in that in a way they are wide bore and actually increase the soundstage in the Sands. Glad to read we have another convert over to the PAC480. That’s the thing, if you find that place, you know that place where it all comes together with the Sands, it’s incredible, and very special. Especially since you also speaking about electronic music, which many reading about the Sands may question the validity of such claims but that’s the thing, the imaging is so cool with how everything is placed.........and the bass with the Sands is enough.........and yet leaves room for the rest of the sonic elements to come alive. And while maybe some may think the Sands is not totally well-rounded, it can be! And those are those times when you drain the batteries and have to resort to other players! Epic! I’m happy for you!

Edit:
Really looking at the Hook-X tips they are only medium wide bore, but they are also incredibly good fitting ear-tips. So maybe the fact that you are getting an air-tight fit with the Sands that it’s getting its bass optimized? That and the PAC480 are maybe doing the trick. Actually I use the Sands with super wide tips as I’m kinda of a soundstage junkie!
Thank you, but please suggest me some tips with narrow bore. You have mentioned some Sony but I need something available on Amazon UK :)

Mar 12, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #1,745 of 2,420
Yes, I’m not really a narrow bore user? Only those Sony tips. Though I do have another thing for you to try that may surprise you. Try taking the original “White” Sands cable (the stock one) and put it on the HOOK-X. That was something that was suggested to me a few months ago, and it is amazing, at least to me.
Thank you, but please suggest me some tips with narrow bore. You have mentioned some Sony but I need something available on Amazon UK :)

Mar 12, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #1,746 of 2,420
B166BD34-CC65-430C-8C17-15B29F755C1E.jpeg

I would truly try and find the Sony (EX11) Dual Density ear-tips. There are a few fake ones out there but they are worth the effort to have the originals. IMO

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #1,747 of 2,420
I use the Final E tips which to me are narrow bore

Mar 12, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #1,748 of 2,420
Yes, I’m not really a narrow bore user? Only those Sony tips. Though I do have another thing for you to try that may surprise you. Try taking the original “White” Sands cable (the stock one) and put it on the HOOK-X. That was something that was suggested to me a few months ago, and it is amazing, at least to me.
Yes, I believe I was the one who suggested you that 😛😊

Mar 12, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #1,749 of 2,420
Mar 12, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #1,750 of 2,420
Mar 12, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #1,752 of 2,420
What are the 8 ESTs for? To blow up the user's ears with a cascade of details?
My guess is they are more due to attempting to give the treble physicality that and the fact that ESTs only are really good at upper treble. So this style of installation (maybe) is an attempt in trying to use multiple ESTs to reach a possible lower treble response? More is often better right? Just a guess on my part? Though I can also envision more harmonic complexity too? Those notes will have greater decay and a proper actualization into reality from simply more drivers, like a grand piano in comparison to an upright. Simply more density, maybe?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #1,753 of 2,420
My guess is they are more due to attempting to give the treble physicality that and the fact that ESTs only are really good at upper treble. So this style of installation (maybe) is an attempt in trying to use multiple ESTs to reach a possible lower treble response? More is often better right? Just a guess on my part? Though I can also envision more harmonic complexity too? Those notes will have greater decay and a proper actualization into reality from simply more drivers, like a grand piano in comparison to an upright. Simply more density, maybe?
If I had to guess I'd say it's a 5-way cross over, and the 8 ESTs are spread into 4 highs and 4 ultra highs. I'm more curious about the 9 BA tho ! They could go for smh new like 3BA for bass and 6BA for mids, that'd be really novel to say the least

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #1,754 of 2,420
Anyone have thoughts on Sands Vs AFUL Performer 5? They are two completely different IEMs, but i'm still hunting for something to replace my FD3 with treble nozzle. :smiley:

Mar 27, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #1,755 of 2,420
Anyone have thoughts on Sands Vs AFUL Performer 5? They are two completely different IEMs, but i'm still hunting for something to replace my FD3 with treble nozzle. :smiley:
The Sands is out of the box ultra high resolution treble (unbeatable resolution under 500$). Dont know about the Performer 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back