Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 5, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #856 of 4,538
If you've made sure that both ends of the cable are fully inserted, don't take any chances and arrange an immediate replacement - while it's in stock.

Thanks but i got it for free because first time there wasnt any in stock. Today i tried a diffrent cable but no luck -.-. Is there any chance to repair it or is it junk?

Jan 5, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #858 of 4,538
How sensitive is pro82 to impedance mismatch of The amplifier output? My amp has output impedance around 9. I't Works perfectly with 64ohm headphones and most 32ohms too. Most of The Time importance of damping Factor is exaggerated imo but some headphones are More sensitive to it (Grado).

It's not too sensitive, sounds quite good out of Sabaj DA3, which is supposed to have 10 Ohm.
The real question is - is this amp a good fit for Pro 82?
Comparison of DACs/Amps

Jan 5, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #859 of 4,538
I have Sabaj Da3 which is basically same as SMSL Idea(i believe)
i bought takstar pro82 and i want to have it well amped,dacced..

Should i invest and buy ifi idsd nano BL or Fiio A5. I want to have a multi purpose amplificator.. i will 90% use on my PC but i wanna have the option to go somewhere with it for example..
My pc is high end good chip.

Ideas? Is nano BL too colored,warm and will not be appropiated to Pro82? Is fio a5 a good option since have no dac?

DA3 sounds a lot better than Idea as a DAC/amp with Pro 82, but I don't know if it will create synergy with O2 - will see next week.
DA3 seems to have an unstable firmware, but its SQ is somewhere between HA-2 and Idea.

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #860 of 4,538
Just noted that @ahmadfaizadnan's review made it to the front page!
That's pretty cool! :beerchug:
Ironic, I know :jecklinsmile:

I guess we are about to see a lot more activity in this thread, for good and for bad.

Thanks! :beerchug:

It is never my intention to over hype anything but I heard what I heard and it feels great when I get to share them with others.

I have Sabaj Da3 which is basically same as SMSL Idea(i believe)
i bought takstar pro82 and i want to have it well amped,dacced..

Should i invest and buy ifi idsd nano BL or Fiio A5. I want to have a multi purpose amplificator.. i will 90% use on my PC but i wanna have the option to go somewhere with it for example..
My pc is high end good chip.

Ideas? Is nano BL too colored,warm and will not be appropiated to Pro82? Is fio a5 a good option since have no dac?

I am in the iDSD nano BL and Aune B1s tour but not sure when will they arrive though. Will let everyone know about the pair later. In the mean time, I have the opportunity to try the Pro 82 with iDSD micro BL. Will leave some impression about it later.

Jan 5, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #862 of 4,538
Alright...Against my better judgement I shall order a pair and see for myself how they stack up against my M50X's and MDR1A's. I'll bet pounds to pence they come nowhere near my Focal Classics. And I guess if I'm left disappointed it has something to do with my "chain".

I hope the hype is real because if it's not and is just hype and confirmation bias I'm going to be pissed at you lot and if they are the hidden gem I shall eat humble pie and PayPal enough funds to BenF to buy a 6 pack of his choice of beer.

And when you put up your Fostex cans on eBay be sure to post a link.

Why all the negativity? You should always take user experiences with a grain of salt. Unless extensive a/b testing & measurements are done, there is no validation of the statements made.

For the price, just try it and report back about your experience. I’ll do the same.

I’m thankful to the people that took the time to report about their experience including the conparisons. They could have not invested their time doing that.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #864 of 4,538
firmware/driver issues was before last win10 update. sabaj da3 drivers are all fine now
it powers just the right amount of my dt990 250ohms.. maybe i need even more power.

Will it be the same on takstar 82? i plan on selling my dt990 for grab money

Even if i have very loud volume with only sabaj, will it improve if i put O2?
Isnt O2 like 15years old tech and there is nothing better these days?

Jan 5, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #866 of 4,538
Order placed! But after I made the order, I noticed that the OP has Baldoor earbuds mentioned in his signature...please don't let the Pro 82 be another meme in the making. At least it was only $75.
Are there memes about Baldoors? Where?
Baldoor/Mrice E100/E100A went through multiple silent revisions, if you didn't buy them quickly enough, you got the wrong revision.
There is a warning in the item's description: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/baldoor-earbell-e100-mk1.20132

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-6_3-27-51.png
    upload_2018-1-6_3-27-51.png
    186.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #867 of 4,538
Thanks but i got it for free because first time there wasnt any in stock. Today i tried a diffrent cable but no luck -.-. Is there any chance to repair it or is it junk?
So you got a refund and then a free Pro 82?
Getting this kind of SQ for 70$ is already too good to be true, getting it for 0$ would be breaking all kind of laws.

The problem is probably some detached contact, shouldn't be too hard to fix.
You can take the headphones into the nearest electronics repair shop.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #869 of 4,538
in a older post someone said that the 4 pole on the jack on the Trakstar is for a compatibility with balanced source, is that true?
It was mentioned that the 2.5mm mini-jack connector to the earcup is actually 4-pole. But who knows why...

I asked if anybody experimented with them in balanced mode but got no reply yet. Are you willing to try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back