Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Jan 15, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #32 of 2,374
Ok this is my first review/comparison and i'm no audiophile and i'm also 45 years old, so my hearing isn't what it was when I was 20 but here goes.

I have the Moondrop Kanas pro and just received the Tansio Mirai TSMR-3 yesterday and have just done some listening between the two of them to give my impressions of the differences and positives/negatives between them.

The evaluation was done with the TSMR-3 dip-switches set to the 100 bass configuration as I felt this sounded the best of all the settings to my ears. Also know that I am a bit sensitive to treble peaks so take that into consideration.

First I would say that the KP has better and more defined sub-bass and is more punchy (most likely due to be a dynamic vs BA). Having said that the TSMR has it's bass a bit higher up towards the mid-bass region so it is still not a bass shy set.

Mids are a bit of a wash, though I would say the upper mids on the TSMR are a bit more forward making male vocals stand out a bit more and with more body than the KP.

Treble is where it gets interesting. The TSMR has better extension and brings out slightly more details than the KP at the expense of sounding a bit harsh in some songs and sibilant at times. I also find the KP to produce some sibilance and sometimes the highs on the KP don't feel as full bodied and are rolled off if that makes sense.

Soundstage - the KP has a slightly wider stage, while the TSMR also adds some depth to it that the KP doesn't have.

The TSMR are a lot easier to drive than the KP as well if that matters to you.

They are both great sounding headphones and I will do some more listening and may share some more findings later but this was a quick comparison.

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #33 of 2,374
Ok this is my first review/comparison and i'm no audiophile and i'm also 45 years old, so my hearing isn't what it was when I was 20 but here goes.

I have the Moondrop Kanas pro and just received the Tansio Mirai TSMR-3 yesterday and have just done some listening between the two of them to give my impressions of the differences and positives/negatives between them.

The evaluation was done with the TSMR-3 dip-switches set to the 100 bass configuration as I felt this sounded the best of all the settings to my ears. Also know that I am a bit sensitive to treble peaks so take that into consideration.

First I would say that the KP has better and more defined sub-bass and is more punchy (most likely due to be a dynamic vs BA). Having said that the TSMR has it's bass a bit higher up towards the mid-bass region so it is still not a bass shy set.

Mids are a bit of a wash, though I would say the upper mids on the TSMR are a bit more forward making male vocals stand out a bit more and with more body than the KP.

Treble is where it gets interesting. The TSMR has better extension and brings out slightly more details than the KP at the expense of sounding a bit harsh in some songs and sibilant at times. I also find the KP to produce some sibilance and sometimes the highs on the KP don't feel as full bodied and are rolled off if that makes sense.

Soundstage - the KP has a slightly wider stage, while the TSMR also adds some depth to it that the KP doesn't have.

The TSMR are a lot easier to drive than the KP as well if that matters to you.

They are both great sounding headphones and I will do some more listening and may share some more findings later but this was a quick comparison.
Thanks this is what I was looking for, did you burn them out? And what was your source also. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #34 of 2,374
Thanks this is what I was looking for, did you burn them out? And what was your source also. Thanks!!

No, I don't believe in physical burn in so i didn't.

The source was a Topping DX3 Pro from my laptop playing Google Play Music song on high bandwidth setting.

I will do some more later tonight from my Cayin N3 using Flac files.

Jan 19, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #35 of 2,374
Just pulled the plug on these after reading about ER3SE, FH5, DM6 and Kanas Pro. Someone wrote Kanas Pro is better than ER4 and HBB said these are close to DM6 and a lot of ppl wrote that this is better than KP. That is how I made the decision to buy these and save money compared to FH5 and get myself a ES100. Not sure if this is going to be shipped on 22. Hope it is shipped on 22 or soon thereafter!

Jan 20, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #36 of 2,374
I received mine purchased at Penon Audio on Wednesday. By the way, I take this opportunity to thank you for the excellent included gift cable - similar to the stock of the Ibasso IT01 -, it was a promotion from a few days ago.

They are looking excellent to me. I can not agree with the opinions that speak of any sibilances. I also are sensitive to them and have not appeared at all, and that I have with the configuration 103 - bass and treble enhancement. However, confirm that the variations are very light using the switches, they can be between 1 or 2 dB at the most.

I understand that as always, it can be a problem with the tips chosen. I have tried several, stock, Spinfit CP100, Symbio and Spiral Dots, and finally I opted for Spiral. What I also liked is the green tube stock, the result is very similar to the Spiral Dot. I have not tried the Comply yet, but they usually cut the treble and in this case it is not necessary or recommended.

I have found some very balanced IEMs. With a lot of detail, serious rapids and present voices. Very comfortable and with correct insulation. I have also noticed that they are very sensitive.

As a source I used my Shanling M3s

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #39 of 2,374
I purchased it on the 13th but I'm still waiting for them to arrive. I really hope they come with the upgraded cable.

I'm eager to try them out, I really hope I made to the right decision. I had multiple different IEMs in mind such as the ikko oh1, kanas pro, but ended up picking this one due finish, tunability, and reviews. Sources will be Shanling m3s, LG G7 Thinq, and I'll probably end up playing them through a Valhalla 2 for the fun of it even though it'll be really noisy.

Hopefully I will have them by the end of the week.

Jan 21, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #40 of 2,374
They just replied, the cable offer doesn't apply anymore for the order I placed on Saturday. :frowning2: Damn, that cable looked good! Any cheaper and not so blingy recs?

Jan 24, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #41 of 2,374
Small update. I received the Tansio's last night and they really are fantastic. I was hoping to provide a full review but I'm running into one small issue. These IEM's have a low impedance of 15 Ohms and I'm getting a decent amount of static/background noise on both the Shanling M3s and the LG G7 Thinq as sources. It'd be hard providing a complete review without a black background. I had planed selling the Shanling M3s but now I'm contemplating whether or not to get iFi Eimatch and/or pickup the Kanas Pro.

Jan 24, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #42 of 2,374
Small update. I received the Tansio's last night and they really are fantastic. I was hoping to provide a full review but I'm running into one small issue. These IEM's have a low impedance of 15 Ohms and I'm getting a decent amount of static/background noise on both the Shanling M3s and the LG G7 Thinq as sources. It'd be hard providing a complete review without a black background. I had planed selling the Shanling M3s but now I'm contemplating whether or not to get iFi Eimatch and/or pickup the Kanas Pro.

What cable are you using it with?

Jan 24, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #44 of 2,374
I tried both the stock cable and the Penon CS819 cable. Ran into the same issue with both.

Okay. Technically the noise should be lower with the stock cable since it has a higher impedance. I guess then either the M3 and G7 have a higher noise floor or you are probably listening to them with chargers plugged in. With chargers plugged in, the background noise rises because of the current flow from the charger.

I do hear some background hiss but it's quite low enough to not be a problem. Background hisses will always be present in earphones which have low impedance and high sensitivity.

Jan 24, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #45 of 2,374
Okay. Technically the noise should be lower with the stock cable since it has a higher impedance. I guess then either the M3 and G7 have a higher noise floor or you are probably listening to them with chargers plugged in. With chargers plugged in, the background noise rises because of the current flow from the charger.

I do hear some background hiss but it's quite low enough to not be a problem. Background hisses will always be present in earphones which have low impedance and high sensitivity.

I switched back to the stock cable last night and did notice a reduction in the noise level. But it's still a little more than I'd like.

I will say though I do understand the hype surrounding these IEM's. These may be the most expensive IEM's I've purchased but their sound quality surprised me especially for $180.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back