Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 20, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #1,803 of 4,574
Here are measurements of Black #1 - one of the first Pro 82s ever sold in the first batch.
Haven't been used for the last 2.5 months, heavily used for 9 months before that.

upload_2018-4-20_19-14-25.png

upload_2018-4-20_19-15-8.png

upload_2018-4-20_19-15-50.png

Measurements are very similar to Silver #1, looks like the first batch had the same tuning throughout:
upload_2018-4-20_19-17-28.png

Here are the 4 measured so far:
upload_2018-4-20_19-26-36.png

One more to go (from the second batch).

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-20_19-14-51.png
    upload_2018-4-20_19-14-51.png
    246.4 KB · Views: 0
  • upload_2018-4-20_19-24-18.png
    upload_2018-4-20_19-24-18.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #1,804 of 4,574
Hey!
@BenF Thanks to this thread I have been looking for a replacement of my Sennheiser HD 595 and found them here!
Received this week my Silver Takstars Pro82 and amazed at them! Amazing sound, pretty easy to drive!

I'm now looking for some help in finding a replacement cable for it around Europe, that can fit my mobile with cover. I can only plug them with the original cable if I take of the phone cover (S7 Edge).

Anyone got any good recommendations? Doesn't need to be a gigantic cable or anything.
Regards.

Apr 20, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #1,805 of 4,574
Hey!
@BenF Thanks to this thread I have been looking for a replacement of my Sennheiser HD 595 and found them here!
Received this week my Silver Takstars Pro82 and amazed at them! Amazing sound, pretty easy to drive!

I'm now looking for some help in finding a replacement cable for it around Europe, that can fit my mobile with cover. I can only plug them with the original cable if I take of the phone cover (S7 Edge).

Anyone got any good recommendations? Doesn't need to be a gigantic cable or anything.
Regards.
You are welcome!
I have the same problem with my HTC 10 case, resolved it by using this short extension cable - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LBS...io-Jack-Extender-Adapter-for/32775554752.html
It's cheap, and solves the problem for all the headphones I own.

Please post more detailed impressions/review in a few days, when you'll get more accustomed to Pro 82.

P.S. Aren't those sliver Pro 82 gorgeous?!

Apr 21, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #1,806 of 4,574
Thanks for the suggestion! I wanted to order from China as a last resort as it can take up to 2 months. I wanted to get something from Europe. I might get a converter from Amazon and be done with it.

I've ordered the headphones from http://headphoniaks.com as per your recommendation! Totally worth it! They arrived within 2 days.

Indeed the silver pro 82 are gorgeous. I tried to run away from the all the same old black.

These are also my first closed can style headphones. When putting them for the first time 2 things came to mind imediatelly:
Comfort and the kinda like an isolation sensation in your hears!

Sound wise, they are very easy to drive, from both the work laptop and the S7 Edge. I haven't yet put them to the real test as I've been using them at work mostly, even though the co workers have already told me that there appears to be no sound leakage at all.
I foresee happy times in my commute with these headphones thanks to barely being able to listen to external sounds and the mega comfort sensation from them.

I only need to get my hands in either a new cable or a converter asap to be able to use it with the cover.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #1,807 of 4,574
Thanks for the suggestion! I wanted to order from China as a last resort as it can take up to 2 months. I wanted to get something from Europe. I might get a converter from Amazon and be done with it.
Here is a similar cable on Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/KiWiBiRD-Extender-Headphone-Extension-Adapter/dp/B01BXJ10XM/

Sound wise, they are very easy to drive, from both the work laptop and the S7 Edge.
If you love it from your laptop and smartphone, you will probably like it even more with a proper setup. SMSL Idea is a great place to start: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SMS...OS-SABRE9018Q2C-DSD512-32Bit/32809153098.html
See the first post for details on a Head-FI discount - 78$.

Apr 21, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #1,808 of 4,574
I'm actually pretty happy with how it sounds as is! But I want to get a dac and amp for home usage. Maybe if I get addicted something for portable use afterwards.

Using them now as typing this and can only think... " I love closed cans..." Pink Floyd - Yet Another Movie from the Delicate Sound of Thunder album sounds like a whole new song.

Got all set with an order of adapters and a few cables from Amazon :) Will be here during the next week.

Apr 22, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #1,809 of 4,574
I'm actually pretty happy with how it sounds as is! But I want to get a dac and amp for home usage. Maybe if I get addicted something for portable use afterwards.

Using them now as typing this and can only think... " I love closed cans..." Pink Floyd - Yet Another Movie from the Delicate Sound of Thunder album sounds like a whole new song.

Got all set with an order of adapters and a few cables from Amazon :) Will be here during the next week.
Don't underestimate SMSL Idea - I use it in both portable and desk setups, it is a great option for Pro 82 regardless of its low price - I use instead of much more expensive options I have : Oppo HA-2, Oppo-HA2SE, GO V2, GO 1000, NFB-11.32 etc.
The only difference between my portable and desk setups, is that I use O2 as an AMP, making Idea function only as a DAC. O2 helps to squeeze out the remaining 1-2% of SQ that Idea's amp simply can't provide.

upload_2018-4-22_18-39-45.png

There is a secret (don't tell anyone!) how to get the best sound of SMSL Idea without an external amp - max its physical volume, and use the source to manage the volume. Makes a BIG difference in my portable setup.

Apr 22, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #1,810 of 4,574
Pretty interesting setup you have there!
I was looking at some other SMSL stuff for desktop... But maybe you are totally right.
I can use the idea as a DAC on the desktop and take it out for mobile usage.

Also advantages, no more cable messes, no more hassle. I'll really consider this.

Just need to find a place from europe to order the idea, from aliexpress or other places in china, customs and taxes kill me here!

Thanks!

Apr 22, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #1,811 of 4,574
I was looking at some other SMSL stuff for desktop... But maybe you are totally right.

Also advantages, no more cable messes, no more hassle. I'll really consider this.

Just need to find a place from europe to order the idea, from aliexpress or other places in china, customs and taxes kill me here!

Thanks!
If you're on the budget you can buy the Sabaj Da2 instead, it's identical to the SMSL idea but a bit cheaper. My experience with the Sabaj has been good so far.

SMSL idea is known to have compatibility issue with android phones. When you plug it to a phone it will make buzzing noise. The fix is to play music first, then plug the idea.

I've found another fix, which is by installing Neutron music player. This player can recognize the idea at the moment you plug it and stops it from making noise, even before you open the Neutron app

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #1,812 of 4,574

Thanks!
There is SMSL Idea on Amazon UK, but it's a lot more expensive.
If you'll write a comment asking to put a lower value while ordering, TakstarAudio (and most Ali stores) will put that value on the package - no customs/taxes!

Apr 23, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #1,813 of 4,574
Was also looking at the sabaj2.

Believe me that paying 20 more euros on amazon or a bit more makes total difference.
First it arrives within days.
Second it will NEVER stop in customs. From China, if the package stops in Portuguese customs, you can add 2/3/4 or more weeks to the process. And then they don't care if the vendor puts different values in the package. People getting gifts get taxed. They go into the websites, they investigate it and assign a value to it. So 23% tax, specific product tax (depends on the categorization of the product) and customs fees are to be added to the value of the package... It's a mess.

I'll let you know when i make a decision on what to get and from where. So far, just enjoying them as they are! Perfect!!! :)

Apr 23, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #1,814 of 4,574
I'm between the following trio: LyxPro has-30/Marantz MPH-2, Bosshifi/kinden/sigva b8 or Takstar Pro 82, i can find some feedback on the takstar but not much on the other's, audio quality is pretty much the main thing for me.

Apr 24, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #1,815 of 4,574
I'm between the following trio: LyxPro has-30/Marantz MPH-2, Bosshifi/kinden/sigva b8 or Takstar Pro 82, i can find some feedback on the takstar but not much on the other's, audio quality is pretty much the main thing for me.
If you've come to this thread... maybe you already know the answer? :wink:

Just a quick warning, regarding the B8: As far as I know, the BossHifi and Kinden versions are not the same, the sound signature is different (the latter being much bassier). This was at least comparing the chinese BossHifi B8 to the Kinden B8 that could be found on Amazon DE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back