Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 7, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #1,277 of 1,514
And it's here 😁 , like fdx1 from drop on treble filter using the treble tips but with more resolution , clarity and texture. Mighty impressive

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210907-194236.png
    Screenshot_20210907-194236.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20210907-194239.png
    Screenshot_20210907-194239.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
Sep 7, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #1,278 of 1,514
And it's here 😁 , like fdx1 from drop on treble filter using the treble tips but with more resolution , clarity and texture. Mighty impressive

Would love to hear an in-depth first impression of the Prism. Could you let us know which source you're using?

And how does it compare to your best/favorite iem in your arsenal? Does the Prism live up to the community's expectation?

Sincerely appreciate it!!

Sep 7, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #1,279 of 1,514
Would love to hear an in-depth first impression of the Prism. Could you let us know which source you're using?

And how does it compare to your best/favorite iem in your arsenal? Does the Prism live up to the community's expectation?

Sincerely appreciate it!!
Source is LG v60 thinq I was using , looking at specs with the extremely low sensitivity and impedence it wasn't soft or power hungry. I can't say I have a favorite iem as I have 1000 plus iems / earbuds in my arsenal. And more are always coming. But so far it has definitely impressed me with the extreme darkness of background and the openness and resolution. Will try bass tips soon and I'm burning them in as we speak

Sep 7, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #1,280 of 1,514
Source is LG v60 thinq I was using , looking at specs with the extremely low sensitivity and impedence it wasn't soft or power hungry. I can't say I have a favorite iem as I have 1000 plus iems / earbuds in my arsenal. And more are always coming. But so far it has definitely impressed me with the extreme darkness of background and the openness and resolution. Will try bass tips soon and I'm burning them in as we speak
Out of your arsenal, do you have any of the "main" IEMs around the $600 price point you can compare them to? (Thieaudio Twins/ Little brothers, Moondrop S8/Var, Sony M7, Dunu SA6/Kiwiears Orchestra, Softears RSV etc...) Or compare it to the Hana2021/Oxygen if you have those?

Sep 8, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #1,281 of 1,514

Any vocal / midrange recession (prefer to avoid big V signatures)?? How about sense of soundstage and instrument placement? I'm going to have a hard time resisting this IEM I think....

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #1,282 of 1,514
Any vocal / midrange recession (prefer to avoid big V signatures)?? How about sense of soundstage and instrument placement? I'm going to have a hard time resisting this IEM I think....
Dont think it's V shaped.

1631085690912.png

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #1,284 of 1,514

Could you let us know how it's imaging and resolution performs? And where does it currently fit/rank in your collection?

Any iems you can also compare it to?
Sorry for so many questions! Really excited to hear this Prism myself :)

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #1,285 of 1,514
Let's say you have the tanchjim O2 and wondering if prism is a upgrade to it. I'd 100 say yes in everything. It's darker background , more clarity , more extension and texture as well as resolution and soundstage is wider deeper and taller and imaging also is excellent as well.

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #1,286 of 1,514
Let's say you have the tanchjim O2 and wondering if prism is a upgrade to it. I'd 100 say yes in everything. It's darker background , more clarity , more extension and texture as well as resolution and soundstage is wider deeper and taller and imaging also is excellent as well.
I want the Prism but I'm too broke hahaha.. I'll be rocking my 02 until the end of time

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #1,287 of 1,514
How about timbre?

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #1,288 of 1,514
How about timbre?

+1

In general the hybrids like Prism should have better technicalities than single DD types like Oxygen. But in general the single DD types have more authentic timbral accuracy than hybrids (in general). There are exceptions of course.

So kind of an apples to oranges comparison to compare the Oxygen against the Prism as the different transducers tend to have their strengths and weaknesses. I think it would be more fair to compare the Prism against some other midfi hybrids?

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:21 AM Post #1,289 of 1,514
how bout the weight, shell & nozzle size compare to o2? i like my o2 sound, but dont like those 3 thing i mention

Users who are viewing this thread

Back