Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 26, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #4,171 of 4,538
So, after one week with Little Bear P10 amp- 82 pro without pad`s.
Do you mean without the foam disks?

The sound is more voluminous and lasting. A little warmer and brighter, like tube sound should be.
:L3000:

The tube which came with P10 amp is not 12AU7... is little 6N5P.
Are you sure about this? Can you please post pictures of the tube and the amp?
What value the "Tube Selector" is set to?

If I connect p10 to my power amp, I hear faint clicks in any input/ output volume setting, but sound is good ...
That shouldn't happen. Either the tube is bad, or there is a ground loop.
I connect P10 to my electrostatic amps - perfectly silent, at least during the music.

Dec 27, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #4,172 of 4,538
Do you mean without the foam disks?
Right
Are you sure about this? Can you please post pictures of the tube and the amp?
What value the "Tube Selector" is set to
yes, "Tube Selector" in 6 series . (I'll make a new one picture today when come back to my home :) )
20211224_113746.jpg

Screenshot_20211227-071603_AliExpress.jpg

That shouldn't happen. Either the tube is bad, or there is a ground loop.
I connect P10 to my electrostatic amps - perfectly silent, at least during the music.

I will check it soon. Strange bat in the headphones do not have this effect at all.
Perhaps it interference from the power amp case or from power supply p10...

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #4,173 of 4,538
Right

yes, "Tube Selector" in 6 series . (I'll make a new one picture today when come back to my home :) )
20211224_113746.jpg
Screenshot_20211227-071603_AliExpress.jpg

I will check it soon. Strange bat in the headphones do not have this effect at all.
Perhaps it interference from the power amp case or from power supply p10...
1640624483497.png

I guess you didn't buy it at the link I have provided: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32882901310.html
It says:
1640624527511.png

It's always best to buy from the same stores I buy from - otherwise we may have very different experiences.

Dec 28, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #4,175 of 4,538
Correct , I bought amp in Little-Bear Audio store.
After physical checking the bulb is- 6N11 J (WVT-6N11 ) Chinese Military Grade from Beijing,
Main purpose: low-noise high-frequency power amplifier.

e7.jpgHTB1j.JPG
20211227_204056.jpg20211227_204836.jpg
You may want to buy the Shuguang 12AU7 tube separately, to make sure you retain the synergy.
Better not buy 12AU7 from another manufacturer, as that may affect the synergy too.

Dec 29, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #4,177 of 4,538
Yes, I will try :). Shuguang releases 2 versions of this tubes. On P10 installed a cheaper one (1), right?

1-s-l500O.jpg 2- HTB1jG.jpg
Yes, it is the cheaper one. The other one costs nearly as much as P10 :slight_smile:

Jan 4, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #4,179 of 4,538
Hi guys, I have been using them for two days. Noticeable distortion at low frequencies, the membrane on the right speaker looks like this. Purchased on aliexpress from TakstarAudio store. is this a defect?
m2bdpgn.png
What tracks are you using to test for distortion? What DAC/amp are you using?

Jan 6, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #4,180 of 4,538
Hey,
It's my debut here, so I hope I won't make you guys any trouble.

Since like hours, and hours, and hours of searching for the upgrade from my current ones Creative Sound Blaze I heard about Cooler Master MH751/752. That they are the best value for money in terms of sound quality. But then, on reddit someone was recommending Takstar's GM200. So, it was once again a battle of informations about "the best" one for the value/SQ.

So I luckily came across this site, and woah, this thread is like almost 5 years old and still going - Chapeau bas!

But to the point. Would like to state, that I don't have any DAC/AMP device, so we are looking at motherboard audio (Realtek ALC892). Of course in future I definitely would like to buy some external boost for headphones.

I'm really torned which one to choose.

I kinda do everything: mostly playing games, listening to the music, watching videos. But mainly playing games.
So, I wonder, if hear for example footsteps while playing FPS, will be significantly better on which one?

I'm kinda afraid of the "bassiest" GM200 than MH751/2. I do like bass in headphones, don't get me wrong. But reading previous posts keeps me in wonder, that GM's might be too powerful for my ears? I mean; the best solution for me would be, if someone who had/have Sound Blaze's, could compare my fears with the MH75x/GM200.

Of course - sound quality, do I tho would feel the difference with either MH/GM compare to my old Sound Blaze ones? I guess it would be a rhetorical question, but hey; better to ask, then cry later.

Oh, and loudness. Do they either are loud? I mean, I don't want to ruin my ears of course, but want to be sure, that they have enough power, to satisfy me in some terms while using them.

And lastly, this probably is the question to godfather of this thread - @BenF
I saw that you've picked other gaming Takstar's. Is the Rise/Splendor are on equal level with GM200's? Please do remember, that I'm not any audiophile, yet like to get decent sound nevertheless.

So sorry for such a long post, but I had to throw it out, to be 100% sure, that I make the right decisions here. Man, buying new headphones is such a hard thing. It's so subjective, but yet we seek for the help from the persons with knowledge. I like it a lot, could learn something from this lessons.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #4,181 of 4,538
Hey,
It's my debut here, so I hope I won't make you guys any trouble.
Welcome to the club!

I kinda do everything: mostly playing games, listening to the music, watching videos. But mainly playing games.
So, I wonder, if hearing for example footsteps while playing FPS, will be significantly better on which one?
GM200 is more transparent, so you should here quiet footsteps better on it.

I'm kinda afraid of the "bassiest" GM200 than MH751/2. I do like bass in headphones, but reading previous posts keeps me in wonder, that GM's might be too powerful for my ears?
GM200 and MH751 have the exact same quantity of bass - neither is bassier than the other.
GM200 has much better bass quality due to having the bass ports.

Oh, and loudness. Do they either are loud? I mean, I don't want to ruin my ears of course, but want to be sure, that they have enough power, to satisfy me in some terms while using them.
Both GM200 and MH751 should be sufficiently load with onboard solutions, they are easy to drive.

And lastly, this probably is the question to godfather of this thread - @BenF
I saw that you've picked other gaming Takstar's. Is the Rise/Splendor are on equal level with GM200's? Please do remember, that I'm not any audiophile, yet like to listen loud and clear.
I tried NOUS and FLIT, they are garbage compared to GM200.

So sorry for such a long post, but I had to throw it out, to be 100% sure, that I make the right decisions here. Man, buying new headphones is such a hard thing. It's so subjective, but yet we seek for the help from the persons with knowledge. I like it a lot, could learn something from this lessons.

Cheers!
That's why this thread exists - to help people make the right decisions.

Don't forget the coupons in the first post!

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #4,182 of 4,538
That's why this thread exists - to help people make the right decisions.
Thanks a lot!

One last thing, since GM200 don't have any software (or I didn't do my research quite good) for EQ, etc., what would you recommend to use on PC?

PS.
Since we have 2022, is there any successor for GM200's? Oh, and did you hear about Beyerdynamic MMX100/MMX150? They do sound promising, but are very limited to get in my country for sure. I wonder how they compare with Takstar's.

PS2.
What do you think about combining it with Dolby Atmos/DTS:X?

Cheers, and thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #4,183 of 4,538
One last thing, since GM200 don't have any software (or I didn't do my research quite good) for EQ, etc., what would you recommend to use on PC?
No need for EQ, but if you want to use one, you can try the Graphic Equalizer plugin in Foobar2000:
1641502520027.png

Since we have 2022, is there any successor for GM200's? Oh, and did you hear about Beyerdynamic MMX100/MMX150? They do sound promising, but are very limited to get in my country for sure. I wonder how they compare with Takstar's.
No successor that I know of.
Haven't listened to these Beyerdynamics.

What do you think about combining it with Dolby Atmos/DTS:X?
I have no experience with these technologies.

Cheers, and thanks!
Cheers!

Jan 24, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #4,184 of 4,538
hi, this is my first post but I have been visiting the forum for a while and I wanted help with a problem with my takstar 82 pro v2 that I bought in may last year from your aliexpress shop.
A few days ago I started to stop hearing one of the sides of the headphones, specifically where the cable is introduced, if I introduce the cable to the bottom only the right earphone is heard if I remove the cable almost completely the left is heard, I'm almost sure it is the cable because it seems to have a crack in the inside of the wiring, can you recommend any cheap aliexpress or amazon?

Jan 24, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #4,185 of 4,538
hi, this is my first post but I have been visiting the forum for a while and I wanted help with a problem with my takstar 82 pro v2 that I bought in may last year from your aliexpress shop.
A few days ago I started to stop hearing one of the sides of the headphones, specifically where the cable is introduced, if I introduce the cable to the bottom only the right earphone is heard if I remove the cable almost completely the left is heard, I'm almost sure it is the cable because it seems to have a crack in the inside of the wiring, can you recommend any cheap aliexpress or amazon?
It does sound like a cable issue, I had a similar problem :frowning2:
Here is a cable I like: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32810246600.html
It even has a microphone, so you can use it for calls/gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back