Tampa Florida Head-fi Extravaganza: May ? (Poll posted)
Feb 16, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #61 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, if I were going to NYC in March it would be to catch a weekend of the Allman Brothers not to hang out at some crazy headphone meet. Talk about having priorities screwed up.
biggrin.gif

Just come to the meet we'll put on peaking at the beacon hand you a lighter, spliff and spill some beer on you , it will feel the same

Feb 16, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #62 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sheesh! More grief, and this time from Mr. Organized, himself. Nums, have you taken a good look at Matthew and me lately? All that prettiness takes work - pretty doesn't just happen. As to the venue, gear, and festivities, think of us as the strong silent type - we'll let you know when it's ready, and you will come, and you will like it.

when does the silent part start
biggrin.gif

ps how is the Yammy

Feb 16, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #63 of 75
Quote:

The only load you'll be carrying is that big head to the office tomorrow ...
very_evil_smiley.gif

No Qualia for you!
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just come to the meet we'll put on peaking at the beacon hand you a lighter, spliff and spill some beer on you , it will feel the same

Not even close. I mean really, your getting on a plan to go to NYC in March and you doing it listen to headphones when you could have caught three shows at the Beacon. It's nut I tell ya.
confused.gif

Feb 16, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #64 of 75
Quote:

Wayne ... did I mention we'll have valet parking at the meet. Yes, and I will be the attendant ...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sweet ride.
2003_atom-2_1.jpg

Ohh man, just /drooooool all over that. You must take me for a ride wayne...you must. I hate to say it but thats going to be the highlight of my weekend.

HAHAHAHAHA, love that car. I saw it about 4-5 years ago and wanted it ever since. That would prob be the fastest car on the road besides a Enzo =)

Feb 16, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #65 of 75
Quote:

I'm on my second 22oz'r so this is lost on me at the moment. I am sure I will understand in the morning.

Hey, my daughter just got a 1340 on her SAT. I am a proud dad. Having said that, I would love to be in NYC that weekend. Actually, if I were going to NYC in March it would be to catch a weekend of the Allman Brothers not to hang out at some crazy headphone meet. Talk about having priorities screwed up.
biggrin.gif

Nice, Mike, and definitely worth bragging rights.

Quote:

Hey, sombody's gotta keep the sushi and tapas bars in business. Sushi doesn't eat itself.

Although I applaud your sense of civic duty, neglecting your brethren on the east will only create an atmosphere of discontent and advancing resentment. The sushi and tapas bars of the west are not prepared for an onslaught of garrulous and potentially drunken east coast head-fiers with grudges to exploit. I suggest you keep us placated, even with lies.

Feb 16, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #66 of 75
WOW, 1340 on a SAT is awesome. Grats to her..whats her GPA? I can smell a future gator in the making....ohh man....GOOO GATORS!!

Ohh i should tell her about all the fun times i had in Gainsville....ohh wait no i shouldnt hahahahahaha......Ive come for your daughter......CHUCK!!

Feb 16, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #67 of 75
Quote:

when does the silent part start
biggrin.gif

Touché

Quote:

ps how is the Yammy

Terrific - I am smitten, and eager to share with you.

Quote:

No Qualia for you!

Oh yeah? Don't make me come over there ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although I applaud your sense of civic duty, neglecting your brethren on the east will only create an atmosphere of discontent and advancing resentment. The sushi and tapas bars of the west are not prepared for an onslaught of garrulous and potentially drunken east coast head-fiers with grudges to exploit. I suggest you keep us placated, even with lies.

Your applause is welcome respite from the unceasing slings and arrows of your more coarse east coast neighbors. I am merely the advance man, seeking to find places, any place, that would tolerate the "onslaught of garrulous and potentially drunken east coast head-fiers with grudges to exploit." Not an easy task, but someone's gotta do it.

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #68 of 75
And we have a location, on a beach!

serv_450.jpg

food3_450.jpg

The Radisson Bay Harbor Inn. On the courtney campbell causeway very close to the airport, right out on Tampa Bay. Connected to the hotel is a local seafood chain called Crabby Bill's that serves breakfast, so I'm sure we can load Ray up on all the eggs he can eat. It's also open late with a full bar and outdoor seating, and a nice white sand beach. Good for walking on but swimming in the bay isn't highly advisable.

The meet room(s?) will be cheap, the people in the restaraunt hooked me up on that aspect. No solid decisions yet on what room or whether we'll do more than one. The woman in charge of that asked me to call her back after she's through with the March rush of meetings. She has me penciled in for at least one big one that can be split up into two, so we'll work from there.

Actual hotel rooms aren't really cheap but neither is anything else in the area, especially that time of year. Rooms on the side of the hotel not overlooking the water are $139 as of right now. I didn't ask if there will be a special rate for rooms but we're getting a special deal on the meet room, so I wouldn't count on it.

The hotel does run a van to the airport in case anyone comes in at an inconvenient time for pickup.

So that's about it. If anyone has any objections let me know.

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #69 of 75
Quote:

2003_atom-2_1.jpg

I like my picture of Wayne driving his Atom better!

guess_who.jpg

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #70 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks good, Matt. If people double up in the rooms, the $139 isn't bad at all, especially for a place with breakfast, beach, and tiki bar (did you want a little umbrella with that, sir?).

pinacolada.jpg

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #71 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, me too, even though your Photoshop skills are meager.
evil_smiley.gif
I like the semi-scared expression on Santa's face, and the K1000s in place.

Feb 16, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #73 of 75
Quote:

Your applause is welcome respite from the unceasing slings and arrows of your more coarse east coast neighbors. I am merely the advance man, seeking to find places, any place, that would tolerate the "onslaught of garrulous and potentially drunken east coast head-fiers with grudges to exploit." Not an easy task, but someone's gotta do it.

Thank goodness someone's doing the dirty work. We can relax and listen to our music now. Well, some of us are listening to music. Others are still pack-ratting amps like ocd string collectors. Jpnums picked up another one today...I'm telling you true. I only hope I get to listen to it soon.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice, Matt. Good choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

guess_who.jpg

Uh...Santa looks stoned. We might not want to let him in. Could be trouble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reivaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol well.... is a date decided on? cause i need to start planning my trips for the summer

Javier, never mention trips (in the plural) to us poor working schleps who will toil all summer long...oh wait...I'm a teacher...I'll be off all summer, vacationing wherever I choose. You're right! Hurry up, guys. We need to pick a date so I can plan my loafing schedule around it.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 16, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #75 of 75
Quote:

You've known your kids 15, 16 years you've got to be a little sick of em by now, not to mention them of you. You seen one Bat Mitzvah you've seen them all, just send a check.

jp's right...I have ties older than that
eek.gif

BTW- I received a 1450 on my SAT's umpteen years ago, and look how far it's gotten me (hanging out with a bunch of headphone geeks and looking under my couch cushions for change every time I get the urge to buy a pair of iGrados)
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Yeah, me too, even though your Photoshop skills are meager.
evil_smiley.gif
I like the semi-scared expression on Santa's face, and the K1000s in place.

Oh, should I have used Photoshop? I just cut out the pictures and glued them to a piece of paper. You know, cut and paste
icon10.gif

I'm not sure if the K1000's are appropriate for the Atom situation. The sound leakage might be disturbing to the other people who are driving next to him, trying to talk on their cell phones. Besides, they were the only ones that I could find that were big enough for Wayne's head, and a square shape is easier to cut with the scissors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back