Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 6, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #1,579 of 4,577
Just got mine in less than 2 weeks from Original Brands Market @Aliexpress. They are so much better to me than Brainwavz HM5 that I don't understand that one can compare them to the Pro 82s :) Clean, crisp, deep. And that's out the box ! And with 26Ohm DAC is almost optional, sound is decent from my S7 (although not as nice as with a proper amplifier for sure).
The deal of the year is there though: https://www.tomtop.com/p-i3156b.html 50€ shipped with the nice case!

Is that reliable in terms of getting an original product? I got them at 65 from takstar ali more or less, but got added 25 in tax... :'( Could have gotten them for the same price without delay from headphoniaks (spain)

Mar 6, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #1,580 of 4,577
So after a 10 day ship time from alliexpress (The official unofficial Takstar store), I received them in the mail today. I bought the black ones without the hard box, it ended up being the "new" version (Black box, 1.6m cable, came with 1/4" adapter which is nice. Very well packaged/protected)

My chain as you guys call it: PC > Micca Origen G2 > Pro 82

I game 75% of the time and listen to music 25% of the time through headphones. I have the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX hooked up and mostly listen to my music through those, and they are awesome.

I'm pretty new to the headphone game, so that being said I only have the HyperX Cloud 2's to compare it to. (I don't count my Turtle beach X12 / Polk 4 shot gaming headsets cause they are terrible)
So my terminology is lurker level at best, but I'll review the 82's the best I can.

Bass: So for music I liked setting 1 the best. Less bass than the hyperx but more controlled. No glasses and my hair is 1/4-1/2 inch on the sides so the seal is great and the bass benefits from it. Setting 2 sounded decent also on some rock-centric tracks. Setting 3 is a muddled mess that for me ruins everything that makes this headphone great.
Mids: Sounded about the same to my untrained ears
Highs: Oh my, the detail was awesome. The hyperx doesn't even compete. Hearing the little cymbal taps nice and clear even while all the other instruments were going really does it for me.

Gaming: This is where the differences actually matter to me. With the HyperX, if an enemy was above you to the left or behind you to the left they sounded the same. Nothing like getting shot because you turned the wrong way. The Pro82's have excellent positioning that was noticeable to me right away. Footsteps were clear as day and hard to miss, I could tell when they were on a ledge above me or behind. Still had a good punch on explosions.

Comfort: The Hyperx are comfortable, but the Pro82's...they have softer pads, lighter clamp...its like being hugged by your celebrity crush. And I actually have to push the cans to my head 1/4 inch in order for the inner fabric to touch my ears.

First song I listened to with the Pro82's: Volbeat - Let it Burn -
Followed by You raise me up from the Secret Garden soundtrack.

Mar 7, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #1,582 of 4,577
Just got mine in less than 2 weeks from Original Brands Market @Aliexpress. They are so much better to me than Brainwavz HM5 that I don't understand that one can compare them to the Pro 82s :) Clean, crisp, deep. And that's out the box ! And with 26Ohm DAC is almost optional, sound is decent from my S7 (although not as nice as with a proper amplifier for sure).
The deal of the year is there though: https://www.tomtop.com/p-i3156b.html 50€ shipped with the nice case!
Tomtop keeps selling the silver version, even though the factory ran out of stock weeks ago. Unless they are making their own Pro 82s, I don't see how they can do that.
In fact, now that the factory ran out of both colors, I would really recommend asking for a picture of their stock before ordering from them.

Mar 7, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #1,583 of 4,577
Is that reliable in terms of getting an original product? I got them at 65 from takstar ali more or less, but got added 25 in tax... :'( Could have gotten them for the same price without delay from headphoniaks (spain)
Ordered the black ones without box: got the new edition with short cable, along with the attached sticker; if it's a fake, it probably sounds as good as the original one :D
signal-2018-03-07-075349.jpeg

Mar 7, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #1,586 of 4,577
Personally, I don’t feel that mine is a fake, just the older version. The length of the cable seems to give it away but actually, the drivers are quite different.

Fakes generally don’t sound that great because they really skimp on what they use. Purpose being to make a lot of profit rather than a decent sound. A decent sound could happen by accident though ....

Solderdude feels that they are close with the newer one being slightly more refined. He felt (I think) that the cup shape has more effect on moulding the sound which accounts for their similarities.

I’m very pleased with the sound of mine, whatever it is!

Btw, I contacted Takstar concerning the internet return and they never got back. My return told me that I had an old number although I should contact them. I did, but they haven’t said a thing!!

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #1,590 of 4,577
20180308_225704.jpg

I compared the Pro 82 to the DT770 a bit. The Pro82 has nothing on it. 770 has better bass slam, texture, clearer mids, more treble detail, better imaging, better soundstage.

The pro 82 might have a slighter better darker backdrop, the DT770 has a bit of a bright background.

In some cases the Beyerdynamic might only be 30-60 bucks more. But well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back