Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 20, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #2,311 of 4,538
Definitely going to get some of these. Anybody know if a dragonfly red with my iPod touch 6 will work well with these?

Nov 20, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #2,312 of 4,538
That is incorrect. Both black and silver colors are available in all versions. This whole thread started based on black color v1 of Pro 82.

Color of the box (v1 white, v2 black) and cable connector (v1 silver, v2 black) changed between versions, but colors of the headphone itself remained the same.
ohhh thanks...

but as i remember, takstar swapped almost all black as v2 and some silver are still left as v1....

Nov 20, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #2,313 of 4,538
Definitely going to get some of these. Anybody know if a dragonfly red with my iPod touch 6 will work well with these?
bro, get a fiio q1mk2. somewhat better bang for buck compared to dragonfly red.

Takstar actually are a good synergy with fiio q1mk2. the laid back sound of the new Takstar get some black space(different from headspace, it is actually distance between the instrument) and the treble becomes smooth but precise. not over and not under damped, it is critical damped.

Idea DAC gives better bass and quicker transiet while q1mk2 gives it relaxing and clean imaaging

audioquest is snake oil for me(even if it is sounding good)

always see the diagram of circuit and parts used.

i can get you many dac way cheaper and same sounding with the same chip and better warranty services compared to dragonfly

that is why i have benchmark DAC2 rather than PSB with femto clock, because i think PSB is snake oil and too much expensive.

Nov 21, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #2,314 of 4,538
Hi
Thanks it's good to save money! I've ordered the takstar off AliExpress takstar store. Now for the long wait!
I think I'll get the fiio. Apparently the idea dac drains the battery fast?

Nov 21, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #2,315 of 4,538
I've paid extra to get a faster delivery

Nov 21, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #2,316 of 4,538
To get the best from these is there a recommended cable or earpad change I should do?

Nov 21, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #2,317 of 4,538
Order fiio q1mk2 also

Nov 22, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #2,318 of 4,538
I dont understand how Pro 82 is supposed to beat HD 800 in transparency and timbre when even R70X blows it out of the water in literally every sector? Not trying to provoke anyone, just wondering. Treble sounds forced and metallic, midrange has kind of grainy feeling on it (especially in vocals), and overall sound is just muddy, congested and artificial mess compared to R70X. Few songs were enough to convince me, in electronic music its kind of 50/50 but when moving to anything with natural instruments and vocals its night and day difference. I think im done with these headphones, meme cans of the year.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #2,319 of 4,538
I dont understand how Pro 82 is supposed to beat HD 800 in transparency and timbre when even R70X blows it out of the water in literally every sector? Not trying to provoke anyone, just wondering. Treble sounds forced and metallic, midrange has kind of grainy feeling on it (especially in vocals), and overall sound is just muddy, congested and artificial mess compared to R70X. Few songs were enough to convince me, in electronic music its kind of 50/50 but when moving to anything with natural instruments and vocals its night and day difference. I think im done with these headphones, meme cans of the year.

I intend to buy the pro82. Coming from the pro80 (which has good reviews on this site and elsewhere) the pro82 are considered an improvement almost by all who have both, so I doubt its fair to call these meme cans of the year, especially considering the price. In that regard you maybe meant that some people are exaggerating in their praise for these headphones to compare them to much more expensive and better ones, which in turn can turn into a meme.

While I was not really impressed with the pro80 I was satisfied with them. Note that I use headphones without an Amp, so that may explain some of it. I also did not find them very comfortable (too tight and too small cans), this has at least been greatly improved in the pro82.

I also considered other headphones in this price range, but for example for the n650 which you like, I read there are QC issues and opinions are varied (possibly because of the QC issues).

May I ask if you have v1 or v2 of the pro82, since most claim that v2 is better?

Nov 23, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #2,321 of 4,538
Just got my pair of Pro 82's today. I've been using the Samson SR850 daily for the past 7 years and the wire broke in an awkward place that I didn't think was worth fixing. RIP. I'm no sound expert and my experience is limited to some crappy gaming headsets and the SR850 being the most "audiophile" headphone I've listened to, so take my layman opinion as you will.

After all the hype these got, my initial feeling was disappointment. Maybe I was expecting to hear more of a significant "improvement" between Pro 82s vs SR850, but there really wasn't. I would argue that SR850 is overall a better sounding headphone. The extra £15 for the pro82s is probably for the fancy box and slightly better materials. Maybe I'm just finding out that I like mids in my music even though I listen to mostly EDM. Yes, Pro 82 has bass but I'd say the SR850 is generally a more enjoyable headphone to listen to for me, especially when you eq some more bass on it, it just has a much richer sound. I also find the Pro 82 to sound a little hollow, like you put your ear into a box, maybe this is just what closed headphones are supposed to sound like.

Overall the pro 82 feels like it's missing something. It's like instead of music I'm hearing noise that resembles music but it lacks separation and sounds bland? Also feels like there is a giant pit where music used to be and now it sounds empty with noise on either end of the spectrum. Maybe it is the lack of mids and what people called "recessed mids" that I'm experiencing. I don't have enough experience or vocabulary to describe it adequately. I tried to EQ some more mids but it doesn't make any difference to the overall sound.

Comfort out of the box is decent but the pleather pads feel hot and sweaty as soon as you put them on. Overall the self adjusting headband, velour pads, clamping force(tighter than pro82), weight are better on SR850 imo. I maybe should've gone with the SHP9500 instead, or another SR850 until I can upgrade from the <$100 tier.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #2,322 of 4,538
May I ask if you have v1 or v2 of the pro82, since most claim that v2 is better?

I think i have V1. They seem to measure up slightly differently but i dont know is it noticeable in real life.

In that regard you maybe meant that some people are exaggerating in their praise for these headphones to compare them to much more expensive and better ones, which in turn can turn into a meme.

This is pretty much what i meant. They are good for $60-$80/50-70€ price, sound is just missing too much here and there preventing them sounding like a true "giant killer". They need to fix metallic tone of the treble and bring some life to the mids (especially upper midrange), perhaps Pro 84 will be better.

Nov 23, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #2,323 of 4,538
What happened with @CrimsonV0id is pretty much what happens when hype train goes overboard. Superlux hd681 is damn fine headphone, except for harsh treble it is as good or better than pro82. Hd668b is pretty much the same and Samson 850 is based on hd668.

So what @CrimsonV0id sidegraded or downgraded to equal or inferior set of headphones because off all the stupid hype.

Like markoluv said, pro82 is good in its respective price range but all this bs about it beating actual end game headphones is missleading for people.

Atleast try adding a spoonfull off objectivity here and there could go a long way. No offense...but just think about it.

Nov 23, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #2,324 of 4,538
Hello! What kind of velor ear cushions fit them? All the same, from a long listening, the ears are sweating in them. Here I think, with what it is possible to replace them, from what model they will fit.
I apologize for the translation, I am from Russia, I use Google translator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back