Tampa Florida Head-fi Extravaganza: May ? (Poll posted)
Feb 7, 2007 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

NightWoundsTime

A nice hunk of young man
All you Floridians and Floridian wannabes, I'm looking for your input! What lovely weekend in MAY shall we dedicate to our usual brand of temporary insanity? Yes this is the official announcement that I will again be playing host, or warden depending on how far this all goes.

So, help me pick a date. I've got a few places in mind that would be really cool for the meet but it will of course come down to availability and pricing. The poll includes all weekends in May, since many of you are going to the national in April. If nothing works out for that month we can always look at dates further into the summer.

Multiple options enabled so if you're available the whole month check them all.

Feb 7, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #2 of 75
It's about time someone stepped up to the plate. Of course it would be you, Matt as the other west coasters are a little on the lazy side. I'm in Jacksonville so I will check the family calendar tonight. June might be better for me after a 4 days in California but I know you have Bonaroo at some point.

The most important part is to make sure, whatever weekend it is, the Buddhist Temple is serving lunch on Sunday.

Feb 7, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 75
Oh most definitely on the Buddhist temple. Concert schedules are far from booked for that far ahead but I'm sure that when we get closer there will be something interesting to do on Friday night.

Feb 7, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 75
Any weekend but the last, Matt. As Mike says, if June is better, I can do that, too. I can check places in Sarasota, but if we expect a big out of town contingent via air, Tampa would be much preferred by them.

Feb 7, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #6 of 75
Extravaganza....hmmm...from Italian (e)stravaganza by similarity to extravagant. 1387, from M.L. extravagantem, originally a word in Canon Law for uncodified papal decrees, prp. of extravagari "wander outside or beyond," from L. extra "outside of" + vagari "wander, roam." Extended sense of "excessive, extreme" first recorded 1599; that of "wasteful, lavish" 1711. Extravaganza is a 1754 borrowing of the It. version of the word, meaning "peculiar behavior" at first; sense of "fantastic performance" is 1794.

Yes, yes, yes. Count me in!

I could probably do the 3rd weekend, but June would be 100% better for me other than the first weekend. I have final exams to give and all that essay grading and test grading and wrap-up, blah, blah, etc. I would love to have that all behind me and just be able to relax and let loose a bit.

BTW, I've lived in Florida 11 years now and have never been on the west coast. I'll be counting on you guys to make this memorable.

Feb 7, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #7 of 75
Please try not to make it Memorial Day Weekend. It would be impossible and expensive to get flights and hotel rooms.

Feb 7, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #8 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Extravaganza....hmmm...from Italian (e)stravaganza by similarity to extravagant. 1387, from M.L. extravagantem, originally a word in Canon Law for uncodified papal decrees, prp. of extravagari "wander outside or beyond," from L. extra "outside of" + vagari "wander, roam." Extended sense of "excessive, extreme" first recorded 1599; that of "wasteful, lavish" 1711. Extravaganza is a 1754 borrowing of the It. version of the word, meaning "peculiar behavior" at first; sense of "fantastic performance" is 1794.
Yes, yes, yes. Count me in!

I could probably do the 3rd weekend, but June would be 100% better for me other than the first weekend. I have final exams to give and all that essay grading and test grading and wrap-up, blah, blah, etc. I would love to have that all behind me and just be able to relax and let loose a bit.

BTW, I've lived in Florida 11 years now and have never been on the west coast. I'll be counting on you guys to make this memorable.

I see that you've been studying the Oxford English Dictionary. Do you have all 50+ volumes?
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #9 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You haven't missed much.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please try not to make it Memorial Day Weekend. It would be impossible and expensive to get flights and hotel rooms.

Agreed since we want you to be there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any weekend but the last, Matt. As Mike says, if June is better, I can do that, too. I can check places in Sarasota, but if we expect a big out of town contingent via air, Tampa would be much preferred by them.

Lazy west coaster attempt at organizing a meet. Gene says: We can do it in Sarasota except we can't, we will leave it up to you Matt, as usual."
very_evil_smiley.gif

Gentle soul, my a**.
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #10 of 75
I should be Ok any time. I try not to keep a schedule, so there may be something I'm overlooking but I'll try to make it in any event.

Feb 7, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #12 of 75
Whenever.....as long as we keep steveio away from the speedstick....

Feb 8, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #15 of 75
If June is the month would there be an interest for an small mini meet in South Beach, say at the end of March. The rec room in my building is basically finished and they are allowing activities for an small cleaning fee. If a couple show interest I can start a different thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back