Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 9, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #916 of 4,538
Adding any foreign body in the cups will screw up the sound, and that's even before you take RFI/EMI caused by BT.

But if we really consider it carefully, there's already a 2.5mm jack inside the left cup and I can't notice a difference with that. The size of modern bluetooth modules would be fairly inconsequential within the cup (to my ears at least). Also the RFI/EMI interference would be next to nothing if using in wireless mode, the wires within the headphones themselves would barely pick up any of this interference. And if they did it could be tested from outside before a full installation.

My question was mostly pertaining to the removal of the earpads as it would be a shame to ruin them as they are the best I have ever used.

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #917 of 4,538
Yeah, I already bought all three, the foam (the round one), iDEA and O2, because of you (I blame you for wasting my money on all 4 of them XD).
With the Mojo I think I prefer the oval one. At least the thin oval one that I got was the most porous among all and the less prone to affect the well-controlled bass response from the Mojo.

Jan 10, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #919 of 4,538
At the end of last year I got enlightened, touched by God or something and got myself first headphones other than some cheap earbuds - the HyperX Cloud (connected to onboard audio). As a lo-fi jazzhop chillout, rock lover and a gamer I started to hear completely new sounds, it was brilliant (especially in W10 with Atmos and Windows Sonic now built-in). But after listening 1-2 hours my head felt like it was going to explode and let's face it, they look ugly :O].

I ended up here reading how Pro 82 is much better than Pro 80. Thus I ordered the Pro 82 about a week ago from the already mentioned Music HuHu Store for $ 60.88 (including the case + got coupon). There are already few 5 stars reviews so it looks it could be legit :O] (official Takstar shop doesn't ship to my country and to my understanding the shipping would be expensive anyway).
Prepared to order the SMSL Idea I did some digging and got the impression that Sabaj Da2 is practically the same with exactly the same board and flaws but is cheaper (got it for $ 69.78, ordered to EU from Germany = including tax) so I hope that is indeed the case :O]. I'll use it as dac/amp to get used to it before buying something else (maybe the O2 amp) to fully appreciate it.

Will post some noob/gamer impressions when i get it though I have only Xiaomi Piston 3 (the "bulkier" version) to compare it to ;O].

Jan 10, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #921 of 4,538
New pro82 user here! They are as good as everyone said here. The sound is great, even when you have the "bass reflex" close. Great isolation and they feel really, really confortable. 100% recommended

Got them on Aliexpress from MH Recording Music Store for 60$ with manual, a bag and 1.6m cable. No hardcase, but it´s ok with me. After contacting seller, he told me they have hundreds of stock for pro82 headphones (seems to be true because a lot of buyers are leaving positive reviews). So I think its a good option.

Thanks for your advice. Now I´m looking for a Dac/Amp. I´ll check your recommendations :wink:

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #922 of 4,538
Just wanted to mention that while I almost always use these with the bass ports completely closed now, I find it sounds very pleasant with the slider open one position as well. It loses only a little on clarity to my ears and adds some heft to the sound which is very pleasing.

Jan 10, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #923 of 4,538
New pro82 user here! They are as good as everyone said here. The sound is great, even when you have the "bass reflex" close. Great isolation and they feel really, really confortable. 100% recommended
Welcome to the club!

Got them on Aliexpress from MH Recording Music Store for 60$ with manual, a bag and 1.6m cable. No hardcase, but it´s ok with me.

Careful with buying Pro 82 without the case from this seller, they don't always do a great packing job:
upload_2018-1-10_20-44-54.png

After contacting seller, he told me they have hundreds of stock for pro82 headphones (seems to be true because a lot of buyers are leaving positive reviews). So I think its a good option.
All the stores other than TakstarAudio have very low actual stock or none at all - they rely on sourcing the headphones from the factory after you place an order.
Some seller lists stock of 2000 - this is ridiculous, even the factory store has only 136 at the moment.
Just like many other sellers last year, "MH Recording Music Store" was shipping Pro 82 on time while they could get them from the factory, but as soon as the factory ran out of stock, they kept "selling" Pro 82 when even the factory store didn't have any:
upload_2018-1-10_21-0-27.png

upload_2018-1-10_21-1-1.png

upload_2018-1-10_21-1-58.png

upload_2018-1-10_21-3-3.png

They have somehow cleaned these feedbacks from the item's listing, but you can still see them in the store's feedback page:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/fe....12010608.0.0.2b26cc22GsG9ug#rating-displayer
Just like with other stores selling cheap Pro 82, it's a crapshoot - you may get lucky and save a few bucks, and you may spend weeks/months waiting for the headphone that will never show up.
This is the only store with actual stock listed: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...g-K-song-game-stereo-headset/32808454492.html

It is unclear when the factory will make the next batch of Pro 82 - or even if it will keep making Pro 82 in the future - so keep that in mind, you may end up empty handed.

Thanks for your advice. Now I´m looking for a Dac/Amp. I´ll check your recommendations :wink:
You do that!

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #924 of 4,538
Hi, i'm considering getting a Pro82. I already have a Takstar HD6000 but i cannot see any direct comparisons between these two. Are they similar sounding headphones? What are the main differences regarding to sound? More or less bass on the Pro82? and the highs? By the way i find very useful the comparative with Fidelio X2 (very surprising too)

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #925 of 4,538
Impression with iDSD micro BL pair with Pro 82:

Great combo! It does open up the soundstage with 3D feature on the BL. It is resolving but without mod could cause some issues with the treble. The bass is tight and punchy. Vocal is the amazing especially with acoustic female song. I found that the Pro 82 could only scale so much especially when I compare the micro BL with my main setup. With both pair, the Pro 82 has a similar sound quality. I would say that my main setup provides a tad more micro detail and smoother treble. The case is different with my other cans, HD800, HD6XX and T90. With my main setup, they perform so well; a few levels above the micro BL. As I mentioned awhile ago, my setup is meant to be revolved around HD800. I am not surprised that the Pro 82 could do better with different setup. I personally love the Pro 82 with micro BL as much as I love them with my main setup. My point is, if you want to achieve the most out of Pro 82, iDSD micro BL is one of them.

PS: I have a review unit of iDSD nano BL coming next week :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back