1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Tanchjim Oxygen Impressions Thread

First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. Nabillion_786
    Your words are exactly how I would compare the 2. Btw which cable are you using?

@chancool I agree at times I feel the excitement is lacking on the O2 and that's why I am looking at the kxxs and tfz no.3 ti.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    CoiL likes this.
  2. SilverLodestar
    Coming from the Oxygen, I absolutely love the VX. I highly recommend it if you enjoy the Oxygens!

audio123 likes this.
  3. Jeb94

i will demo them soon, i hear they have absolute top notch resolution and clarity. i wonder how i like em.

but basically its between 8ss/gemini/vx

which ever i liked the best. can't wait for july to try them all.

SilverLodestar likes this.
  4. SilverLodestar
    Yeah, the resolution and clarity is absolutely insane. Even my Andro S doesn’t sound this clean. I haven’t tried the 8ss, but I’d like to some day.

audio123 likes this.
  5. Jeb94
    all i do is looked at the graph right now.

gemini might the the one i like the best cuz of that treble looks more aggressive but who knows. i hate the fact that i don't have local store to demo qdc stuff

EDIT:

aight i change the tip to a more wide bore. it does open up the sound. i think my hybrid tip reduce HF which gives me the feeling of darker than it should be.

totally prefer it right now, hybrid tip and sony tip have really narrow bore compared to stock tips bore. manage to get right tip (while waiting for my acoustune 07)

i totally don't recommend getting a tip with barrow bore for this iem. the bass "increase" is due to the reduced high freq.

6. Makahl
    Sure, I'm also into quality > quantity, but I think it's kinda odd people finding it has more sub-bass than KPE, might the seal wasn't good for them.

Btw, have you tried removing the mesh filter on nozzle? I got a pack with a lot of extras filters in the same package along with the tips, so if you mess this one you can replace it, usually it opens the treble a bit.

It's a really basic one, you can find it searching for "h3 h5 cable" on Aliexpress, but it's smooth and rather comfortable. (potato pic)

7. Jeb94
    this crap about treble is the result of my idiocy nvm that.

im using a narrow bore tips which kinda cucked the high frequency by significant margin.

how i don't realize this is beyond me. should have used the stock tip from the start.

i guess im just super comfortable with sony hybrid tips that i just automatically change it to them.

waiting for my acoustune 07 and hope for a better fit than stock tip

also removing the mesh is kinda scary im scared that my ear goo gonna go inside the iem. (eventho i think my ear is clean)

IMO getting kxxs are just a side grade. also i don't trust tfz tuning most that i tried (king pro, secret garden series) all of them are kinda bad and have v shaped to them.

IMO u should look at the tips ur using, in which i find mine to ha e narrow bore which reduce the High freq.

altho changing to big bore does help but it still lack that excitement that some people want in their iem.

i advice trying moondrop A8 or Fearless S8F (might be too intense, it also have quite small stage) but both are really good for the price. not a totl killer but the are alright

imo better save up for real upgrade instead of spending on side grades

Nabillion_786 likes this.
  8. audio123
    The No.3 Ti is a natural upgrade with more excitement :p

Agreed. The VX boasts good clarity but may sound thin for the top end at times. Recommended configuration is Up, Up, Down. :)

I agree that TFZ has this typical house sound hence I was impressed when I tried the No.3 Ti as it is a departure from the house sound. A statement piece indeed. Cheers! :)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  9. Nabillion_786
    But when you have time I am looking forward to you comparing the tfz no.3 ti to the oxygen+upgrade cable as this will be very interesting. After the ucl final please report back haha.

miorazam97, warriorpoet and audio123 like this.
  10. Nabillion_786
    Thanks for the advice but after all my iems it seems like I prefer single dd's over anything else. There's something about balanced armature that just does not sound natural to me. The only affordable single dd's I have yet to try are the kxxs and tfz no.3 ti. I tried the flares pro the other day and must say although it has exceptional clarity and nice soundstage the vocals are quite thin sounding so I am returning those back and especially because it is very hard to drive off phones and tablets.

DynamicEars and audio123 like this.
  11. Jeb94

then it certainly is interesting, but i gotta try it. especially after trying a bunch of their product (and not even liking a single one) u can see where my skeptisism comes from hahahaha

if they are really good then thats good. more option for us consumers :)

ah i see, well then xelento might be a nice upgrade option then. but they are quite expensive.

or get ex1k (but no iso) also great :)

quite hard to find a next step up for a single DD unit. but me personally i would try get the ex1k (altho it can be too piercing on your ears)

Nabillion_786 likes this.
  12. audio123
    I know where you are coming from. The No.3 Ti will surprise you given how it is a departure from the house sound, hence a statement piece. The Xelento is a good choice for TOTL single dynamic driver iems. Haven't take it out to listen to for quite some time. Will probably do so in the next few days. Personally, I prefer the Acoustune HS1650 CU. Enjoy & Happy listening, as always! :)

Nabillion_786 and miorazam97 like this.
  13. Markolav
    Ive never believed in "burn-in" but I think im experiencing something like that with Oxygen... maybe its just my imagination or me getting used to the sound but I feel like they sound about 2% better every time I pick them up. Or maybe not... they sound great nonetheless. :)

Makahl likes this.
  14. Makahl
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    miorazam97 and DynamicEars like this.
  15. warriorpoet
    Have you had a chance to chart it? I'm kind of hoping the upcoming IMR R2 Aten will be in a similar vein- all the good stuff of the Oxygen upgraded.

First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26
Next

Last