Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 30, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #4,502 of 4,535
It's a bit more complicated. The most popular measurement is Frequency Response, but it only shows quantity, not quality.
Two headphones may have same bass curve, but the bass will sound very different.

There are other measurements that reflect quality: step response, impulse response, phase measurements.
Tyll Hertsens was one of the few reviewers that bothered to do such measurements, but he is long retired...
https://www.stereophile.com/content/innerfidelity-headphone-measurements-explained
1701206477415.jpeg
Yeah that's why I told him read measurements (all aspects) of a bass port mod vs stock. A bass port mod always gives a cleaner sound, due to less cup reverb and less pressure on the driver.

But an ASR troll like him won't know or hear a difference, since their mentality is totally different than that of a music listener.

Dec 1, 2023 at 3:51 AM Post #4,503 of 4,535
It's a bit more complicated. The most popular measurement is Frequency Response, but it only shows quantity, not quality.
Two headphones may have same bass curve, but the bass will sound very different.

There are other measurements that reflect quality: step response, impulse response, phase measurements.
Tyll Hertsens was one of the few reviewers that bothered to do such measurements, but he is long retired...
https://www.stereophile.com/content/innerfidelity-headphone-measurements-explained
Quality is a subjective term and carries different meanings to different people.

Yeah that's why I told him read measurements (all aspects) of a bass port mod vs stock. A bass port mod always gives a cleaner sound, due to less cup reverb and less pressure on the driver.

But an ASR troll like him won't know or hear a difference, since their mentality is totally different than that of a music listener.
"Mentality different than that of a music listener" sounds very stuck up thing to say.

Dec 4, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #4,505 of 4,535
These headphones sound pretty good with a fiio m11 plus dap. Nice and transparent

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #4,506 of 4,535
Anybody know where I can get some new pads from? I don’t want anything that will change the sound

Dec 4, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #4,507 of 4,535
These headphones sound pretty good with a fiio m11 plus dap. Nice and transparent
Good to know!

I see that you own some very nice closed headphones - Focal Stellia, Meze Liric, Fostex TH900, Oppo PM3, Sony MDR Z7, Ultrasone Signature pro, Audio Technica wp900... Nice collection!

Do you mind posting comparisons between Pro 82 and some of these?
BTW, do you have v1 or v2?

Dec 5, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #4,508 of 4,535
Good to know!

I see that you own some very nice closed headphones - Focal Stellia, Meze Liric, Fostex TH900, Oppo PM3, Sony MDR Z7, Ultrasone Signature pro, Audio Technica wp900... Nice collection!

Out of those, I've had the Oppo PM3. I haven't heard the Takstar, but I have heard the CAL.

Since you said you found the CAL veiled, you would absolutely despise the PM3. The CAL is bright compared to the PM3.

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #4,509 of 4,535
Good to know!

The pro 82 is probably better tuned than most of them. The stellia and liric beat it on technical resolution though. They all have something that they beat the takstar on but the takstar is a better all rounder than most of them

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #4,510 of 4,535
I believe that I have version 2 but I might be wrong. I might buy another to make sure I’m covered if this one breaks

Dec 21, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #4,512 of 4,535
Last edited:
Dec 21, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #4,513 of 4,535
Easiest check - check resistance
I wouldn't count on it. Impedance is rated plus/minus 15%, which is plus/minus 4 Ohms for the 26Ohms variant, and plus/minus 5Ohms for the 32Ohms variant, so they can definitely measure similarly. Plus, the v0.9/"night shift" variant can be based on v1 or v2 these days.
1703175963888.jpeg

The best way to tell a proper v2 from others is to measure its frequency response: https://www.minidsp.com/products/acoustic-measurement/ears-headphone-jig

Or you can just buy it From Takstar Audio and know for sure.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #4,514 of 4,535
I have just realized that Little Bear P10 has sold out everywhere...
That means that all three synergy combos for Pro 82 are unavailable now - 1) SMSL Idea/Sabaj DA2 + O2, 2) ELE EL-D01 + FIIO E6, 3) ELE EL-D01 + Little Bear P10.

The closest you can get to synergy now, is using FIIO BTR3K as the DAC/Amp (in high gain - super important), that is until it sells out too... I feel a little better about the future having bought four BTR3Ks :jecklinsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back