Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Jul 11, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #1,591 of 2,410
Vocals are more affected by how emphasized the base treble tuning is in conjunction with how much upper mids it has. Lower mids affecting body of note including male vocals and some female vocals. ESTs are mostly used for upper treble harmonics and extension for the trebles, it is the highest notes/ shimmer to the highs if that makes sense. ESTs have more of an effect on the treble presentation vs affecting too much of the vocals nuances. Though it might sound like it does possibly depenind on how much of the ESTs are actually doing the trebles but for the most part that is how I hear it.

It really depends on 1) what type and level of driver, dynamic, or BA/ multi BAs doing the mids for vocals 2) how much upper mids are involved. Smooth and sweet sounding IEMs are without a doubt is a type of coloration and a resolving ability of the driver being used. So really EST shouldn't have too much an affect of why it sounds smooth and sweet per se, that has more to do with the lower to mid treble driver or drivers in conjunction with said driver that is producing the vocals. Obviously having an ample pinna gain or upper mids is important to that clean and sweetness factor, crossover point for the two drivers has to be liquid. You can't have a recessed upper mids presentation and get that sweetness from how I hear it. Ends up sounding dark and flat and or even muddy sounding.

If your asking does the Lands sound better with vocals? Female vocals I can say it sounds fantastic with but not as much for male vocals as its lower mids are laid back in comparison to the ample upper mids. In this regard I feel the Sands acutally has a better balanced presentation vs the LANDs more U shaped signature.

If your looking for something in that price range that does vocals justice. I would say go with the Moonlights instead. Something better balanced with a more forward lower mids presentation and ample upper mids emphasis. Lands has too much upper mids and trebles and not enough in the lower mids imo but this also makes the Lands one of the widest sounding IEMs Tansio has.

I dont think Lands does vocals better than the Sands it has a grander sound and more trebles some folks will like better over the Sands. It will take something like the Akibas to really throw vocals into another realm. To be honest all Tansio Mirai earphones does vocals well, haven't heard one that does not sound good with vocals. Some are better at it than others. Sands is an excellent value in that regard.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #1,592 of 2,410
Vocals are more affected by how emphasized the base treble tuning is in conjunction with how much upper mids it has. Lower mids affecting body of note including male vocals and some female vocals. ESTs are mostly used for upper treble harmonics and extension for the trebles, it is the highest notes/ shimmer to the highs if that makes sense. ESTs have more of an effect on the treble presentation vs affecting too much of the vocals nuances. Though it might sound like it does possibly depenind on how much of the ESTs are actually doing the trebles but for the most part that is how I hear it.

It really depends on 1) what type and level of driver, dynamic, or BA/ multi BAs doing the mids for vocals 2) how much upper mids are involved. Smooth and sweet sounding IEMs are without a doubt is a type of coloration and a resolving ability of the driver being used. So really EST shouldn't have too much an affect of why it sounds smooth and sweet per se, that has more to do with the lower to mid treble driver or drivers in conjunction with said driver that is producing the vocals. Obviously having an ample pinna gain or upper mids is important to that clean and sweetness factor, crossover point for the two drivers has to be liquid. You can't have a recessed upper mids presentation and get that sweetness from how I hear it. Ends up sounding dark and flat and or even muddy sounding.

If your asking does the Lands sound better with vocals? Female vocals I can say it sounds fantastic with but not as much for male vocals as its lower mids are laid back in comparison to the ample upper mids. In this regard I feel the Sands acutally has a better balanced presentation vs the LANDs more U shaped signature.

If your looking for something in that price range that does vocals justice. I would say go with the Moonlights instead. Something better balanced with a more forward lower mids presentation and ample upper mids emphasis. Lands has too much upper mids and trebles and not enough in the lower mids imo but this also makes the Lands one of the widest sounding IEMs Tansio has.

I dont think Lands does vocals better than the Sands it has a grander sound and more trebles some folks will like better over the Sands. It will take something like the Akibas to really throw vocals into another realm. To be honest all Tansio Mirai earphones does vocals well, haven't heard one that does not sound good with vocals. Some are better at it than others. Sands is an excellent value in that regard.
Thank you for such a detailed answer, I expected nothing less from you :sweat_smile:. Yes, I am looking at the Moonlight as at a complimentary set. Sands on the other hand if track allows it is really something special, staging with stock cable is in another league, don't know how anything could be better than this, as @Redcarmoose noted sometimes notes go beyond staging horizon.

Jul 12, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #1,593 of 2,410
I am glad the Sands lived up to what you're looking for. Just got a new EA Ares S cable in today and matched it up with the Sands. Amazing synergy. They keep on surprising me and continue to improve. I am glad others are hearing their brilliance. Literally and figuratively.

It is the owners of the Sands that will understand. They were some of the most difficult earphones to describe for me as they will sound so different for each person that has them. But as you guys know, once you find that synergistic aspect with that source and cable, they sound like nothing at their price range.

It will be interesting to see what Tansio Mirai does after these.

Jul 12, 2022 at 2:05 AM Post #1,594 of 2,410
Sands Island is a curious place. Filled with all-kinds of aspects until you learn how to tame them. Then it’s beautiful and friendly, without a care. I have thought that too, how could anything be better?
Thank you for such a detailed answer, I expected nothing less from you :sweat_smile:. Yes, I am looking at the Moonlight as at a complimentary set. Sands on the other hand if track allows it is really something special, staging with stock cable is in another league, don't know how anything could be better than this, as @Redcarmoose noted sometimes notes go beyond staging horizon.

Jul 12, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #1,595 of 2,410
I am glad the Sands lived up to what you're looking for. Just got a new EA Ares S cable in today and matched it up with the Sands. Amazing synergy. They keep on surprising me and continue to improve. I am glad others are hearing their brilliance. Literally and figuratively.

It is the owners of the Sands that will understand. They were some of the most difficult earphones to describe for me as they will sound so different for each person that has them. But as you guys know, once you find that synergistic aspect with that source and cable, they sound like nothing at their price range.

It will be interesting to see what Tansio Mirai does after these.
What does Ares S bring to the table?

Jul 12, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #1,596 of 2,410
ARES S is the new cable in Effect Audios signature series. UPOCC with two types of Liz configuration in 4 cores. I like copper cables on both the Lands shown here and Sands. If it is good for the Lands it will most definitely be good for the Sands. A True UPOCC cable as some on the express will have you believe their budget copper cable is UPOCC.

If that was true I would buy the whole lot and sell them off at half the price of what Effect Audio here is selling these for. A true UPOCC is the highest end pure copper cable as far as I know. Crystal copper comes close but not exactly UPOCC. Stands for Ultra Pure Ohno Continuous Cast. This is what I wrote about it on the Effect Audio thread.

1657640700600.png

Pure copper cables are a staple of a well designed IEM. I will be the first to admit that in the past I have been skeptical of the myriad of copper descriptors and purity rankings among the industry. I mean when a manufacturer says it is 6N or 5N or 4N or UPOCC or Crystal copper. What's the difference right? I suppose you gotta take their word on purity and their make up. Truth is, higher end copper cables serve a purpose in the industry and some of the very highest end copper cables end up costing more than gold plated silver cables.

Whatever the process may be to get a higher purity and or level of copper makes its way to some of the highest end earphones in the industry and the new #38 cable from Effect audio looks to be a new revision of their ARES II series of copper cables. Supposed to be priced similarly as well.
Looking upon the #38 cable is a 4 cored variety so I would assume when these cables will be available in the market they will have an 8 cored version which effectively will cost double. The #38 copper cables are the opposite of the #32 cables I previewed in what they do. These look like it is a weave of two types of copper or at least its litz structure. Don't know exactly the sound science behind this particular design but hey it looks like a newer type of copper cable as a result.
1657640740052.png

The workmanship of these cables need not to be mentioned as it has been covered extensively from others that has tried these or any Effect Audio cables. What separates Effect Audio cables is their use of some of the nicest looking/ premium accessories.

Being based on pure copper properties the #38 cable leans more on its influence for natural tonal qualities. You're a timbre head meaning you want the most natural sounding timbre for both vocals and instruments. These are the type of cables you want connected to your highest most resolving IEMS.

As I mentioned previously it is just my opinion based on more cable ownership than I would like to admit. Connecting a highly resolving pure silver type cable to a highly resolving IEM is like throwing gas on fire. You want to actually go the opposite of that. Peanut butter to Jelly. Yin and Yang. You want that opposite harmony to achieve best synergy for sound and here the #38 cable will match up well with analytical, highly detailed transparent IEMS. You want some smoothening of the edges if you will. All BA IEMs are notorious for having that “ BA timbre” You want to lessen that effect with a nicely resolving copper cable.

Taking something like Tansio Mirai Akiba which is a highly resolving hybrid and adding the prior #32 cable to it will yield a whole lot of ear fatigue pie. Matching a 7 Sonion BA+4Sonion EST IEM with the #38? Now we are talking. Absolute superb pairing on a flagship IEM of the caliber of the Akiba. Its dimensional and body of note seems to be enhanced, bass ability are as good as it gets using the #38 cable. Emphasis on natural, Musical in the right way.
1657640766405.png

Tansio Mirai earphones in general always have extended treble frequencies so I had to explore more of their earphones. The LANDs which is a Tribrid and the new Sands. The #38 cable presentation is consistent with the other Taniso Mirai earphones. These cables enhance musicality as a good copper cable should. These highly resolving IEMs I always thought did better with pure copper and the #38 has been a great match up. Now connecting them on the earphones the prior #32 cables match well with. Warm on warm just like bright connected to bright is never a good thing.

Pros
-Highly resolving copper cable,
-Spacious non restrictive sound enhancement.
-Musical adding a moderate body boost to the sound signature of any earphone it is attached to
-Bass lines gets a boost, Mids gets a slight boost, Clean in its treble presentation
-Dimensional in how it manipulates the mids. Adding a bit more depth
-Fluid and harmonious with analytical, bright neutral and or harmon based signatures
-Does not overly smooth out the treble.
-Clean and natural and well balanced presentation.
-Mostly versatile with a degree of synergy based on how colored or neutral your earphones' tuning is.

Cons
-Not 8 cores- which would add additional note weight and body
-Not the best matchup for warm, thick or dark sound signatures
-Not the most detailed presentation for cables. But this is not necessarily a con.
-Not revolutionary for copper sound.
1657640807551.png

Overall- Copper is analogous, smooth, musical. Emotive and grand in delivery and the #38 cables is all about presenting your earphones with a musical natural edge. It is an accomplished cable that will bring everything good about pure copper to the masses with an EA finish. It does not enhance the brightness of a given earphone but at the same time brings a more natural fluid flavor to your earphones. It is what you would expect a great copper cable should be but at the same time it is up against some very stiff competition on the express with vendors that offer very similar type cables at budget prices. These other cables that are cheaper claim to be of a certain level of purity and such but you have to wonder if all that purity claims and such are true.

But I do know Effect Audio is not going to cut corners for their cables in any way and perhaps that is what you're really paying for. The workmanship and materials and a bit of piece of mind. The #38 I can believe it is a highly resolving copper cable just by sheer virtue of testing them against some of my highest end copper cables, I can say without a doubt they are indeed a higher end copper offering. #38 turns out to be the more versatile cable vs the #32 cable. While the #32 enhances the sound of earphones more than the #38 copper cable. They require a certain type of signatures to synergize. But once they synergize you will most definitely benefit from their extremely resolving transparent tuning. As all good copper cables goes the #38 synergizes with more neutral brighter signatures as it cleans up a bit of glare from BA timbre and sounds more natural in the end. It has been fun testing out these cables. I will post more observations as I try out more earphones to match up with these cables. Thanks for reading.

Jul 12, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #1,597 of 2,410
ARES S is the new cable in Effect Audios signature series. UPOCC with two types of Liz configuration in 4 cores. I like copper cables on both the Lands shown here and Sands. If it is good for the Lands it will most definitely be good for the Sands. A True UPOCC cable as some on the express will have you believe their budget copper cable is UPOCC.

If that was true I would buy the whole lot and sell them off at half the price of what Effect Audio here is selling these for. A true UPOCC is the highest end pure copper cable as far as I know. Crystal copper comes close but not exactly UPOCC. Stands for Ultra Pure Ohno Continuous Cast. This is what I wrote about it on the Effect Audio thread.

1657640700600.png
Pure copper cables are a staple of a well designed IEM. I will be the first to admit that in the past I have been skeptical of the myriad of copper descriptors and purity rankings among the industry. I mean when a manufacturer says it is 6N or 5N or 4N or UPOCC or Crystal copper. What's the difference right? I suppose you gotta take their word on purity and their make up. Truth is, higher end copper cables serve a purpose in the industry and some of the very highest end copper cables end up costing more than gold plated silver cables.

Whatever the process may be to get a higher purity and or level of copper makes its way to some of the highest end earphones in the industry and the new #38 cable from Effect audio looks to be a new revision of their ARES II series of copper cables. Supposed to be priced similarly as well.
Looking upon the #38 cable is a 4 cored variety so I would assume when these cables will be available in the market they will have an 8 cored version which effectively will cost double. The #38 copper cables are the opposite of the #32 cables I previewed in what they do. These look like it is a weave of two types of copper or at least its litz structure. Don't know exactly the sound science behind this particular design but hey it looks like a newer type of copper cable as a result.
1657640740052.png
The workmanship of these cables need not to be mentioned as it has been covered extensively from others that has tried these or any Effect Audio cables. What separates Effect Audio cables is their use of some of the nicest looking/ premium accessories.

Being based on pure copper properties the #38 cable leans more on its influence for natural tonal qualities. You're a timbre head meaning you want the most natural sounding timbre for both vocals and instruments. These are the type of cables you want connected to your highest most resolving IEMS.

As I mentioned previously it is just my opinion based on more cable ownership than I would like to admit. Connecting a highly resolving pure silver type cable to a highly resolving IEM is like throwing gas on fire. You want to actually go the opposite of that. Peanut butter to Jelly. Yin and Yang. You want that opposite harmony to achieve best synergy for sound and here the #38 cable will match up well with analytical, highly detailed transparent IEMS. You want some smoothening of the edges if you will. All BA IEMs are notorious for having that “ BA timbre” You want to lessen that effect with a nicely resolving copper cable.

Taking something like Tansio Mirai Akiba which is a highly resolving hybrid and adding the prior #32 cable to it will yield a whole lot of ear fatigue pie. Matching a 7 Sonion BA+4Sonion EST IEM with the #38? Now we are talking. Absolute superb pairing on a flagship IEM of the caliber of the Akiba. Its dimensional and body of note seems to be enhanced, bass ability are as good as it gets using the #38 cable. Emphasis on natural, Musical in the right way.
1657640766405.png
Tansio Mirai earphones in general always have extended treble frequencies so I had to explore more of their earphones. The LANDs which is a Tribrid and the new Sands. The #38 cable presentation is consistent with the other Taniso Mirai earphones. These cables enhance musicality as a good copper cable should. These highly resolving IEMs I always thought did better with pure copper and the #38 has been a great match up. Now connecting them on the earphones the prior #32 cables match well with. Warm on warm just like bright connected to bright is never a good thing.

Pros
-Highly resolving copper cable,
-Spacious non restrictive sound enhancement.
-Musical adding a moderate body boost to the sound signature of any earphone it is attached to
-Bass lines gets a boost, Mids gets a slight boost, Clean in its treble presentation
-Dimensional in how it manipulates the mids. Adding a bit more depth
-Fluid and harmonious with analytical, bright neutral and or harmon based signatures
-Does not overly smooth out the treble.
-Clean and natural and well balanced presentation.
-Mostly versatile with a degree of synergy based on how colored or neutral your earphones' tuning is.

Cons
-Not 8 cores- which would add additional note weight and body
-Not the best matchup for warm, thick or dark sound signatures
-Not the most detailed presentation for cables. But this is not necessarily a con.
-Not revolutionary for copper sound.
1657640807551.png
Overall- Copper is analogous, smooth, musical. Emotive and grand in delivery and the #38 cables is all about presenting your earphones with a musical natural edge. It is an accomplished cable that will bring everything good about pure copper to the masses with an EA finish. It does not enhance the brightness of a given earphone but at the same time brings a more natural fluid flavor to your earphones. It is what you would expect a great copper cable should be but at the same time it is up against some very stiff competition on the express with vendors that offer very similar type cables at budget prices. These other cables that are cheaper claim to be of a certain level of purity and such but you have to wonder if all that purity claims and such are true.

But I do know Effect Audio is not going to cut corners for their cables in any way and perhaps that is what you're really paying for. The workmanship and materials and a bit of piece of mind. The #38 I can believe it is a highly resolving copper cable just by sheer virtue of testing them against some of my highest end copper cables, I can say without a doubt they are indeed a higher end copper offering. #38 turns out to be the more versatile cable vs the #32 cable. While the #32 enhances the sound of earphones more than the #38 copper cable. They require a certain type of signatures to synergize. But once they synergize you will most definitely benefit from their extremely resolving transparent tuning. As all good copper cables goes the #38 synergizes with more neutral brighter signatures as it cleans up a bit of glare from BA timbre and sounds more natural in the end. It has been fun testing out these cables. I will post more observations as I try out more earphones to match up with these cables. Thanks for reading.
Thanks, again some good informative piece. What about staging, does it reduce it in anyway compared to stock cable?

Jul 12, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #1,598 of 2,410
Nope not in any way. There is a clear difference in higher end copper vs your garden variety. I also got the silver plated version of this cable the Cadmus which is even more resolving than the ARES S shown previously. Cadmus expands stage a bit more so vs the ARES S but will not be a good match up for Tansio phones due to how resolving they are but the ARES S here is awesome. Just a perfect match.

Jul 12, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #1,599 of 2,410
Nope not in any way. There is a clear difference in higher end copper vs your garden variety. I also got the silver plated version of this cable the Cadmus which is even more resolving than the ARES S shown previously. Cadmus expands stage a bit more so vs the ARES S but will not be a good match up for Tansio phones due to how resolving they are but the ARES S here is awesome. Just a perfect match.
Thanks, will look into it. In the mean time will check out your Vortex review:)

Jul 15, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #1,602 of 2,410
Hey guys, just got TSMR Land after reading good review here. Currently burning them, anybody experiencing vacuum seal on this iem? I got the vacuum seal effect on both of my ears. No bass at all when put them on. Its weird, they have vent though.

Issues aside, if i got them right position, the sound is really good. An upgrade from fiio FH7 i own.

Jul 15, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #1,603 of 2,410
Hey guys, just got TSMR Land after reading good review here. Currently burning them, anybody experiencing vacuum seal on this iem? I got the vacuum seal effect on both of my ears. No bass at all when put them on. Its weird, they have vent though.

Issues aside, if i got them right position, the sound is really good. An upgrade from fiio FH7 i own.
I get it on the Sands from time to time

Jul 15, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #1,604 of 2,410
You guys should get a set of these.
1657892232477.png

1657892251284.png
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/225...f016578920027978535e1ba3!10000001423669901!sh

These foam tips are what I am using my on Sands I have used them on the Lands as well.. But here is the reason why. All foams are not alike and here is why these foams works so well for me. If you guys look at the graph up top. These foams smoothes some treble frequencies and helps balance out the sound of your Tansio earphones.

Of all the tips Tansio could provide they need to look into a set of these. Highly recommended and will help with that seal effect in your ears if that is happening.

Jul 15, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #1,605 of 2,410
You guys should get a set of these.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2255800159340410.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.23.3b1f59a5IjEIjk&pdp_npi=2@dis!USD!US $6.99!US $6.99!!!!!@2100bdf016578920027978535e1ba3!10000001423669901!sh

These foam tips are what I am using my on Sands I have used them on the Lands as well.. But here is the reason why. All foams are not alike and here is why these foams works so well for me. If you guys look at the graph up top. These foams smoothes some treble frequencies and helps balance out the sound of your Tansio earphones.

Of all the tips Tansio could provide they need to look into a set of these. Highly recommended and will help with that seal effect in your ears if that is happening.
Which ones you got? T41 or T55? No penalty for soundstage?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back