Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 7, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #811 of 1,514
I do wish they at least offered it in regular length.

I’ve never seen that carrying case of yours. IT’S AWESOME!!! Gotta love Sony Sport!

Thanks buddy.

Even though it didn’t work as a Walkman anymore, I hate throwing stuff away that I can repurpose into something else. I thought it was really cool how the Walkman opened and closed (with a nice stainless hinge and snap closure). I had never seen a Walkman that had that setup (I assume for water resistance). So I came up with the idea of removing the Walkman guts (which are modular and cams out in 1 piece), and lining it with velour and turning it into a cool case.

There’s a few more pictures in the retro thread if anyone is interested:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...discontinued-iems.939368/page-2#post-15788477

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #812 of 1,514
Btw i just saw the video of scratching hana with keys ... Its looks quite durable ... But how bout the front side?

Maybe its kinda stupid question, but if i put clear sticker at front shell it wont change the sound right ?.... Always heard iem with metal shell will easily get scratch

Aug 10, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #813 of 1,514
Just got the Hana, liking it so far.
The bass is clean, tight & fast. No bleed as well. The punch is pretty powerful for a semi neutral bass. Mids is fine for me but treble is a bit too energetic. Technicalities also very good

Aug 11, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #817 of 1,514
If you are referring to Yorosello not hearing any sibilance. I just say that we all have different tolerances. (and ear shape can cause or remove sibilance too.)

I have tried using EQ too, while it does help reduce sibilance and sharpness it doesnt remove it entirely. Unless I reduce the treble a lot but then the quality gets worse too so not worth it. There are better stuff out there than the Hana that plays my library better. But of course if you only listen to classic music then it is a pretty good iem (I believe @tgx78 does that).

Aug 11, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #818 of 1,514
I even try the same song that cause sibilance on the spring 2 and I got nothing on hana. Been listening to it for whole day too

Aug 11, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #819 of 1,514
I even try the same song that cause sibilance on the spring 2 and I got nothing on hana. Been listening to it for whole day too
We definitely have different treble weakspots.
graph (26).png

I assume it is the 8k peak that is causing sibilance for you on the spring 2? I am not sensitive to that area at all. While it is mainly the 3k area that is like daggers to me.

Aug 11, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #820 of 1,514
We definitely have different treble weakspots.
graph (26).png
I assume it is the 8k peak that is causing sibilance for you on the spring 2? I am not sensitive to that area at all. While it is mainly the 3k area that is like daggers to me.
Yeah, i mostly detect sibilance on the 8k. 3k boost is never a problem for me. Even with unusual boost like the SSR/Hana.

Aug 11, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #821 of 1,514
Yeah, i mostly detect sibilance on the 8k. 3k boost is never a problem for me. Even with unusual boost like the SSR/Hana.
yup we are all different. The reader just have to take that into account and "compensate" with their own sensitivities lol.

@zenki You got your answer now I take it.

Aug 17, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #822 of 1,514
Hana is not shouty or sibilant at all for me, guess we all have different tolerances.

Aug 17, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #823 of 1,514
Hana is not shouty or sibilant at all for me, guess we all have different tolerances.
I have a low tolerance for sibilance and find the Hana to be a very comfortable listen with accurate timbre and imaging. For these wishing a slightly reduced treble, adding a second filter has been previously mentioned as an easy mod, however I have not felt the need to try this. The Hana also responds well to filter rolling. I did own the O2 for quite some time but despite the lower cost of the, Hana, it seems to me to be the more tonally accurate device.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #824 of 1,514
I have a low tolerance for sibilance and find the Hana to be a very comfortable listen with accurate timbre and imaging. For these wishing a slightly reduced treble, adding a second filter has been previously mentioned as an easy mod, however I have not felt the need to try this. The Hana also responds well to filter rolling. I did own the O2 for quite some time but despite the lower cost of the, Hana, it seems to me to be the more tonally accurate device.
Yes, we definitely all have different tolerances, and we are all sensitive to different frequencies, due to multiple factors, age, health of hearing, ear anatomy, etc.

It does seem like the HANA is technically quite exceptional. I really would like to listen to the Oxygen and the HANA some time.

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #825 of 1,514
Yes, we definitely all have different tolerances, and we are all sensitive to different frequencies, due to multiple factors, age, health of hearing, ear anatomy, etc.

It does seem like the HANA is technically quite exceptional. I really would like to listen to the Oxygen and the HANA some time.

Love the Oxygen. It’s my favorite dynamic along with the No 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back