Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #61 of 2,409
Just got mine and wow do they sound good. I absolutely love these things. Also they look freaking awesome with the custom colors :)
20190211_091943.jpg 20190211_092230.jpg

Feb 11, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #62 of 2,409
Just got mine and wow do they sound good. I absolutely love these things. Also they look freaking awesome with the custom colors :)
They look beautifully stunning!! or is that stunningly beautiful?

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #67 of 2,409

Just a quick tip. You've plugged in the Penon CS819 cable wrong. Right now your positive terminal of the 2-pin is plugged into the wrong terminal of the socket. The TSMR-3 has Tantalum capacitors which are polarized components and reverse polarity can destroy them.

There is a groove in the connectors which is supposed to be along the faceplate. Just reverse your 2-pin connectors and you will be good.

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #68 of 2,409
Just a quick tip. You've plugged in the Penon CS819 cable wrong. Right now your positive terminal of the 2-pin is plugged into the wrong terminal of the socket. The TSMR-3 has Tantalum capacitors which are polarized components and reverse polarity can destroy them.

There is a groove in the connectors which is supposed to be along the faceplate. Just reverse your 2-pin connectors and you will be good.
O ok didn't know that thanks! I've only been using them for an hour do you think I did any damage?

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #69 of 2,409
No not at all. I was using another cable which had pre-formed ear hooks. So I just connected the cable according to the ear hooks and later realized the positive terminal when I was measuring the cable's impedance. It was plugged in like that for 3 days. No damage yet. But Tantalum capacitors are unlike modern capacitors, so you have to be a little careful. Don't worry, just reverse the terminals. From next time whenever you get a new 2-pin cable, make sure of the positive terminal. The positive terminal goes into the top female socket in the TSMR-3.

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #70 of 2,409
No not at all. I was using another cable which had pre-formed ear hooks. So I just connected the cable according to the ear hooks and later realized the positive terminal when I was measuring the cable's impedance. It was plugged in like that for 3 days. No damage yet. But Tantalum capacitors are unlike modern capacitors, so you have to be a little careful. Don't worry, just reverse the terminals. From next time whenever you get a new 2-pin cable, make sure of the positive terminal. The positive terminal goes into the top female socket in the TSMR-3.
Ok cool thanks for the heads up

Feb 12, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #73 of 2,409
The cable that Penon gave me with my order already shorted out. I'm pretty shocked I mean I haven't even used it for a day and it's not like I was jumping rope with it. I'll contact them tomorrow and see what they say.
What and more curiously how.. that is just terrible.

Feb 12, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #74 of 2,409
The cable that Penon gave me with my order already shorted out. I'm pretty shocked I mean I haven't even used it for a day and it's not like I was jumping rope with it. I'll contact them tomorrow and see what they say.

Dayem! Any idea where it broke from?

Feb 12, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #75 of 2,409
What and more curiously how.. that is just terrible.
I have no idea I thought I heard it cut out for a second earlier in the day but I was like no way must just be imagining things. Well I was laying in bed listening to music and it cut out again and I was like what the heck no way this has a short. So I wiggled the cable and it came back. It seems to be like the solder inside the connector is loose because if I move it around at the base it goes in and out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back