Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 29, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #3,736 of 4,538
Yes i know that hard to drive doesn't mean that the headphones are better, it was just a curiosity that i had (if the p10 would have been able to drive others headphones more demanding).
So do you think that the synergy combo(p10+el-d01) is better than the fx x6 mk II?
Synergy is always better than non-synergy.

Does the p10 with lusya dac ( SA9023A + ES9018K2M ) would be a synergy combo?
Lusya DAC has no synergy with P10, it's way too warm. EL-D01 is is as cold as your ex's heart.

Is there any other dac that i can accompany with the p10? Because the el-d01 is not so easy to find.
I am not aware of any such DAC.
You can buy EL-D01 here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32846934366.html

Nov 29, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #3,737 of 4,538
Nov 29, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #3,739 of 4,538
Hey BenF, this is the first time I look up into this thread since i have pro 82, and oh boy I'm not into good news already. I kinda forget where i got my 82 and that scared me out hahaha.

You said that there's 82 variant that failed QC and sells at lower price. Can it be just earpads problem, I look at your frequency response v1 vs v0.9 and I see the resemblance with diyheaven testing with bad sealing: diyheaven pro82

seal.png

diyheaven testing with bad seal scenario.

10356733.png

your test in 0.9

I suspect this because I read the comment about people who get the 0.9 is buying a cheap version without a box and the seller has bad shipping method. My theory is they probably the same product but with a slightly broken pad because of the shipping (because there minimal protection) or probably bad QC.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #3,740 of 4,538
It works with Bluetooth headphones, so should work with Bluetooth adapters too: https://hometheateracademy.com/does-dolby-atmos-work-with-bluetooth-headphones/

Hey BenF, when using the BTR3K with the Takstar Pro 82 connected to it on the PC, do the "Spatial sound" tab under the FiiO BTR3K 'properties' becomes available?

Also, if I purchase the Shade instead, will it be okay to pair it with a budget friendly amp/dac like the BTR3K or the FX Audio DAC X6? I don't mind the mic on the Shade since I don't really use the mic.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #3,741 of 4,538
Hey BenF, when using the BTR3K with the Takstar Pro 82 connected to it on the PC, do the "Spatial sound" tab under the FiiO BTR3K 'properties' becomes available?
Yes it does:
1606732990370.png

Also, if I purchase the Shade instead, will it be okay to pair it with a budget friendly amp/dac like the BTR3K or the FX Audio DAC X6? I don't mind the mic on the Shade since I don't really use the mic.
GM200 works great with BTR3K.

Nov 30, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #3,743 of 4,538
So, now I have Little Bear P10 and EL-D01 too.

headf.jpg

Sounds great, but for now I can't really pinpoint a difference between this combo and my integrated audio (it seems that it was not that bad). Pretty sure Takstar Pro 82 just make a nice sound with any source. Probably I should do a blind test.

Also recently I fixed the cable for my v0.9 pair and the sound difference between v0.9 and v2 is quite noticeable - even when you disregard the balance problems. It seems that v0.9 is more rough with the treble, just like others said in this thread.

The only thing that is very annoying is that i have to turn it off after 3-4 hours :rage:
I'm just opening the window from time to time and the cold air cools it down a bit.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #3,744 of 4,538
So, now I have Little Bear P10 and EL-D01 too.

headf.jpg

Sounds great, but for now I can't really pinpoint a difference between this combo and my integrated audio (it seems that it was not that bad). Pretty sure Takstar Pro 82 just make a nice sound with any source. Probably I should do a blind test.

Also recently I fixed the cable for my v0.9 pair and the sound difference between v0.9 and v2 is quite noticeable - even when you disregard the balance problems. It seems that v0.9 is more rough with the treble, just like others said in this thread.
This combo won't break any detail retrieving records, so if that's what you are comparing - you may not see much difference.
Look in these 3 areas:
1) Bass quality and quantity - use high quality FLAC tracks to test bass - no integrated audio solution will give you the full body and impact that these 2 have.
Here are some tracks I recommend:
"Falling" by HAIM on the "Days are Gone" album - first 8 seconds
"Crystallize" by Lindsey Stirling on the "Lindsey Stirling" album - starting at 0:28
"Weatherstorm" by Craig Armstrong on the "The Space Between Us" album - starting at 0:58
Do not use youtube/streaming versions!
2) The vocal timbre and emotion. It is especially prominent in female voices, especially on emotional songs.
3) Overall presentation - "all forward" kind of presentation, where every part of the frequency range feels accentuated

It is a bad combo for heavy/speed metal - tubes are not good for that in general.

I'm just opening the window from time to time and the cold air cools it down a bit.
I don't think that a light breeze of cold air would cool down the internals of the tube sufficiently.

Nov 30, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #3,745 of 4,538
Hey BenF, this is the first time I look up into this thread since i have pro 82, and oh boy I'm not into good news already. I kinda forget where i got my 82 and that scared me out hahaha.

You said that there's 82 variant that failed QC and sells at lower price. Can it be just earpads problem, I look at your frequency response v1 vs v0.9 and I see the resemblance with diyheaven testing with bad sealing: diyheaven pro82

diyheaven testing with bad seal scenario.

10356733.png

your test in 0.9

I suspect this because I read the comment about people who get the 0.9 is buying a cheap version without a box and the seller has bad shipping method. My theory is they probably the same product but with a slightly broken pad because of the shipping (because there minimal protection) or probably bad QC.
It's not the broken seal.
In v0.9 graphs bass doesn't fall sharp under 60Hz - it slowly declines.
1606759115189.png

Look at that 4th bassy one - imagine having headphones with this this huge discrepancy in bass between the two sides!
And look at how different the 4kHz bottom is between the 4 drivers - two of them go much deeper than the other two.
And the bassy driver is louder than the other 3 starting at 3kHz and below.

BTW, did you notice that at that site's measurements the 4kHz bottom is actually at 5kHz? In all my measurements of v1/v0.9, 5kHz is the peak, which in their measurements moves to 6.5kHz. These measurements look like garbage to me, wouldn't pay much attention to them.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #3,746 of 4,538
Ok, so I am still deal hunting for this headphone. Maybe a little too long at this point. But, I am curious about Xiao Mi World Store's Takstar Pro 82. I see they used to fake ship, but besides that, they seem to have the V2 according to the latest image from their reviews. It seems they have the same number of damaged Takstar Pro 82s in their reviews as TakstarAudio. Meaning one each from what I found. So it looks like they are decent at shipping the headphones without destroying them.

They sell them for $7 less, which is not a miniscule amount, so I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with their reputation for sending bad units or other issues with them. I see a decent amount of people in this thread and reviews sometimes get faulty units with these headphones, but it is unclear to me if this is a result of the version they have, the store they bought it from, or just something that happens in general with this headphone.

I'd really rather avoid waiting maybe a month for a headphone that is faulty which I can't return without paying for shipping back. Almost makes me want to just keep these V1/0.9 from Amazon to avoid that potential outcome.
Frankly, I don't understand what you are trying to do. This is a $1000+ headphone, available in its best version to date for just 56.7$ (with the OEYU4DN9ST62 coupon code).
That's quite a bargain - take it from someone who bought and still owns at least seven $1000+ headphones.
Six out of seven of these headphones I bought after getting Pro 82, trying to move up in SQ - still no luck.

A store that is known to screw its customers, sells an unknown version for for 3.7$ cheaper - is it really worth it?
And they still have shipping issues:
1606766298007.png

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #3,747 of 4,538
Frankly, I don't understand what you are trying to do. This is a $1000+ headphone, available in its best version to date for just 56.7$ (with the OEYU4DN9ST62 coupon code).
That's quite a bargain - take it from someone who bought and still owns at least seven $1000+ headphones.
Six out of seven of these headphones I bought after getting Pro 82, trying to move up in SQ - still no luck.

A store that is known to screw its customers, sells an unknown version for for 3.7$ cheaper - is it really worth it?
And they still have shipping issues:
Oh I'm sorry about that, I didn't notice those more recent negative reviews for some reason. I'll stick with TakstarAudio then.

Just to clarify about the AMP/DAC's, if I don't want to get the p10 because of its heating limitations, the only available real 'synergy' for these headphones requires the O2 right? That would put it out of my budget by a lot, so the FIIO BTR3K would be the next best thing, even if I don't need Bluetooth?

Thanks for all of your advice, and sorry again for being a little repetitive!

EDIT: Oh, and does aliexpress have anything special for these headphones for Cyber-Monday?

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #3,748 of 4,538
Oh I'm sorry about that, I didn't notice those more recent negative reviews for some reason. I'll stick with TakstarAudio then.
:thumbsup:

Just to clarify about the AMP/DAC's, if I don't want to get the p10 because of its heating limitations, the only available real 'synergy' for these headphones requires the O2 right? That would put it out of my budget by a lot, so the FIIO BTR3K would be the next best thing, even if I don't need Bluetooth?
BTR3K is the next best thing to having a synergy combo, regardless of Bluetooth.

Thanks for all of your advice, and sorry again for being a little repetitive!
No problem, happy to help!

EDIT: Oh, and does aliexpress have anything special for these headphones for Cyber-Monday?
After Cyber Monday the price is expected go back to normal 63.89$ - so use the opportunity now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back