Tampa Florida Head-fi Extravaganza: May ? (Poll posted)
Feb 9, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #34 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be heading over from Pompano Beach and could take a passenger with me. The only consideration would be I am going to be staying over for at least one night.

Im sure we can work something out...between you me and Flecom, one of us can do it. I will prob be staying the night over anyway.

Feb 10, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #35 of 75
I haven't seen any objections for June 9th or 2nd, correct? I'm going to go hunting on Monday for the location. I've got a few nice places in mind but I don't know prices yet. The Springhill Suites we used for the last meet will be the standby if some of my more exotic ideas don't work out. In any case it will stay within spitting distance of Tampa International.

Feb 10, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #36 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone willing to carpool or something?

that drive was exausting last time

I'll be drivng my Ariel Atom! That should shave a couple of hours off the trip. See pics towards the bottom of the page on this thread:

http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/....html#msg38140

I'm hoping to have it in Florida by the end of March or early April. The new one that I have on order won't be ready until August or so. Thus, I figured I'd buy a used one in the meantime to get aquainted with how it handles. The used one is a 140hp version, whereas the new one will be 205hp (and I'm thinking about upgrading it to either 245hp or 300hp which I can still do).

The problem with the 300hp version is that 95% of its talent is tied behind its back when driving it on streets, but the extra power will make a big difference on track days. The 140hp car will be a lot more fun to drive day in and day out for trips such as the Aligator Alley run. Thus, I might be totally impractical and keep both of them!

Feb 10, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #38 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't seen any objections for June 9th or 2nd, correct? I'm going to go hunting on Monday for the location. I've got a few nice places in mind but I don't know prices yet. The Springhill Suites we used for the last meet will be the standby if some of my more exotic ideas don't work out. In any case it will stay within spitting distance of Tampa International.

The 9th would be significantly better for me in that my last week of school ends on the 8th. I'll be ready for a party. Prior to that, I'll be ready for a straight jacket, but I hear you Tampa guys have some experience with those.

I, too, would be willing to carpool/convoy. I may have a new car by then as well, not quite an Ariel Atom (more like a Matrix or Scion) but fine for me. My car died again at 3:00AM on Federal Hwy two days ago. Just a belt this time, but every month it's something, so it's time.

Feb 10, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #39 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be drivng my Ariel Atom! That should shave a couple of hours off the trip. See pics towards the bottom of the page on this thread:

I'm hoping to have it in Florida by the end of March or early April. The new one that I have on order won't be ready until August or so. Thus, I figured I'd buy a used one in the meantime to get aquainted with how it handles. The used one is a 140hp version, whereas the new one will be 205hp (and I'm thinking about upgrading it to either 245hp or 300hp which I can still do).

The problem with the 300hp version is that 95% of its talent is tied behind its back when driving it on streets, but the extra power will make a big difference on track days. The 140hp car will be a lot more fun to drive day in and day out for trips such as the Aligator Alley run. Thus, I might be totally impractical and keep both of them!

**** you bought a Atom? I was looking at them for a REALLLY long time. I remember seeing a few years back, they only offered it in Honda Vtec motor or the Ford Geotec motor. Dude, i really cant wait to see it. Its silly fast for such a small motor. I want to race it =)...by then i should have my NoS and hopefully my engine work done (retainers, springs, valves, pistons, sleeves, new cam).

Feb 10, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #40 of 75
Wayne - What kinds of NOS tubes do you use in the audio system in this rig?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Feb 10, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #41 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

This comes standard in the 300 h.p. version:

f_panasonic_cqtx5500d.jpg

Let the tuberolling begin. It comes with it's own roll bar on the topside of the unit...just in case
eek.gif

Feb 10, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #42 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 9th would be significantly better for me in that my last week of school ends on the 8th. I'll be ready for a party. Prior to that, I'll be ready for a straight jacket, but I hear you Tampa guys have some experience with those.

I, too, would be willing to carpool/convoy. I may have a new car by then as well, not quite an Ariel Atom (more like a Matrix or Scion) but fine for me. My car died again at 3:00AM on Federal Hwy two days ago. Just a belt this time, but every month it's something, so it's time.

School doesn't end until JUNE 8th this year? Jesus they just keep cutting at that summer break.

Feb 10, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #43 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Speakers & amp are too heavy for that car! If he wants audio it's gonna have to be his ipod and some IEM's. (Don't tell me about how it's illegal. With how open that car is plus the huge air intake behind your head there's no chance you're gonna hear sirens anyway. Across the alley you might as well plug in and enjoy the ride.)

Feb 11, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #44 of 75
Quote:

School doesn't end until JUNE 8th this year? Jesus they just keep cutting at that summer break.

It's June 23rd in NYC. But they don't go back until after Labor Day.

Feb 11, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #45 of 75
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's June 23rd in NYC. But they don't go back until after Labor Day.

June 8th is the last day.Teachers have to be back second week in August (usually first week if you don't want to start out behind), and the kids start on the 3rd week of Aug. It's still a nice break. I'm hoping to travel. I may go to Peru with a girlfriend, but may settle a few short trips to places I've never been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back