Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 24, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #646 of 4,538
I would easily pay over 500$ for Pro 84 - Pro 82 drivers/diaphragm in TH900MK2 cups with extra damping - without auditioning it first.
I am over the moon with mine as they are, tried the extra filters, stock for me all the way.

I like the sound stage as it is :)

Dec 24, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #647 of 4,538
Dec 24, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #648 of 4,538
Seems like a fair price :jecklinsmile:

Ooops. I put that 3 in by accident. Not $395 but $95. Best Offers accepted. I don't think it's an AliExpress issue. It's three different stores, and not just that they either didn't have them in stock and back ordered them hoping we'd just wait, they would not respond to emails for months. These sell fast and out of stock quickly I guess.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #649 of 4,538
Ooops. I put that 3 in by accident. Not $395 but $95. Best Offers accepted. I don't think it's an AliExpress issue. It's three different stores, and not just that they either didn't have them in stock and back ordered them hoping we'd just wait, they would not respond to emails for months. These sell fast and out of stock quickly I guess.
That three gave me a heart attack lol

Dec 24, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #650 of 4,538
Selling my brand new condition Takstar Pro82 here. Everything original included. Just got them from AliExpress last week after months of a struggle to get it.
You can check it out, at my EBay. Fixed Price, or, Best Offer, this is NOT an auction. Current price is: $95. I am also selling a Sony MDR-Z7, and EMU Teak.
Those are all listed here and you can see my perfect EBay history from this page too. EBay only for International. Join up or contact me to buy through here.
I have no choice but to sell these. I have a large enough collection, I will still have some left. An unexpected financial issue arose, and this is my only option.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/markdavid01

What would you consider for offers? I know there’s fees and what not but what are you thinking?

Dec 24, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #652 of 4,538
Many stores on Ali/Ebay/Amazon sell items that they don't have in stock, but think they can source them quickly.
It works for 99.99% of items, but Pro 82 has limited availability.
The stores that list Pro 82 aren't really trying to scam anyone, they just hope they can get their hands on merchandise in time.
You would have similar experience on Amazon/Ebay. Don't forget - all three are just platforms.

Aliexpress is relatively issue-free. I am buying a lot more from Ali than Amazon, yet in the past 6 months I had to contact support on both 2-3 times.

There are only 2 sure ways to buy Pro 82 - TakstarAudio store on Aliexpress (99.4% positive feedback, 43 five-star ratings for Pro 82 in the last 6 months) and Headphoniaks (for EU only).
When buying from any other store, it's a gamble. You can save a few $, or you can end up with no Pro 82 after weeks of waiting.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #653 of 4,538
Many stores on Ali/Ebay/Amazon sell items that they don't have in stock, but think they can source them quickly.
The stores that list Pro 82 aren't really trying to scam anyone, they just hope they can get their hands on merchandise in time.
You would have similar experience on Amazon/Ebay. Don't forget - all three are just platforms.

Aliexpress is relatively issue-free. I am buying a lot more from Ali than Amazon, yet in the past 6 months I had to contact support on both 2-3 times.

There are only 2 sure ways to buy Pro 82 - TakstarAudio store on Aliexpress (99.4% positive feedback, 43 five-star ratings for Pro 82 in the last 6 months) and Headphoniaks (for EU only).
When buying from any other store, it's a gamble. You can save a few $, or you can end up with no Pro 82 after weeks of waiting.
Is it worth taking the gamble on there? I would really
Be happy with these (I think) but would be pissed if they never showed up.

Dec 24, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #654 of 4,538
Is it worth taking the gamble on there? I would really
Be happy with these (I think) but would be pissed if they never showed up.
Not for me.
Saving 4-5$ max is just not worth the risk of not getting them at all.
TakstarAudio and Headphoniaks are the way to go.

Dec 24, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #655 of 4,538
I am over the moon with mine as they are, tried the extra filters, stock for me all the way.

I like the sound stage as it is :)
The soundstage on Pro 82 is great (especially for a closed HP), always perfectly appropriate for the performance.
I guess what I'm missing is "airiness". In some compositions on L300/TH900 I feel like I'm in the air, flying through the clouds.
In Pro 82 I stay in the performance venue - it is an "out-of-head" experience, but not "out-of-body" :jecklinsmile:

Dec 25, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #656 of 4,538
The soundstage on Pro 82 is great (especially for a closed HP), always perfectly appropriate for the performance.
I guess what I'm missing is "airiness". In some compositions on L300/TH900 I feel like I'm in the air, flying through the clouds.
In Pro 82 I stay in the performance venue - it is an "out-of-head" experience, but not "out-of-body" :jecklinsmile:
It been the other way round for me, i have never had a headphone that makes me close my eye's and get lost in the layers, falling into the depth of the stage :)

Dec 25, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #657 of 4,538

The Volermer store from which I bought mine, just opened another listing for pro 82 with only $63 price tag. It says they have 99 in stock. The have 3 listings with different prices. Seems too risky to buy from them..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back