Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 16, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #1,246 of 1,514
Tanchjim Oxygen just arrived. Out of box impressions are that these are a S rank.

Pretty impressed!

Ranks have a high tendency to deflate over time and with extended listening though, so keep that in mind.

The whole frequency response has great resolution. Separation and sense of clarity is very much perceived by my ears out of the box too. Bass is ample on tracks I trust to have bass mastered in large quantities. Very balanced overall with that bass boost just a tad over what I’ve heard from other gear I like.

I’m really liking these far! An impressions video is sure to come on my channel soon, if not a full review with a sound demo within a month or so (I have so much already promised to upload and share so we’ll see how quick that demo/review comes lol).

The Oxygen are my current end game midfi single DD set.
I've not had the itch to buy more single DDs after I bought this one.

It may not fare that well with some bass heavy genres like EDM/hip hop, but for jazz and acoustic, this set is a beast. Great balance of timbre, tonality and technicalities.

Aug 17, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #1,247 of 1,514
Is that case comes from the box? Because the older ones are small..That one looks nice
The Oxygen are my current end game midfi single DD set.
I've not had the itch to buy more single DDs after I bought this one.

It may not fare that well with some bass heavy genres like EDM/hip hop, but for jazz and acoustic, this set is a beast. Great balance of timbre, tonality and technicalities.

Aug 17, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #1,248 of 1,514
Is that case comes from the box? Because the older ones are small..That one looks nice

Mine is the older version with a smaller oval like case as you say (I bought it second hand).

I think that photo above of the larger case is from @tkddans , probably a new packaging for newer Oxygens?

Aug 17, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #1,249 of 1,514
Is anyone own both Oxygen and Hana 2021? On some graphs new Hana seems to be more bassy than Oxygen (for example crinacle) which is a good thing for me. Also i wonder If there is any difference in technical performance. If it’s not a problem to pay a bit more for oxygen, are these any better than new hana? I wish there is a black or silver version of hana.. 🧐

Aug 17, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #1,252 of 1,514
It seems to have a similar temperament to one tanchi gym, but it has changed to a more exciting sound as the weight of the bass is increased compared to the one. I feel like the sound is softer than one. The vocals come forward and Nano seems to have a good balance just like Chaconne. There is almost no ear pressure when wearing, and it is comfortable to wear. It is good to have both a cable with and without a remote control in the basic configuration.

Aug 23, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #1,254 of 1,514
Do you guys find the Hana bright in the lower treble or upper treble? The peak after 10k makes me nervous, same as on the Oxygen, but both have pretty good looking graphs.

Aug 24, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #1,257 of 1,514
graph.png

Aug 24, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #1,258 of 1,514
Anybody knows the rationale of bundling 2 pairs of tips with different diameters together for the Tanchjim T-APB? I was about to buy it despite the high cost, until I realised that to get both the bass and treble models for my ear size I would be forced to purchase 4 pairs of tips with 2 of them potentially unusable

Aug 26, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #1,260 of 1,514
Found this demo recording of Prism on a Chinese site, featuring comparision against Luna | A8000 | FW10000 | 1697ti | RS10 | DreamXLS | U18t | Z1R:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1HM4y1N7aC

Listened to it through the D90SE+A90+Ether2 chain, which should be very neutral.
If demo recordings are indicative of what should be expected in real life, I really like Prism's tuning, might be my favourite within the price range, although I only heard a few. Within the comparisons I think tonally it sounds closest to U18t. It has a very intimate stage, so it really struggles with staging and imaging in orchestra. Overall if only basing my opinion on the video, I'd choose Prism over many much more higher-priced iems in the comparison.

Personally I find these videos are best approached by taking a relative perspective. It's most ideal when you heard some of the iems in comparison so you already have a realistic baseline, and therefore know what you'll gain or lose compared to the baseline.

GDrive link for the video (demo starts at 05:20):
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1J8AsmACX5y0mEJQdEbvB4fEwPx0TdzGM&export=download

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back