Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 11, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #931 of 4,538
Already got the pads, Just by looking at them, I feel the thick ones are too thick, really. Will have to try to test with and without them. Stuffing them directly on top of the original pads is fine right?

Btw, regarding this song:

You can clearly pinpoint where the sounds are coming from, it's really great. My doubt is: it was recorded so that you can pinpoint them on any set of cans right?

Jan 11, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #932 of 4,538
Already got the pads, Just by looking at them, I feel the thick ones are too thick, really. Will have to try to test with and without them. Stuffing them directly on top of the original pads is fine right?
Right!

Jan 11, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #933 of 4,538
I was initially looking at the Sennheiser HD650 and this Takstar Pro 82 was recommended instead. After spending some time (about 1 hour) reading through the pages here, I've got to say I'm mightily impressed. It has compared favorably to some of the heavyweights which include the Beyerdynamic T1 (which I previously owned) and Sennheiser HD800, at a price of less than $100. Sounds like a giant killer and mighty value.

Just wondering, why this Pro 82 as there are many other Takstar models listed on the official Takstar website. Is the Pro 82 the best sounding model at its price point?

Jan 11, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #935 of 4,538
By the way, is the hard casing worth the price? It looks pretty good though.

Easily worth the $10 extra, if for no other reason than it will protect the phones MUCH better than the packaging when ordered without the case. It's also quite a nice case.

I've received two sets of Pro 82 that I ordered from 2 different sellers on AliExpress. The one I ordered first without the case was VERY sparsely packed loose in a cardboard box with no padding. I'm surprised it arrived intact. I've been using it for over a week with no issue though.

The retail package I ordered from the Takstar store on AliExpress came in the case and the case was in the retail box (stolen image shown below).

I would buy the case.

10048592.jpg

Jan 11, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #936 of 4,538
Thanks for that. Similarly I would get the case. It looks premium and nice in the photos. Yes, quality of packaging (by the seller) is important to prevent damage to the shipment. The hard case would surely help, although I wouldn't want it to be scratched in any way(the nice case needs to be protected by layer(s) of bubble wrap as well).

Jan 11, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #938 of 4,538
Really recommend buying them with the case. Protection is one thing but above all, they looks amazing with the metal case that only cost you an additional $8 :beyersmile:
Thanks. Yes, my mind was pretty much made up but just needed some reassurance.

Man all these products coming out from China are really giving some of the heavyweights a serious run for the money. Not that it will replace the premium designs from other competitors but it's encouraging that some of these Chinese companies are producing quality products that do not cost an arm and a leg but still capable of producing a stellar performance. Chinese products used to be scorned for their poor build quality and performance but it looks like things are changing for the better.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #939 of 4,538
Thanks. Yes, my mind was pretty much made up but just needed some reassurance.

Man all these products coming out from China are really giving some of the heavyweights a serious run for the money. Not that it will replace the premium designs from other competitors but it's encouraging that some of these Chinese companies are producing quality products that do not cost an arm and leg but still capable of producing a stellar performance. Chinese products used to be scorned for their poor build quality and performance but it looks like things are changing for the better.

My only concern in buying Chinese products years back was build quality but things are definitely change now, for the better of course. A stellar performance product with good durability at an amazing price like Takstar Pro 82 is really hard to resist :ksc75smile:

Jan 11, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #940 of 4,538
The hard case would surely help, although I wouldn't want it to be scratched in any way(the nice case needs to be protected by layer(s) of bubble wrap as well).

I cannot speak for any other seller, but the unit I purchased from the Takstar Audio store had the headphones in the hard case, then in the retail box, and the retail box was wrapped in bubble wrap on all sides and then completely sealed in clear tape so water could not get in. Very well packed!

I have another 2 units en route, so I'll see if they are packed the same way.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #941 of 4,538
I cannot speak for any other seller, but the unit I purchased from the Takstar Audio store had the headphones in the hard case, then in the retail box, and the retail box was wrapped in bubble wrap on all sides and then completely sealed in clear tape so water could not get in. Very well packed!

I have another 2 units en route, so I'll see if they are packed the same way.

Agree! They're doing amazing with the wrap. Although, it might be a pain to tear open the wrap after you received them :laughing:

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #942 of 4,538
You can clearly pinpoint where the sounds are coming from, it's really great. My doubt is: it was recorded so that you can pinpoint them on any set of cans right?

As long as the imagining on the headphones is good, yes, it's really in the recording I think. Listening to it now with Philips SHL3300 headphones and it sounds sublime.

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #943 of 4,538
I've read that the 2.5mm jack on the Pro 82 headphones is balanced capable - ground is separated for L and R, so a four pole TRRS cable could be used to a balanced amplifier to drive the headphones (I have an Onkyo DAP with a 2.5mm TRRS balanced output as an option). Has anyone tried the Pro 82 with a balanced cable and balanced amp yet? Anyone know of a source for an affordable 2.5mm to 2.5mm TRRS headphone cable?

I'm interested to know if anyone had tried this as well. Can the Pro 82 be used in a balanced DAP.

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #944 of 4,538
Although, it might be a pain to tear open the wrap after you received them :laughing:
It is :sweat_smile:. I received Pro 82 from Takstar Audio Store in my office. I didn't want to use paper cutter fearing I might damage retail box so I started removing the tape one by one. It took more than 10 minutes to get to the headphones and the sound of removing tape made my colleagues ask me what the hell I was doing :sweat:

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #945 of 4,538
It is :sweat_smile:. I received Pro 82 from Takstar Audio Store in my office. I didn't want to use paper cutter fearing I might damage retail box so I started removing the tape one by one. It took more than 10 minutes to get to the headphones and the sound of removing tape made my colleagues ask me what the hell I was doing :sweat:

LOL, congrats on the receipt of your new Pro 82! :) Was the tape removal sound interfering with your co-workers' zen? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back