Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 1, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #2,386 of 4,538
Hello,i just got coolermaster mh751 the rebrand of pro 82 v2 but there is a thick foam in driver to probably have to remove it to,but im finding a channel unbalance in midrange,from 300 to 1.5k 1-1.5db and from 1.5k to 3.5k there is 2db-3db more to the left and making vocals sounding like coming from left side all time.Im trying to remove the pads to see why this is caused but im not finding a way there seems have some holes but idk how to remove it,and is "there glue in pads" or just holes or whatever i need to do to remove pads without ripping them or making them unavaiable to put back,really dont wanna return cause probably gona take a month or 2 till its back and they probably wont hear the 2-3db difference and bring the same product.Im not having this issue with Creative aurvana live 1 and my friend hyperx cloud 1 just to make sure and my earbuds,so its not my ears or the source.And it sound decent tight fast bass without being cold or very warm just right to my ears,midrange is very natyral and grainfree but a bit recessed compared to cal,and tremble is a bit veiled since the thick foam and its very good quality but lacks quantity,air is very good quality but agian misses quantity i can mess with eq but first channel imbalance in midrange priority.I cheked this https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/takstar-pro-82/ he fixed the channel imbalance by just opening it and closing the drivers.Anybody that helps i appreciate it alot.
that was becasue his driver was tightly screwed(screwdriver one, not the screwed up one) up from side compared to other in a fixed volume of air

sometime this fixes

and remove the foam bro

Jan 5, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #2,388 of 4,538
I'm planning to get these headphones for gaming but my onboard soundcard is not good I dont have much money to buy a good amp/dac but a budget one i might. Sorry for my english.
It's ok for gaming and easy to drive, but I bet you can get better deals for only gaming.

Jan 5, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #2,389 of 4,538
I've just received this small cable for Pro82 to use with ES100, fits well. https://aliexpress.com/item/Wireles...467.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.274233edcMYOL9
yk9hxIo3y6o.jpg
JQmcuifxQ88.jpg

Jan 6, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #2,391 of 4,538
I see. Can you recommend any?

These are great for gaming, I also use the Koss Porta pro for gaming they both have great imaging / staging for pin point sound using Dolby surround on an mixamp.
Both good gaming sets in my book.

Jan 23, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #2,393 of 4,538
Easy - buy another Pro 82 and Radsone ES100 to use it on the go.
This small device manages to deliver great SQ over Bluetooth, powering Pro 82 perfectly, with plenty of headroom.
It even delivers bass as great as a desktop amp would. You just have to configure ES100 (through its app) to use the "2x Current" mode for the 3.5mm output.

Listening to "AC/DC Live (Collector's Edition)" on Deezer through this combo right now - speechless...

Do you have EQ settings for this combo to share?

Jan 23, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #2,395 of 4,538
I'm trying to solder balanced cable for Pro82, it's so damn hard to do because 2.5mm plug is too small and there's 4 poles that are soooooooooooo close to each others. First 30cm of cable and 1 plug are ruined already :D I'm done for today, gonna try tomorrow.

Jan 23, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #2,396 of 4,538
I'm trying to solder balanced cable for Pro82, it's so damn hard to do because 2.5mm plug is too small and there's 4 poles that are soooooooooooo close to each others. First 30cm of cable and 1 plug are ruined already :D I'm done for today, gonna try tomorrow.
So is it confirmed that no such compatible cable exists on the market?, shame.

I have no devices with a balanced connection, but most people say it's the cleanest output. That Pro 82 come actually prepared to be used in balanced is very tempting...

Pro 82 have been proven to be quite revealing and balanced mode might be that little extra more to bring them even a small step further, increasing their already phenomenal performance-to-price ratio.

Please share your experience!

Jan 23, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #2,397 of 4,538
So is it confirmed that no such compatible cable exists on the market?, shame.

I have no devices with a balanced connection, but most people say it's the cleanest output. That Pro 82 come actually prepared to be used in balanced is very tempting...

Pro 82 have been proven to be quite revealing and balanced mode might be that little extra more to bring them even a small step further, increasing their already phenomenal performance-to-price ratio.

Please share your experience!
I don't believe such cable exists, gonna post when something happens.

Jan 23, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #2,398 of 4,538
Do you have EQ settings for this combo to share?
No EQ is needed, just set it to 2x current mode - sounded fantastic.
I wrote "sounded", because it crapped out on me this week - just 5 months after purchase...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back