Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Jun 6, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #841 of 2,410
Sony sound has more of an analogue smoother tonality to it. That is always been the case with Sony tuned earphones and it has some of the most refined treble and bass I have ever heard in an IEM the reason why I mentioned these have similarities is that sound balancing is a bit similar both having some pronounced bass a wide mid bands for mids and some refined extended treble. That is where the similarities end however. Treble on the LAND due to the EST and BA implementation has a different tone and actually has a bit more airy quality and presence vs the Sony's more silky natural tonality. Both have an equal amount of extension but where I find the musical qualities of the IER Z1R treble presentation, the LAND has a bit more dimensional character to the trebles, I am thinking this has to do with the multi drivers the LAND uses for the treble region. Mids sounds a bit warmer on the Z1R vs more of a neutral tone in the LAND with a touch more vocal presence especially female vocals. Bass is where the Z1Rs have almost no equal. Z1Rs has a bit more mid bass impact LAND has a touch more lower bass emphasis. Texture on the Z1R bass note is again some of the best quality and here is where the bass dynamics are playing at a different level. LANDs 10mm dynamic I can tell is a good quality dynamic but Sonys bass presentation is some of the highest quality earphone bass in the industry. Overall Z1Rs are a higher level earphone but the LAND being almost 1/3rd the cost has its own presentation with a similar sound balancing and no way does the LAND sound like it is 1/3rd the earphone. Both sounds have a very nicely refined dimensional presentation with both having some excellent stage.

That makes the LAND a very good value imo. Its immediate difference is that it is more energetic in presentation and tone vs the smoother a bit more relaxed yet very refined speaker like presentation in the Z1Rs.
I appreciate the very thorough write up and comparison. I know many love the Z1R but it has never resonated with me due to fit and the intensity of the sound. It's hard to focus on anything for me when I tried them before.

I have the Trailli and would be surprised if Land or Sparks comes anywhere near it despite the price. I'm definitely not looking for a Trailli replacement in the Land but interested in the DD/BA/ EST configuration. The Odin wasn't my cup of tea nor was Ely, and I thought the Sultan sounded a bit hollow and artificial especially against the Trailli - so I'm still searching for a decent IEM that utilizes a DD well with EST.

So, would the Land be considered to have a natural timbre, especially for live performances? For the price it sounds like a steal but I don't want to end up with an extra IEM sitting around for no reason... Thanks

Jun 6, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #842 of 2,410
We all have a different take on what is natural, if your wondering if the LAND will have some off tonality or a strange tuning. Those two aspects I can confidently say is not on the LAND. They do have an energetic sound which bodes well for vocals and instruments. If your curious about the LAND. I have very good friends here at headfi that are all picky about their sound that enjoy the LAND much as I do. If you decide to try them and decide they aren't for you. I bet you can sell them off with relatively no loss compared to something much more expensive.

They will fill the dynamic/BA and EST itch much better than more pricier offerings. I compared them to the MEST and thought the LAND held their own against them and the MEST cost double. The only catch on the LAND is that they need a good burn in with music and their stock cable limits what they can do. Otherwise I bet they will be a nice compliment to your Traillis for something different.

Jun 6, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #843 of 2,410
1622994245321.png

Plus you just cant deny these have a golden glitter look to them that is just eye catching.

I kinda like the golden colored variant here vs the Sparks red glitter look. These look more premium imo.

Jun 6, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #845 of 2,410
They are Tansio Marais version of symbio W tips. Exactly same dimensions and material as Symbio tips but in green. Those are the tips that come with the LAND and Sparks.

Jun 6, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #847 of 2,410
Did not get mine in the greenish contrast. Mine are all black ot all white. Because of this I used the white/orange tips from my Fearless S8Zs.
905C7BE0-D339-4DDD-99FF-08B683A70934.jpeg

Jun 6, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #850 of 2,410
1623022545174.png

I have to admit these two are seriously the best 1 2 punch in all of earphoneland. Both are pushing sonics in their respective price points. Both the LAND and the SPARKS was easy to write about as both perform exceptionally well. SPARKS has become a reference level sound for me and it is clearly Tansio Marais top end earphone for good reason. It was a blast to get to write about these two and so this is part two of the dual threat and Tansios Trump card. Warning reading my review might make you want to buy a set. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tansio-marai-sparks.25201/

Jun 7, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #851 of 2,410
I have to come in here and say something about these two latest Tansio's. First off, the Land kind of blew my mind on how good they sound. My first pair of earphones using EST drivers. The treble did scare me a little at one point but it did smooth out and sounds wonderful now. Sparks on the other hand, sound smooth right out of the box but I just got them today so I'll have to burn them in. I've been enjoying the Land so much I didn't think the sound could get any better and then the Sparks landed today and I'm simply blown away. I had no idea these top tier earphones sounded this good. Never heard vocals so dimensional and nothing I've heard can compete. I'm simply blown away from the vocals produced by the Sparks. Bass is also amazing the Sparks. So much texture and is just as satisfying as the Land's bass but obviously without that dynamic rumble. Earphones have come a long way since the last time I've spent over $500 and $1000 for an earphone. I don't do that anymore but Ds said both of these were worth it and worth every penny and more so I dove in and he's not wrong. I've had the Land in my ears daily for the past two weeks and I'm bummed when I have to take them out. Now, good luck getting the Sparks out of my ears at all going forward. Just awesome sound coming from both of these.

Jun 7, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #853 of 2,410
Tempted to take a flier on the Sparks but-for a hang-up that lingers: my eventual hunger for DD bass that I know will return regardless of the other reported numerous merits of the Sparks. I just know myself too well, hahaha.

I listen to lots of electronic music (ambient, dub-tech, house, trance) and instrumental jazz with some progressive rock and metal thrown into the mix as well. With the latter music, I can appreciate the speed of non-DD drivers for bass, but eventually, what I miss is the texture and decay I thus far have only found with DD drivers. Maybe the mega-$$ non-DD offerings like the Traillii can provide the bass characteristics I crave, but I'm just no longer playing at summit-fi levels in audio, so it's not likely I'll ever know.

In the meantime, I'll keep tabs on this thread with interest, and probably keep waiting for that next leap in BA/non-DD tech.

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #855 of 2,410
Tempted to take a flier on the Sparks but-for a hang-up that lingers: my eventual hunger for DD bass that I know will return regardless of the other reported numerous merits of the Sparks. I just know myself too well, hahaha.

I listen to lots of electronic music (ambient, dub-tech, house, trance) and instrumental jazz with some progressive rock and metal thrown into the mix as well. With the latter music, I can appreciate the speed of non-DD drivers for bass, but eventually, what I miss is the texture and decay I thus far have only found with DD drivers. Maybe the mega-$$ non-DD offerings like the Traillii can provide the bass characteristics I crave, but I'm just no longer playing at summit-fi levels in audio, so it's not likely I'll ever know.

In the meantime, I'll keep tabs on this thread with interest, and probably keep waiting for that next leap in BA/non-DD tech.
I was strictly listening to electronic music for a spell and the bass is very satisfying. It’s tight with awesome mid bass punch. There’s plenty of bass. Only missing that deep rumble but when listening I don’t miss the dynamic. It’s that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back