Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 18, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #2,821 of 4,538
0D217290-6611-465F-9E5D-9F999D4EDE09.jpeg
5A048D00-3E08-4133-80C2-FC4F109D012F.jpeg
Previously i got the earmax balanced 2.5mm which is not working perfectly so i send it back and got other nicer 2.5mm balanced which also wont qork perfectly so I send to a local guy to check is due to wrong connection in the wiring now running fine.So seriously you need to tell seller what headphone you use or what connection you want.

Yes yes. Exactly.

The pro82’s connector is settled 1mm inside the body.
So even with the right TRRS wiring mapping,
some cable won’t go all the way down inside the headphone’s jack, because they are too stiff. Which lead to mis-connection and eventually some unwanted shortcut.

Jul 19, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #2,823 of 4,538
Looks like my Pro 82s are busted as the bass now rattles like crazy on one earcup. Cleaning them with an air duster fixed the rattle the first time, but after doing this a few times I can see the driver diaphragm has deformed... Any way to pop it back to its original shape? Hasn't happened to me with other headphones when I clean them this way...

Jul 20, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #2,824 of 4,538
Just tried the PRO 82 with the iBasso DC01, using the Earmax balanced cable, and I must say that it sound really bad. Everything sounds distant, muddy and hollow. Almost like it's wired out of phase. I'm currently waiting for iBasso to respond my message, and give me the DC01 2.5 socket pinout. I own two other Takstar models that are wired in balanced mode, the HD5800 and the HD6500, which seem to sound the same as the PRO 82 with the DC01.

Jul 20, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #2,825 of 4,538
Just tried the PRO 82 with the iBasso DC01, using the Earmax balanced cable, and I must say that it sound really bad. Everything sounds distant, muddy and hollow. Almost like it's wired out of phase. I'm currently waiting for iBasso to respond my message, and give me the DC01 2.5 socket pinout. I own two other Takstar models that are wired in balanced mode, the HD5800 and the HD6500, which seem to sound the same as the PRO 82 with the DC01.
I think earmax balanced cable is wired wrongly coz i previously also the same case as u. Then i send back and reorder another brand of balanced cable from other seller also same thing happen then i ask my local people to check is the inner wire connect wrongly.Firstly i encounter earmax why my right side like always sound quietly then i use poweramp try the left right mode then i found out both earmax and the other brand balanced cable is connected wrongly.Hope this help you.

Jul 20, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #2,826 of 4,538
If you look at @saebasan posts above, you'll see internally the wiring of the takstar is incorrect for handling balanced.

Either you have to have custom made cables or resolder the internal wiring of the takstar.

Jul 20, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #2,827 of 4,538
BC3A6401-CEE6-4D68-BC8F-34B8283633D8.jpeg
Yes, XLR8.

In kingdoms of blinds, the one-eyed are king.

It seems that on this model, Takstar has decided not to make use of the most common pinout in the recent Chi-Fi world for balanced cables.
Furthermore, they don’t sell it as a balanced headphone...
As it seems there is no standardization fixing the definitely what should the balanced pin order in regard of all... lacking that, it is now a joyfull mess of plenty flavor of balanced cable variations...
Personally, I don’t care, making my own, case by case.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #2,828 of 4,538
I don't quite understand what is the problem - the cable? The internal wiring?
I bought this cable https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32919156482.html and it works great.

For whose who don’t want to put their hands on it,
it seems that @BenF has found a working cable for the PRO 82.
Check it out.

At least it should be correct at the headphone side. For the DAC’ side of the force, you would better do your own verifications, as it can be different from one maker to another.

Good luck everyone

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #2,831 of 4,538
The wires inside the cable must go straight through, without any crosswiring from plug to plug, so the cable fits every headphone. I hope I get a response from iBasso soon, so I can resolder the PRO82 wiring according to the CD01 pinout.

Jul 21, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #2,832 of 4,538
The wires inside the cable must go straight through, without any crosswiring from plug to plug, so the cable fits every headphone. I hope I get a response from iBasso soon, so I can resolder the PRO82 wiring according to the CD01 pinout.

I see no indications iBasso isn’t following the 2.5mm balanced standard. Companies like FiiO illustrate that standard on their sites:

http://m.fiio.net/en/products/58

Jul 21, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #2,833 of 4,538
Mmmm :thinking:
Wrong statement. Or at least, not totally exact.
The wiring of TRRS jack does not differ depending on the jack size only.
If it was that simple, everybody would be happy.

For some reason, Takstar has chosen L+ R+ L- R- for its Pro 82’s 2.5mm TRRS jack.... (and surprisingly not the up mentioned R- R+ L+ L-, nor even the internal circuit board printed order L+L-R+R- which is really unlikely)

Despite Sony using its own L+ R+ R- L-, it seems that there is more flavors of wiring ... like this somewhat original L+ R+ L- R- ...

Some people here would eventually diy’ their homemade cables.
Somes may ask pros to make it for them.
Some others would buy their cable, crossing fingers and pray. Sometimes it works great, sometimes not. For sure, this is a total mess. Trying to buy the correct cable could be quite an hassle.
There are so much options, and no standardization.

Yeap, I can confirm it. I've soldered balanced cable for ES100 and the wiring is for Takstars L+R+L-R- and other side is in common A&K R-R+L+L-. Don't take that fat cable like I did If you want short one :)gXCY1miL1Yk.jpg

Jul 21, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #2,835 of 4,538
Aw man, I come back to the forum after awhile only to find that...I've been doing the Pro 82 wrong? I mean, I've been using this cable for four months with my Pro 82 and Topping DX7s and so far everything seems okay. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DWBJJ1T

And if I understand how balanced works...if it was wired wrong, wouldn't I be eating static or have damaged my amp and headphones by now?

Oh, I also used the NewFantasia 2.5 to 2.5mm balanced cable on my ES100 and no issues there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back