Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 16, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #992 of 4,538
My trouble with big band is partly solved through noubsound NS-02E tube amp fed by Alientek D8.
However NS-02E tube amp generates noticeable noise around 600hz monotonic sound.
Anybody has similar problem with the tube amp?

Jan 17, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #994 of 4,538
Just a quick update: my 3rd of 4 units arrived yesterday. Shipped January 4, that was 12 calendar days in transit. Not too bad. This one was also hermetically sealed in bubble wrap and tape. A good thing too, since it sat in the snow most of the day.

Jan 17, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #996 of 4,538
Well, I bought a 2.5mm to 3.5mm from Vention, hoping it to be decent, but totally not worth it. I suppose the cheap cables are off for me. Can anyone suggest a decent to good cable with 2.5mm to 3.5mm? Something that doesn't "robotize" the sound of the 82 Pro (yes, they were that terrible).

Jan 17, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #997 of 4,538
Well, I bought a 2.5mm to 3.5mm from Vention, hoping it to be decent, but totally not worth it. I suppose the cheap cables are off for me. Can anyone suggest a decent to good cable with 2.5mm to 3.5mm? Something that doesn't "robotize" the sound of the 82 Pro (yes, they were that terrible).
I bought one from vention also, the 2.5mm part can't go into the hole fully. Must cut the tip of the housing a bit to make it useable.

Jan 17, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #998 of 4,538
Jan 17, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #999 of 4,538

This one works just fine for me, I didn't hear any "robotization" effect with it, couldn't tell the diff between it and the stock cable, and it fits fine into the Pro 82 without any issue:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01115SWBG

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #1,000 of 4,538
I bought one from vention also, the 2.5mm part can't go into the hole fully. Must cut the tip of the housing a bit to make it useable.
I noticed that I had to not insert the 2.5mm pole fully to even get sound on both sides, and if I got it all in, it would completely stop. How's the sound quality on yours after cutting the tip? Can you upload a pic of it?

Probably will buy this one then, or similar. Want something smaller than the current one though.

This one works just fine for me, I didn't hear any "robotization" effect with it, couldn't tell the diff between it and the stock cable, and it fits fine into the Pro 82 without any issue:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01115SWBG
The only reason why I'm not buying this one, is because it's too similar to the original one, and my current cover doesn't allow me to properly insert the 3.5mm pole in the socket :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #1,001 of 4,538
I noticed that I had to not insert the 2.5mm pole fully to even get sound on both sides, and if I got it all in, it would completely stop. How's the sound quality on yours after cutting the tip? Can you upload a pic of it?

Probably will buy this one then, or similar. Want something smaller than the current one though.

The only reason why I'm not buying this one, is because it's too similar to the original one, and my current cover doesn't allow me to properly insert the 3.5mm pole in the socket :frowning2:

So perhaps you need one with a low-profile L-plug? Like this...?

https://www.amazon.com/Sqrmekoko-Sennheiser-Technica-ATH-M50x-ATH-M40x/dp/B076VPH4SP/

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #1,002 of 4,538
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iscussion-thread.849965/page-47#post-13939639

The 2.5mm housing is too wide, it doesn't fit to the indentation around the hole. When you plug it fully it actually doesn't plugged fully.

After I cut the tip like in the picture it works fine, can't hear the difference with the stock cable.

I use a handsaw to cut the tip. 5 minutes of work to not wasting money on that cable

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back