Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Jun 1, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #1,486 of 2,409
Interesting that all 3 of us own the IER-Z1R and the Sands. Talk about contrasts. Glad folks are discovering the uniquness of the Sands.
That is a coinkydink!

Jun 2, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #1,488 of 2,409
@ FalseProphet

I am guessing to get both, I mean in truth, I really don't know due as not getting the PAC480 with the review unit. Though they meant to send it............and it's on its way.
https://penonaudio.com/tansio-mirai-sands.html

For the price and options available, it seems like getting both is a good deal, especially when you factor in actual cost in relation to what cables are for sale out there? This style of cable inclusion is a deal anyway you chose to look at it. Honestly the regular cable is amazing, it's a flagship cable. :)

But........depending on your hearing and source, you may choose pure OCC? Then you can rotate the included cable with and muddy IEM you may encounter at a future date, or already own.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #1,489 of 2,409
@ FalseProphet

I am guessing to get both, I mean in truth, I really don't know due as not getting the PAC480 with the review unit. Though they meant to send it............and it's on its way.
https://penonaudio.com/tansio-mirai-sands.html

For the price and options available, it seems like getting both is a good deal, especially when you factor in actual cost in relation to what cables are for sale out there? This style of cable inclusion is a deal anyway you chose to look at it. Honestly the regular cable is amazing, it's a flagship cable. :)

But........depending on your hearing and source, you may choose pure OCC? Then you can rotate the included cable with and muddy IEM you may encounter at a future date, or already own.
The one thing that surprised med is how thick and unwieldy both the stock cable and the PAC480 are, they are thicker than any other iem cable I’ve seen and as thick or thicker than the cable on many full size headphones, yet for stationary use they are still very comfortable

Jun 2, 2022 at 4:20 AM Post #1,490 of 2,409
The one thing that surprised med is how thick and unwieldy both the stock cable and the PAC480 are, they are thicker than any other iem cable I’ve seen and as thick or thicker than the cable on many full size headphones, yet for stationary use they are still very comfortable
I can't wait to try the PAC480.

Jun 2, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #1,491 of 2,409
Which one of them works best to you? Did you try any thiner cables?

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #1,492 of 2,409
Which one of them works best to you? Did you try any thiner cables?
I tried my Dunu Blanche which is much thinner and more flexible (and much more expensive) but it’s too early to say if I find it better sound wise. I have not yet tried the stock cable. Atm. I’m running burn in during the day and listening in the evening and will do that for some weeks

Jun 2, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #1,493 of 2,409
The included cable is a highly resolving silver plated OCC cable. It is much more higher end cable than whats included with most $300 plus earphones. In fact I found out recently it is the same cable as what was included with their flagship Akibas
1654183497242.png

While the Akiba cable shown here looks thicker the actcual make up and core thickness is the same. The Akiba has a thicker PVC finish. Confirmed by Penon. Otherwise it is the same high quality cable used on their flagship.

The PAC480 while it looks kinda goofy on the Sands. Gives a conctrasting influence on the Sands hyper clarity and detail. It is the Stout beer of cables. Something thick and rich. The PAC480 asthetics are thick and bulky but there is no denying how good this cable matches up with more revleaing monitors like the Lands and Sands. Matches extremely well with both. I tired a half a dozen pure copper cables on the Sands and something like the ARES II 8 core UPOCC cable that cost almost 10X more didn't do much better on the Sands. This is the reason why this cable is an option for only $30 more when ordering the Sands. It will give a different contrast to the Sands sound signature.
1654183640395.png

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #1,494 of 2,409
The included cable is a highly resolving silver plated OCC cable. It is much more higher end cable than whats included with most $300 plus earphones. In fact I found out recently it is the same cable as what was included with their flagship Akibas

While the Akiba cable shown here looks thicker the actcual make up and core thickness is the same. The Akiba has a thicker PVC finish. Confirmed by Penon. Otherwise it is the same high quality cable used on their flagship.

The PAC480 while it looks kinda goofy on the Sands. Gives a conctrasting influence on the Sands hyper clarity and detail. It is the Stout beer of cables. Something thick and rich. The PAC480 asthetics are thick and bulky but there is no denying how good this cable matches up with more revleaing monitors like the Lands and Sands. Matches extremely well with both. I tired a half a dozen pure copper cables on the Sands and something like the ARES II 8 core UPOCC cable that cost almost 10X more didn't do much better on the Sands. This is the reason why this cable is an option for only $30 more when ordering the Sands. It will give a different contrast to the Sands sound signature.
Did you try the stock Sands' cable on other IEMs? Any benefits of having it? Have other cables laying around already.

I guess in general more thicker copper cables work best with Sands PAC480 looks thicker than the stock cable.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #1,495 of 2,409
Did you try the stock Sands' cabke on other IEMs? Any benefits of having it? Have other cables laying around already.

I guess in general more thicker copper cables work best with Sands PAC480 looks thicker than the stock cable.
It is thicker and the stock is already quite thick

Jun 2, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #1,496 of 2,409
Did you try the stock Sands' cabke on other IEMs? Any benefits of having it? Have other cables laying around already.

Ya it matches perfectly with the new Yanyin Moonlight. I had the sands cable in single ended and my Moonlight came in balanced.

I use an old Fiio X1 player to burn in my iems while I am work and it only has single out so I had to use a comparable single cable and I happened to have the Sands cable on hand so I threw the Moonlight on there and it sounds as good in single ended maybe even a bit better vs the balanced cable that it came with. So I kept on using it with the Moonlight.

Jun 2, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #1,497 of 2,409
The stock cable is more resolving than the PAC480 but is ergonomically useless, there is no right/left indicator anywhere (only possible indication is the groove in the black part of the 2-pin connector which I have plugged facing in toward my head) and the diameter of the hole in the chin slider is so big that it falls down with the slightest movement of the head. The stock cable is slightly thinner and more flexible than the PAC480 and falls better around my ears so is more comfortable to wear

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #1,498 of 2,409
Did you try the stock Sands' cable on other IEMs? Any benefits of having it? Have other cables laying around already.

I tried the Sands cable (4.4) on all my iems but it sounded better than stock and is now preferred for my blessing 2 dusks. It changed the sound on all others I tried but not necessarily for better according to my tastes.

Off topic...Does anyone have upgrade advice for yanyin alladin cable? Nothing ive tried has sounded as good as stock.

Still waiting for isn g40 and pac480 to show up....

Jun 2, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #1,499 of 2,409
@Dsnuts can you comment on these graphs, where Sands is between these two models? Here we have LAND and Shuoer S12 planar which I have, it is pretty bright as well, I enjoy it but it is very close to the edge of being sibilant to me but I like this fragile balance of being bright and being close to the edge, it is sort of Blade Runner approach, enjoy or die :sweat_smile:. Just want to build a picture for myself, should I prepare for more brightness than S12 gives or am I going to be in comfort zone of brightness :ksc75smile:

S12 vs Land.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #1,500 of 2,409
Lands have more treble presence in general over the Sands.
1654201616050.png

Unfortunately this is the only unofficial graph of the Sands. So not really apples to apples here but if you focus on the treble area the lower treble portion of the Sands gets a proper dip before accented in the 7-9Khz region. If you look at the Lands treble presentation. Lands treble covers even a larger area 4K-8Khz emphasis is pronounced on the Lands. You can say Lands treble shelf is even greater than the Sands. Lands is pretty much for treble heads. They sound great with a proper cable but out of all the Tansio Mirai earphones it is the Lands with the greatest amount of physical treble. Sands in comparison is not as pronounced but that 7khz-9Khz area is the most sensitive portion for treble and it is clearly accented with a moderate shelf.

If you feel Lands might be too much in the way of treble. Sands would be the better way to go. Y axis is 10dbs by the way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back