Sep 27, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #1,323 of 1,514
1632765968062.png

(someone in my discord)

Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Sep 28, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #1,324 of 1,514
1632765968062.png
(someone in my discord)

Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Won't be surprising if that is so, the Oxygen has been out for 2 - 3 years already and that's an eternity in this fast moving CHIFI industry.

The Hana 2021 is also touted to be a cheaper version of the Oxygen, they appear similar on graphs, but of course graphs don't tell the full story.

Would be sad if this is true though, Oxygen is my most favourite single DD in my collection. Many reviewers also use it as a benchmark comparison IEM.

Sep 28, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #1,325 of 1,514
Won't be surprising if that is so, the Oxygen has been out for 2 - 3 years already and that's an eternity in this fast moving CHIFI industry.

The Hana 2021 is also touted to be a cheaper version of the Oxygen, they appear similar on graphs, but of course graphs don't tell the full story.

Would be sad if this is true though, Oxygen is my most favourite single DD in my collection. Many reviewers also use it as a benchmark comparison IEM.
Yeah, I would be sad as well....

But if its true, maybe they have a replacement/upgrade in mind? :thinking:

Sep 28, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #1,327 of 1,514

I can vouch that, for my library (mainly female vocal JPop, classical, classic alternative, EDM), that the 2021 Hana is all that and 3 bags of chips. Female vocals, acoustic and electric guitars, piano, oboe, woodwinds, and snare drums are stellar. It is no slouch at the low end or high end of the fz spectrum or with other instruments. Mid-bass slam fans should look elsewhere though. (I hate "mid-bass slam" as much as I hate "sizzling hi-hats") Imagining is outstanding. I love how the 2021 Hana "presents" a soundstage and the pieces within it instead of imposing one.

maxresdefault.jpg

In overall satisfaction, the only IEM I own that can truly go head-to-head with the 2021 Hana is the Penon Globe at twice the price.

i would love a new Oxygen!

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #1,328 of 1,514
I'm still going back and forth between getting an "exact" upgrade to the BL03 or getting something that's a little different. I've been listening to some songs that I think the BL03 doesn't quite handle well detail-wise, even gets boomy, or lacks some sort of sparkle. Some Yoko Kanno (Ghost in the Shell, Brain Powerd, Cowboy Bebop), CHVRCHES, game soundtracks (Genshin Impact, Persona, Odin Sphere)... They're all quite different and the BL03 is trying its best lol. The next set I buy would be the second one I've ever owned so it would probably be better if I get one that can handle the genres my BL03 can't and I'm curious what a different tuning would sound like as long as it doesn't get sibilant and I won't need an amp.

Sep 28, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #1,329 of 1,514
I'm still going back and forth between getting an "exact" upgrade to the BL03 or getting something that's a little different. I've been listening to some songs that I think the BL03 doesn't quite handle well detail-wise, even gets boomy, or lacks some sort of sparkle. Some Yoko Kanno (Ghost in the Shell, Brain Powerd, Cowboy Bebop), CHVRCHES, game soundtracks (Genshin Impact, Persona, Odin Sphere)... They're all quite different and the BL03 is trying its best lol. The next set I buy would be the second one I've ever owned so it would probably be better if I get one that can handle the genres my BL03 can't and I'm curious what a different tuning would sound like as long as it doesn't get sibilant and I won't need an amp.
Trust me, a DAC/amp dongle like the Paw S1 or L&P W series will significantly improve your IEMs’ performance.

https://shop.musicteck.com/products/lotoo-paw-s1-portable-usb-dac-amp?variant=39578199162942

@RikudouGoku and, I think, @AmericanSpirit are big on OSTs. They might be a help.

I can vouch that the 2021 Hana being amped by either the S1 or W1 sounds fantastic with these OSTs:

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #1,330 of 1,514
Trust me, a DAC/amp dongle like the Paw S1 or L&P W series will significantly improve your IEMs’ performance.

https://shop.musicteck.com/products/lotoo-paw-s1-portable-usb-dac-amp?variant=39578199162942

@RikudouGoku and, I think, @AmericanSpirit are big on OSTs. They might be a help.

Ican vouch that the 2021 Hana being amped by either the S1 or W1 sounds fantastic with these OSTs:

Typical OSTs (basically the same requirements as classic music) would definitely suit the Oxygen very well.

Although there is the recently launched Moondrop KATO as well as the Hana 2021 being priced a bit lower. No clue about those 2 yet, but I am getting the Kato so I will be able to compare the Oxygen and KATO when I get it.

Sep 28, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #1,331 of 1,514
Typical OSTs (basically the same requirements as classic music) would definitely suit the Oxygen very well.

Although there is the recently launched Moondrop KATO as well as the Hana 2021 being priced a bit lower. No clue about those 2 yet, but I am getting the Kato so I will be able to compare the Oxygen and KATO when I get it.
I have a Kato incoming. I will post Hana 2021 vs. Kato comparisons. They could complement your Oxygen vs. Kato comparisons.

Sep 28, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #1,333 of 1,514
I usually listen on my laptop and rarely on my phone with an Apple dongle, does my laptop still need that?

Most laptop DACs are not that great sounding TBH.

Mostly they have subbass rolloff and lack of dynamics, microdetails. Also the laptop DACs tend to be noisy or hiss with highly sensitive IEMs.

The apple dongle is actually very good for the price, just that perhaps it cannot power highly demanding gear. Maybe if u have an adapter, can you put the apple dongle on the laptop USB? Or just buy a cheap dongle like the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro, flash the latest firmware (I bought mine at $27 USD).

Sep 28, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #1,334 of 1,514
Most laptop DACs are not that great sounding TBH.

Mostly they have subbass rolloff and lack of dynamics, microdetails. Also the laptop DACs tend to be noisy or hiss with highly sensitive IEMs.

The apple dongle is actually very good for the price, just that perhaps it cannot power highly demanding gear. Maybe if u have an adapter, can you put the apple dongle on the laptop USB? Or just buy a cheap dongle like the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro, flash the latest firmware (I bought mine at $27 USD).
I have an iPhone so the Apple dongle I use has a lightning connector. I could get the iOS package for the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro, though it costs more because it provides an additional cable, or just the Android version since both versions are compatible with PC anyway.

Oct 2, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #1,335 of 1,514
Hello. How is Tanya compared to MH755 and BL03? Is it worth getting if I already owned Cora? Since my MH755 and BL03 already broke, I'm planning to get another one and I'm considering Tanya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back