Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 6, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #3,766 of 4,538
It's hard to find a downgrade for a 17$ headphone :jecklinsmile:
Every review I read on these says they are either "good" or "great", but always with the condition "for the price"...
I would not argue with that assessment, its almost exactly how I describe my Monoprice. A great value rivaling or better than ATH M30 although, barely even reach ATH M50x standard and some where almost under ATH M40x-ish, but the Price! The Price! Is an ABSOLUTE WIN!
But aside pricing another factor should be something like personal liking and flavors. And I do see more of those flavors to my liking accompanied by some few that I don't in that Takstar. Then again why not having both like orange and apple. The Price is bargain for.

Dec 6, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #3,767 of 4,538
I have ordered the BTR3K from amazon UK to replace my syba sonic as I wanted to see what the hype was about but the takstars aren't 2.5mm to 2.5mm how will I connect them to the balanced port? Have I made the right decision if not I can cancel it? cheers :)
@BenF you know if its worth it or not mate? or should I stick with the syba sonic as it has a more powerful amp and dac? thanks

Dec 6, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #3,768 of 4,538
@BenF you know if its worth it or not mate? or should I stick with the syba sonic as it has a more powerful amp and dac? thanks
I use Pro 82 with BTR3K using the 3.5mm output , and love it.
If you don't want to invest in any of the synergy combos, it's the best cost/performance option out there.

Dec 7, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #3,769 of 4,538
I use Pro 82 with BTR3K using the 3.5mm output , and love it.
If you don't want to invest in any of the synergy combos, it's the best cost/performance option out there.

Hey BenF, What do you think of the K3? OR the K5 Pro? I just love the idea of having a volume knob on my desktop. The BTR3K is still my first choice, but only if there's not much of an improvement with the K3 or K5.

Dec 7, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #3,770 of 4,538
Hey BenF, What do you think of the K3? OR the K5 Pro? I just love the idea of having a volume knob on my desktop. The BTR3K is still my first choice, but only if there's not much of an improvement with the K3 or K5.
Don't have K3 or K5 Pro, so can't compare.

Dec 7, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #3,771 of 4,538
My GM200 arrived yesterday and they feel great, comfort is excellent and the sound is good, even if my on-board audio isn't good enough to drive it...
I also like it's design, not the colors though, I would definitely prefer a full black edition.

Unfortunately I think it's faulty, you say the mic is great but mine has a LOT of background noise and people also say it's difficult to hear me even when the mic volume is set to 100% +20dB. Also, sometimes the audio only comes from one side, so I have to plug it off and then in before it works as it should.

Good product, just bad luck from me I guess.

Dec 9, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #3,773 of 4,538
My GM200 arrived yesterday and they feel great, comfort is excellent and the sound is good, even if my on-board audio isn't good enough to drive it...
Welcome to the club!

I also like it's design, not the colors though, I would definitely prefer a full black edition.
I would prefer a more relaxed color scheme too.

Unfortunately I think it's faulty, you say the mic is great but mine has a LOT of background noise and people also say it's difficult to hear me even when the mic volume is set to 100% +20dB.
Could be that the microphone is faulty, but just in case - did you try another headphone with a microphone on the same on-board audio?

Also, sometimes the audio only comes from one side, so I have to plug it off and then in before it works as it should.

Good product, just bad luck from me I guess.
Which side of the cable do you need to pull out and plug back in? If it's the headphone end - this can happen when you don't plug it in all the way the first time, so the second channel doesn't make contact in the socket.

Dec 9, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #3,777 of 4,538
A mystery package has arrived... :thinking:

1607548771025.png

Dec 9, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #3,778 of 4,538
From my GM200 review (https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/takstar-gm200.23913/reviews):
"Bass is the region that makes all the difference from Pro 82 v2. Look at the FR below:
upload_2019-8-27_2-8-10.png

Down to 400Hz, GM200 and Pro 82 v2 are practically identical, but below that mark GM200 start following Fostex TH900 MK2 all the way down to 80Hz, where they do part ways.
However, even at 22Hz, you can see that GM200 has 6.2 more dBs of sub-bass over Pro 82, and TH900 has only 2.6dBs more than GM200

Mids and treble sound very similar on GM200 and Pro 82 - but the tonal balance of GM200 is warmer, shifting the timbre just a bit off - not by much though, it's still better than many much more expensive headphones.
The electrostat-like transparency of Pro 82 is slightly reduced on GM200 as well.

I would say that GM200 sounds closest to Sony Z1R - they both sound like a warmer version of Pro 82 with meatier bass.
GM200 would probably have the edge on bass control and timbre, while Z1R would definitely have wider soundstage - I don't have Z1R to A/B with me, have to rely on my notes and memory. "

So if you prefer bassier than neutral headphones, go for GM200.
If you prefer perfect tonality (especially if you can invest in a synergy combo), go for Pro 82.
If you are not sure what your preference is - go for Pro 82.

Merci beaucoup pour plus d'informations. J'ai commandé par un GM200. J'aime bass :)

Dec 9, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #3,780 of 4,538
Hey @BenF ,

I just started noticing that when I have the BTR3K set to max, or close to max volume, I get quite a bit of noise or static sound when it's playing sound. This is more noticeable when streaming music as the static lasts longer after pausing it, but its still there even when I listen to downloaded music, just only when its playing.

It's not unique to my PC as I've tried with another computer and it still has the noise. Different recordings and streaming sites too.

I've tried resetting and disconnecting bluetooth and it's still there.

Is this normal? I don't notice any noise when it's set to a normal listening volume, but maybe I just can't hear it as distinctly and it's still affecting the sound. Could it be the cable? I'd have to find another usb-c cable to use, as the one for my phone doesn't work with it. Maybe it's the v1.3 Firmware? Not sure if it was present before I updated, but It could've been.

EDIT: Removed the part about it only being with USB, it's still there with bluetooth too. Oh and just to be clear, it's only with the BTR3K, the other DAC and motherboard audio don't have it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back