Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #166 of 2,410
Dm6 is not V shaped. It just has powerful high bass which gives a bit of a V illusion. Seriously.
Seriously??
got two months ago Fiio FA7 (4BAs),and the overall sub/mid bass response is stronger in FA7 than DM6 which i also own for several months now
Do have in mind that both of them use the same model types of Knowles BAs for bass/mid/high/ultra high frequency there...
Waiting currently for TSMR-3PRO to arrive :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Apr 4, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #167 of 2,410
Well I got the Moondrop A8 coming so, kudos.

No I don't think the DM6 has a V shape. I have plenty of IEMs that do, its far far more balanced. It might not have blaring mids and that is ok.

Apr 5, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #168 of 2,410
I also added my thoughts on the TSMR-3 Pro. These guys are doing great stuff.
https://primeaudio.org/tsmr-3-pro-review-advance/

TSMR-3 Pro faceplates.jpg

Apr 24, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #169 of 2,410
I've finally got a pair of the TSMR-4 coming. Does anyone here have a set of them? I'd love to know how they compare to IEMs like the FLC8s, LZ A4, or Toneking Shockwave III.

Apr 25, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #171 of 2,410
I ended up getting the clear / white universal faceplate, as I traded another pair of iem of mine for the TSMR-4. I actually like the way this finish looks, as I think it's kinda cool to be able to see the inner workings of the earphone. They look so well built. I'm a mid-centric kind of guy, and I've heard a lot of positive stuff about the Tansio mids!

May 13, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #173 of 2,410
I ended up getting the clear / white universal faceplate, as I traded another pair of iem of mine for the TSMR-4. I actually like the way this finish looks, as I think it's kinda cool to be able to see the inner workings of the earphone. They look so well built. I'm a mid-centric kind of guy, and I've heard a lot of positive stuff about the Tansio mids!

Hey! How does the TSMR-4 sound?

May 20, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #175 of 2,410
I'm currently trying to make my mind up between the Tansio Mirai TSMR-3 Pro & Tansio Mirai TSMR-4. Can anyone tell me which one sounds better?,can't seem to find any reviews online for the tsmr-4!!.

May 24, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #178 of 2,410
Hey guys! Below are my impressions on TSMR-4 Pro vs TSMR-3 Pro.

As some of you may know, Tansio Mirai TSMR-4 PRO is now available.

Specifications -
Driver - 4 Balanced Armatures (2 x Knowles 22955 & 2 x Knowles 29689)
Impedance - 15ohm
Sensitivity - 115dBL/mW
Frequency range - 15Hz-20KHz
Passive noise reduction - 26dB
Connector - 2-pin 0.78mm

TSMR-4 Pro is a re-designed & updated version of the outgoing TSMR-4. I had the good opportunity of testing it before release. Here are some of my thoughts.

Since I like Mode 100 the most, I’m going to use that for comparison.

Just FYI, I like both of them very much. I’m not the one to praise a new product from the company just because it is new. I’m going to lay down all the parameters that I noticed while comparing both. It is for you to choose which one will work for you and for that here are some noticeable differences.
  1. 4Pro has better separation & resolution and as a result you hear more micro-details. You can hear reverb trails in slightly better detail as compared to 3Pro. This also gives you a better sense of the room and atmosphere in the song.

2. On the other hand, 3Pro has a slightly warmer character relatively and is smoother.

3. 4Pro technically has more bass presence that 3Pro in 100 Mode. But because 4Pro has better and more detailed treble extension as compared to 3Pro, even if it has more bass, the treble detail shines through and takes away the perceivability of more bass in 4Pro in real world tests.

4. 4Pro in Balanced Mode 020 and 3Pro in Bass Enhanced Mode 100 have nearly identical bass performance and you can see that in the graph below.

5. 4Pro has more clarity in the high bass and lower mids and that is because of a smoother curve descent in that region.
4Pro and 3Pro both have the identifiable characteristic TSMR house sound.

Here is a graph from the company. I realised that their coupler was measuring the bass region slightly north by 2-3 dB. So, while looking at the graph, compensate for around that much. Haha :joy:

3Pro (Green) vs 4Pro (Yellow).png
3 Pro in Bass Mode 100 (Green) vs 4 Pro in Balanced Mode 020 (Yellow)

As for me, I started with the TSMR-3 and going up the ladder in the TSMR range, the TSMR-4 Pro are a good step up from that. I really like how they are tuned and with their added resolution and clarity, I think they'll work well for me as my in-ear monitors while performing live. I'll use them in my upcoming gigs and report back with impressions.

If you want to know how a particular instrument or vocals sound, just see where their frequency band lies and the read my comparison to figure it out. If you want me to test something specific for you, don't be shy to tag me here or PM me, whichever works for you.

Cheers! :D

PS - Here are my test tracks if anyone is interested.

1. Foo Fighters- The Pretender, Best of You & Everlong
2. Coldplay- Paradise, Up in Flames & Everglong
3. Ed Sheeran- Thinking out loud, Bloodstream & Galway Gir
4. Chainsmokers – Somebody, Sickboy, This Feeling & Closer
5. John Mayer- Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, Stop this Train & Say
6. Gavin James- Always & Hearts on Fire
7. Switchfoot- Meant to live & Dare You to Move
8. Linkin Park- Papercut, One Step Closer & Somewhere I belong
9. Maroon 5- She will be loved, Payphone & Lost Stars
10.Lifehouse- All in All & Come Back Down
11.Karnivool- Simple Boy & Goliath
12.Dead Letter Circus- Real You