Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 20, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #605 of 4,538
Hi there!
Got them already! They are in deed "special".
I think that the word i'll use to define them is "Clarity"! Dawmmm.. that clarity...
For now I've tried them direct from my Toshiba laptop, and then from my "Resonessence Labs Herus dac/amp", and they scale incredibly.
They were good without a Dac, but they're great with it.
They're also the lightest and most comfortable at the moment here although they make my ears really hot after some time. Guess this is because i'm more used to open cans which are far more breathable..
My main home headphones this year were the Takstar HI2050, Philips Fidelio L2, and the sennheiser hd600. Bought lately also the Fostex TP50 RP II (Massdrop edition) and they are all different headphones (better mids from the hd600, better lows from the L2, better highs from the fostex), but none of them can compete with the clarity and the "sound balance" of those Pro82.
I still think that HD600 have better mids (nothing can compete with HD600 mids), and the L2 have better lows and can pick more mid/low details than the Pro 82, but changing from one to the other is almost like opening a window and letting the air come in (dawm that clarity...).

I still have to test it with my Cayin i5 DAP and my desktop amp (Myriad Z40), but i don't believe it will sound worst there :ksc75smile:

This headphones are definitely winners!!

Dec 20, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #606 of 4,538
...I really am dying inside because my O2 is not gonna arrive before Christmas *sigh* and I'm not even sure it will arrive in 2017. I'm bitter at Deutsche Post atm.
I almost feel guilty for having two.
Almost...
upload_2017-12-21_2-44-58.png

On the plus side, the longer you wait, the sweeter it will be to listen to it.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #607 of 4,538
Just got mine today. Had an hour listening to them. Honestly, word can't describe how good this headphone is especially at 80 bucks! Are you kidding me! It's even better than some headphones at $500 price range. I am going write a full review on this headphone and spread the word. I am listening to this headphone in stock mode and will mod them after three days. What an amazing headphone :beyersmile:

my chain: Tidal Master > SU1 > Holo Spring Lvl 3 > ECP DSHA-0 Balanced out > Takstar Pro 82

The Pro 82 is not lacking at all while perfectly fit in the system. Seriously, can't imagine it could be this great at all.
This is a perfect example of what kind of a chain you should use with Pro 82 - give it a chain worthy of a 1700$ headphone, and it will sound like one.
Treat it like another 70$ headphone, and it will sound like a very good 70$ headphone.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #609 of 4,538
Nice to read everyone's impression of the 82. Definitely my best buy of 2017
It will be hard to beat in 2018 too - unless Takstar puts out a version of Pro 82 with slightly larger cups - for larger soundstage.

Dec 21, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #610 of 4,538
...My main home headphones this year were the Takstar HI2050, Philips Fidelio L2, and the sennheiser hd600. Bought lately also the Fostex TP50 RP II (Massdrop edition) and they are all different headphones (better mids from the hd600, better lows from the L2, better highs from the fostex), but none of them can compete with the clarity and the "sound balance" of those Pro82.
I still think that HD600 have better mids (nothing can compete with HD600 mids), and the L2 have better lows and can pick more mid/low details than the Pro 82, but changing from one to the other is almost like opening a window and letting the air come in (dawm that clarity...).

I am personally not a big fan of HD600's mids. Sure, it's the best part of HD600, but only because bass and treble are mediocre.
HD600's mids are too veiled for me. B8 has a mid-forward sound too, but with less veil.
You should definitely try the tuning foams with Pro 82 - they will help to accentuate mids (for a price of somewhat reduced clarity) - you may find optimal balance there.
Also my favorite combination (for Pro 82) of SMSL Idea + O2 warms the mids a little bit - with no reduction in clarity.

Tuning Pro 82 with easy mods

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #611 of 4,538
The black layer of cloth I think
This cloth is part of the pad, so you shouldn't remove it.
I put the tuning foams inside the pad (on top of the cloth) - it's easier and faster than removing the pads and re-attaching them.
Plus removing and re-attaching the pads may stretch them and affect the quality of the seal, having a negative effect on the sound.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #613 of 4,538
This cloth is part of the pad, so you shouldn't remove it.
I put the tuning foams inside the pad (on top of the cloth) - it's easier and faster than removing the pads and re-attaching them.
Plus removing and re-attaching the pads may stretch them and affect the quality of the seal, having a negative effect on the sound.

just installed the thin round foam an hour ago; the mids is improved while retaining the Pro 82 characteristics. I am not sure if the clarity is reduced but it is not in my case. The bass is a tad cleaner and the treble is less fatiguing; well, the headphone never harsh at all in the first place but I felt that my ears get hotter after an hour or two but the foam really helps in this case.

So far everything is just amazing except the imaging. It is kinda weird but it does have a decent wide soundstage but I have a hard time in point out where's the instrument were located. On the good side, that's what I do on reviewing a way more expensive headphone. Since I take that into account for this $72 headphone, show how good this headphone is. For that a price, it is an absolute no-brainer.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #614 of 4,538
So far everything is just amazing except the imaging..

The imaging is brilliant for me on the LDMK11 C3g tubes it is a big image with layered sounds that span wide and deep, vocals sing out in front of my face with instruments paining throughout the image, bettering all my other headphones.

Gaming is pin point imaging front, back up & down with the Astro mix amp Dolby digital.

Strange how we both hear this differently or it could be the amping / DSP

Dec 21, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #615 of 4,538
The imaging is brilliant for me on the LDMK11 C3g tubes it is a big image with layered sounds that span wide and deep, vocals sing out in front of my face with instruments paining throughout the image, bettering all my other headphones.

Gaming is pin point imaging front, back up & down with the Astro mix amp Dolby digital.

Strange how we both hear this differently or it could be the amping / DSP

I never use it for gaming as I am not a gamer. It definitely has a good layer between the singer and instrument but less so with different instruments. In a busy track, the instruments seems like they are in the same line on the stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back