Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 22, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #2,776 of 4,535
Jun 22, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #2,778 of 4,535
Polsen arrived yesterday. Definitely a Pro 82 clone, aesthetics notwithstanding. Cable is different. Comfort is identical. Out of the box, appears to have a bit more treble, but that's an unfair comparison as the Pro 82 I listened to side by side has 50+ hours on it.

Cable and connectors that comes with the Polsen is better.

Packaging with the Takstar is considerably better. No travel/storage case with the Polsen, just substandard cardboard box.

Crappy pics below. Any images showing side-by-side comparisons will have the Pro 82 v2 on the left and Polsen on the right.

takstarvpolsen01.jpg

takstarvpolsen02.jpg

takstarvpolsen03.jpg

takstarvpolsen04.jpg

takstarvpolsen05.jpg

takstarvpolsen06.jpg

takstarvpolsen07.jpg

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #2,780 of 4,535
Well, if one wasn't informed and tried the clone in a store, you'd think it was a great headphone for $99 (assuming it sounds as good as a Pro 82 that is). They're just banking on people not knowing about the Takstars I assume.
Listening to these vs 200-300$ headphones may sure make them look like a great bargain, but the people may get pissed once they'll find out that an improved version can be had for less money :jecklinsmile:

Jun 23, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #2,781 of 4,535
Jun 23, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #2,783 of 4,535
I noticed these for sale on Walmart.com. Says they arrive in five days.Has anyone ordered these from there or shouldn't I trust it.Price is good $65
The lowest price I see is 70$:
upload_2019-6-24_6-3-13.png

Why pay more for an unknown version? Buy v2 for 52.5$ while you can (4 more hours).

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #2,784 of 4,535
I've noticed that TakstarAudio ran out of SMSL Idea, so I asked Ellie when it will be back in stock.
She said that SMSL factory doesn't make Idea anymore :astonished::anguished::angry:

I've checked the official SMSL store, and it seems to be running out of Idea too - only 10 red ones are left, other colors are already sold out.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32828992184.html

I don't know if SMSL will resume production of Idea, or if they will make something else in this form factor - and almost certainly ruin the synergy with O2 and Pro 82.
Those of you who don't have Idea yet, should consider buying it NOW, while you can.
It's 80.83$ (on mobile), and you can get 6$ off with Select Coupons, and then another 5$ or 10$ off with your Mid-year Sale coupons, bringing the price under 65$.

You can get a "5$ off 50$" coupon here: https://sale.aliexpress.com/__pc/2019Mid_YearSale1.htm
10307945.png

The 10$ coupon can be exchanged for coins in the app:

Even if you don't have O2, you can always get it later, or just use Idea alone.
And now SMSL Store sold out on Idea too...
And so did HiFi College Store..
This could be the end of the road for the Idea.

I bought another one myself - I have 2 O2s, so makes sense to have 2 Ideas :jecklinsmile:
Hopefully they had real stock, and it will ship soon.

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #2,785 of 4,535
And now SMSL Store sold out on Idea too...
And so did HiFi College Store..
This could be the end of the road for the Idea.

I bought another one myself - I have 2 O2s, so makes sense to have 2 Ideas :jecklinsmile:
Hopefully they had real stock, and it will ship soon.
Sabaj DA2 == Idea.

Jun 24, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #2,787 of 4,535

Sabaj Da2 in stock, sold by Sabaj Factory Store and Fulfilled by Amazon, Prime shipped, $75.19 ($79.99 - $4.80, 6% off coupon):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0719FMRKH/

BenF, why do you like AliExpress so much? My experiences with it in the USA have been very inconsistent, and that inconsistency tends to offset the cost savings buying via AliExpress in lots of cases (at least for me, since it generates anticipatory anxiety during the ordering fulfillment stages and when problems occur, additional anxiety and frustration). The reduced wait time, lack of language barriers, and straightforward customer service is easily worth $10 to me. (For people outside the USA I get it, AliExpress is going to be a great option for many.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 11.05.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 11.05.35 AM.png
    252.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #2,788 of 4,535
Sabaj Da2 in stock, sold by Sabaj Factory Store and Fulfilled by Amazon, Prime shipped, $75.19 ($79.99 - $4.80, 6% off coupon):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0719FMRKH/

BenF, why do you like AliExpress so much? My experiences with it in the USA have been very inconsistent, and that inconsistency tends to offset the cost savings buying via AliExpress in lots of cases (at least for me, since it generates anticipatory anxiety during the ordering fulfillment stages and when problems occur, additional anxiety and frustration). The reduced wait time, lack of language barriers, and straightforward customer service is easily worth $10 to me. (For people outside the USA I get it, AliExpress is going to be a great option for many.)
Most people on Head-Fi aren't from US, and even if they have a local version of Amazon (France, UK, Germany etc), stock and prices vary.
Even on Amazon.com, many Chi-Fi items that aren't part of Prime, are in fact shipping from China anyway.
That's also true for many "Japanese Import" items.

Aliexpress is the same for everyone, and shipping nowadays takes 1-3 weeks to most destinations - not too bad.
Sometimes I pay extra for DHL or Fedex IE, if I can't wait.

The funny thing is that sometimes the same item can be cheaper on Amazon (with Prime!) than on Aliexpress.
And you are right, even when it's 5$-10$ more expensive, it's still worth it.
But sometimes the price is much higher - e.g. Pro 82 is 82$ (after coupon) for v1 - https://www.amazon.com/ammoon-Professional-Headphone-Monitoring-Appreciation/dp/B0785T1KTR ,when you could have the better (for most people) v2 for 52.5$ during the Mid-Year Sale on Aliexpress.
Even now, it's still much cheaper, and it's v2!

Another thing I like about Aliexpress - the longer shipping actually helps me avoid many unnecessary purchases - I think to myself "Will I still want this in a couple of weeks?".
Prime is causing a lot of damage to my wallet with the near-immediate delivery.

Jun 24, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #2,790 of 4,535
Any obscure method to run them as a dual-mono DAC?
Please!!! :L3000:

There is no way to do it - you can play 2 DACs simultaneously (did it once, don't remember how), but the sound won't be fully synchronized.
Anyway, since Idea measures a -109.2dB of crosstalk in 24/96, you would never hear any improvement over these numbers.

24-96_Summary.png

http://archimago.blogspot.com/2017/05/measurements-smsl-idea-usb-dac.html
http://archimago.blogspot.com/2017/05/measurements-smsl-idea-usb-dac.html
If you are looking for extra transparency, SMSL IQ is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back