Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 12, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #961 of 4,535
A quick note - the survey at the top should be changed from "Brainwavz HM5/Yoga CD-990/NVX XPT100" to "Brainwavz HM5/Yoga CD-880/NVX XPT100" because the Yoga CD-990 (aka Fischer FA-002) is open back, while the Yoga CD-880 (aka Fischer FA-003/Brainwavz HM5/NVX XPT100) is the closed back headphone.

Jan 12, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #962 of 4,535
There is any good aftermarket cable for for pro-82?
The stock one is too short to be comfortable, and my amp has only 6.5 mm jack.
If 1.6m is too short for you, your best bet is using extension cables.
Pro 82 does come with a 3.5mm/6.5mm adapter - at least TakstarAudio does put it in as a gift. Earlier it was a part of the package.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #964 of 4,535
There is any good aftermarket cable for for pro-82?
The stock one is too short to be comfortable, and my amp has only 6.5 mm jack.

This is the one I'm using right now, it's 2 meter and has a threaded 6.3mm adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01115SWBG/

IMG_2328.jpeg

Jan 12, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #966 of 4,535
Any cable for Sennheiser HD5xx series works fine with Pro 82

And also some for Urbanite and Momentum as long as they don't have a locking mechanism that gets in the way.

Most of these will fit in the Pro 82 although they should be tested. The link I left is marketed as for Urbanite XL, and it does work on those headphones, as well as the HD 558, and the Pro 82, but the stock Sennheiser cable for Urbanite XL does not work on the Pro 82 because the locking mechanism gets in the way.

Jan 13, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #967 of 4,535
This is the opposite to my thoughts on these, these are up there with my T1's for no grain and the bass is deep analogue and very good quality the imaging is the best of all my headphones and sound stage are great when the recording has one.

What is your DAC/amp and the kind of music you listen to, if you don't mind telling us?

May I ask which has a more analytical sound or higher listening fatigue, the T1 or Pro 82? I used to own the Beyerdynamic T1 and Meier amp many years ago. They were sold in just less than a year as the T1 felt uncomfortable to me. I cannot seem to have the T1 on my head for long, usually not more than 30 minutes mainly due to the weight and clamping force. I understand everyone is different and my tolerance levels are surely a lot lower than most headphone users here. My current JVC HA-S680 feels much more comfortable than the T1 and they are staying on my head for longer periods. The sound quality of the JVC may be lacking but comfort is more important to me so it's staying put.

The T1 has a rather analytical sound to me with a rather sharp treble. I need to turn the volume a little lower to compensate on the force or sharpness of the sound which contributes to listening fatigue. How do you rate the Pro 82 in this area when compared to the T1?

Sound-quality wise I am not too fussy as I am not really a headphone guy (I currently only own 2 pairs both JVC). As long as the headphones feel comfortable on my head I will be happy. The improvement in sound quality (or different sound signature) from the current headphones that I have will be a bonus. When I feel sick of listening to the JVC I will have the luxury of switching to something different, and the Takstar will fill that gap. Since the Pro 82 is reported to be more comfortable than the JVC HA-S680 that i own, I am confident that I will not be disappointed with it even though it sounds inferior to the JVC (which I understand is unlikely to happen).

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #968 of 4,535
On-head comfort is one issue that you do NOT have to worry about with the Pro 82. At my job I tend to have headphones on for 5-7 hours a day, and the Pro 82 are so lightweight and soft that you don't realize you are wearing them (other than the sound isolation). Seriously, comfort is off the chart.

Jan 13, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #969 of 4,535
Thanks for the information. That's certainly good to hear. 5 to 7 hours a day, that's certainly quite a feat!

The Pro 82 was chosen mainly for its comfort (reported to be more comfortable than the JVC HA-S680 that I currently have), improvement in sound quality will be a bonus.

Jan 13, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #970 of 4,535
May I ask which has a more analytical sound or higher listening fatigue, the T1 or Pro 82? I used to own the Beyerdynamic T1 and Meier amp many years ago. They were sold in just less than a year as the T1 felt uncomfortable to me. I cannot seem to have the T1 on my head for long, usually not more than 30 minutes mainly due to the weight and clamping force. I understand everyone is different and my tolerance levels are surely a lot lower than most headphone users here. My current JVC HA-S680 feels much more comfortable than the T1 and they are staying on my head for longer periods. The sound quality of the JVC may be lacking but comfort is more important to me so it's staying put.

The T1 has a rather analytical sound to me with a rather sharp treble. I need to turn the volume a little lower to compensate on the force or sharpness of the sound which contributes to listening fatigue. How do you rate the Pro 82 in this area when compared to the T1?

Sound-quality wise I am not too fussy as I am not really a headphone guy (I currently only own 2 pairs both JVC). As long as the headphones feel comfortable on my head I will be happy. The improvement in sound quality (or different sound signature) from the current headphones that I have will be a bonus. When I feel sick of listening to the JVC I will have the luxury of switching to something different, and the Takstar will fill that gap. Since the Pro 82 is reported to be more comfortable than the JVC HA-S680 that i own, I am confident that I will not be disappointed with it even though it sounds inferior to the JVC (which I understand is unlikely to happen).
I echo what has been said by many member the Pro 82's are very light and the ear cushions are comfortable with not much clap at all.

The Pro 82's have a clear delivery but it never gets to much for me, I run both the T1 and the Pro 82 from a Little Dot MKII With C3g tubes so this does tame the T1's and the Pro 82's.

I have never seen a post with anyone complaining about the high's here and I have no complaints either, it makes vocals sound great with that sprinkle of clarity just the right amount.

The T1 can sound bright it takes a little while for me to get used to them when I switch back from any other phone.

I boost the low frequencies a lot with the T1 and a little with the Pro 82 as they have a much better bass very analogue and see through / hear through it never gets muddy.

I have boxed up all my other HP's for the time being as I can not get enough of the precise imaging and over all greatness for gaming and music.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #972 of 4,535
@BenF Are you aware of the new SMSL IQ? Apparently it is a balanced, dual-mono version of iDEA, with improved THD+N, SND and DNR measurements. PLL jitter clock is replaced by 2 TCXOs too, which is always a good thing. I wonder if its a good choice for the Pro 82.

EDIT: Seems like the Sabaj DA3 is a dual-mono of Sabaj DA2 which is identical to the SMSL iDEA. As you already mentioned that the DA3 is not a good pair for the Pro 82, I assume it should be the same for IQ.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #973 of 4,535
@BenF Are you aware of the new SMSL IQ? Apparently it is a balanced, dual-mono version of iDEA, with improved THD+N, SND and DNR measurements. PLL jitter clock is replaced by 2 TCXOs too, which is always a good thing. I wonder if its a good choice for the Pro 82.

EDIT: Seems like the Sabaj DA3 is a dual-mono of Sabaj DA2 which is identical to the SMSL iDEA. As you already mentioned that the DA3 is not a good pair for the Pro 82, I assume it should be the same for IQ.

Yep, IQ should be equal to DA3 - which is a great standalone DAC/Amp (if you are OK with the loss of bass control as a result of high output impedance).
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iscussion-thread.849965/page-59#post-13960273

With the TakstarAudio selling Idea at 78$ (I believe, the lowest price on Ali) and the combo pricing putting Pro 82 at 60$ (without case) and 68$(with case), Idea is a no-brainer companion for Pro 82, especially if you do plan to improve your chain with O2 in the future (the sooner, the better).
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iscussion-thread.849965/page-64#post-13970024

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #974 of 4,535
So. I think i fixed the problem with the headphone. The audio jack (doesnt know how to call it =)) was defect. So i had to desoldered and put a new one on the board. After that, its working like a charm.

The sound quality is amazing. Its way better then a Superlux or Qpad headset and thats only for 60 €. My seller was pretty fast with shipping and replied pretty fast. All in all a no brainer!!!

Seller was MH Recording Music Store - Link to the Headphone --> https://de.aliexpress.com/store/pro...637.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.17d30e88uebOvc

Jan 15, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #975 of 4,535
Holy crap, what the hell? The ear pads make more of an impact to me than the O2! Seriously, I highly recommend adding the pads. I'm using the thin ones for the HE400 that BenF recommends, and they make a great impact. They extend the bass a little and cut slightly on the treble when it gets too hot, specially when it's almost sibilant. Haven't tested the thicker 4mm ones, but the 2mm are mandatory, as far as I'm concerned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back