Tanglefree cords, no microphonics IEMs
Mar 28, 2013 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Leland

New Head-Fier
With microphone preferred.

Sound quality secondary to having tanglefree cord and lack of microphonics. Going to use for travel, gym, etc. Nothing worse than being woken awake by microphonics :)

Have anything for me?

Mar 28, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #2 of 6
Well first off - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Also even though sound quality is secondary, would still be helpful if you stated sound preferences/genres, as when you're within a certain budget (e.g. ~$100) most of the mic-capable stuff like the A161p or the HF2/3 can be worn over-ear and the cable is essentially microphonic-less (in this case you really get what you pay for - a rare occasion on H-F). 

Also stating a budget would be helpful :p

Mar 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #3 of 6
The Westone epic cables on their IEM's are the best I have come across for non-tangle and non-microphonic. They only downside is: their IEM's isolate so much that bone conduction can be a problem if you walk around with them in. I use my Westone 3's when shopping for shoes to see how good a pair of shoes is for bone conduction. 
cool.gif

Mar 28, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #5 of 6
^^ Are these the same X5 and DBA-02s that we're talking about here? As the cable noise, even when worn over-the-ears, behind the back, and cable cinch all the way up, was nigh unrelenting. An absolute nightmare whenever I came near velcro or zippers (but was not as severe as with the X5s in comparison). Even regular occlusion was above average on the DBA-02.

Apr 1, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the tips. Going to move over to the big thread.

And as to type of music, eclectic taste and prefer balanced sound across the tonal spectrum (Paradigm speakers at home) as opposed to uber-bassy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back