Takstar HF 580 Planar Headphones
Jul 30, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #571 of 1,250
What mods are you guys doing, I see alot of potential in the driver but that ring is making me set aside the can. I've read people here placing these above sundaras but the ringing/echo is really bugging me. Did the pad change reduce the ringing?

Jul 31, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #572 of 1,250
What mods are you guys doing, I see alot of potential in the driver but that ring is making me set aside the can. I've read people here placing these above sundaras but the ringing/echo is really bugging me. Did the pad change reduce the ringing?

the stock pads are terrible, get something thicker.

Jul 31, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #574 of 1,250
Curiosity finally got the best of me so I decided to open these up and try some suggested mods. Added an 1/8th inch foam and another thinner denser fabric in between the driver and ear cup. Detail and bass came to the forefront. Really enjoying the results. Deciding on a pad swap now. Did anyone end up trying the Monoprice Velours? Or are the Sendy Aiva pads available from Musicteck the way to go?

Jul 31, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #575 of 1,250
Curiosity finally got the best of me so I decided to open these up and try some suggested mods. Added an 1/8th inch foam and another thinner denser fabric in between the driver and ear cup. Detail and bass came to the forefront. Really enjoying the results. Deciding on a pad swap now. Did anyone end up trying the Monoprice Velours? Or are the Sendy Aiva pads available from Musicteck the way to go?

That sounds doable, did u happen to take any pics of the mods? I'm currently using the Brainwavz hybrid HM5 pads with mine. I really like the comfort of these since the ear opening is bigger than the originals and a much better fit for my ears. I also like how they have improved the sound, the bass is definitely deeper and I think they give a more open soundstage than the originals. I'm so pleased with them that I ordered a pair of the angled hybrids during their recent summer sale. Looking forward to those arriving. Another option is the iBasso PT-1 pads, you can order them directly from iBasso and I think they're $25+ship. You can specifiy if you want the perforated or standard versions of the pads.

Happy listening :)

Aug 6, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #576 of 1,250
I'm really liking my pair of HF580's so far, do you think it benefits from a desktop amp ? because it already gets plenty of volume from my Cayin N5IIs and SMSL Idea so I guess it's not as picky as other planars

Also, it appears that Musicteck prices $50 for international shipping (I'm from France), so I can't order Sendy Aiva pads :triportsad: I guess Musicteck are the only ones selling them unfortunately ?

Aug 8, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #577 of 1,250
I didn't know this headphones is released already! I knew about it when I was active in pro 82 thread.
I lost interest to the thread and didn't log in to head-fi for months, and now I have to read this thread from beginning before I decide to buy this

Aug 8, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #578 of 1,250
After a some mods and stock form, i can say that these headphones are very hipped, the mids are missing, the highs dirt and the bass hit very hollow, compared with my DT1990pro, M1060, Fostex t20 mkiii modhouse, and others 6-7 pairs of dynamics, my mods: a thin felt behind the drivers, HM5 pads, angled and straight, felt on front or cotton behind, the last one almost fix the hollow bass but no more.

Attachments

• IMG_20190722_210923.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Aug 8, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #579 of 1,250
After a some mods and stock form, i can say that these headphones are very hipped

What does that phrase mean? I've never heard the term "hipped" before.

What you are describing with respect to highs and bass otherwise does not sound like my set at all.

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #580 of 1,250
What does that phrase mean? I've never heard the term "hipped" before.

What you are describing with respect to highs and bass otherwise does not sound like my set at all.

Sorry my keyboard change the Word, i mean "Hyped", and yes, i really like Clear highs, my favorite highs set are Beyerdynamic DT1990 pro, DT990 pro and Sony SA1000, Even the m1060 are more crystalline and open.

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #581 of 1,250
After a some mods and stock form, i can say that these headphones are very hipped, the mids are missing, the highs dirt and the bass hit very hollow, compared with my DT1990pro, M1060, Fostex t20 mkiii modhouse, and others 6-7 pairs of dynamics, my mods: a thin felt behind the drivers, HM5 pads, angled and straight, felt on front or cotton behind, the last one almost fix the hollow bass but no more.
Stronger back dampering helps with mids and highs. Try my mods. Very flat frequency response and with nice bass. You need strong amp because you gonna lose quite much efficiency. I use hybrid china pads not memory foam. I think good optional is the grey fabric pad not memory foam. Memory foam seems to erect middle. Basic foam seems to lower low-midrange and more base.

Aug 8, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #582 of 1,250
Stronger back dampering helps with mids and highs. Try my mods. Very flat frequency response and with nice bass. You need strong amp because you gonna lose quite much efficiency. I use hybrid china pads not memory foam. I think good optional is the grey fabric pad not memory foam. Memory foam seems to erect middle. Basic foam seems to lower low-midrange and more base.

I'll try a stronger dampering but i find me using a more cheaper/chinese headphones than the takstar.

My main amp is the "NuForce HA-200" with Topping D10, Fiio K3 and Soundblaster Zx

Aug 10, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #583 of 1,250

eq the bass. I compared 1060 and 580 without eq and the bass on the 580 lost by a large margin, but with both boosted the 1060 bass just got messy while the 580 had far cleaner, very deep bass. dunno why but it takes very well to eq

Aug 11, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #584 of 1,250
I'll try a stronger dampering but i find me using a more cheaper/chinese headphones than the takstar.

My main amp is the "NuForce HA-200" with Topping D10, Fiio K3 and Soundblaster Zx
That is a good amp. My is XiangSheng DAC-01 is very good sounding but can just barely handle my modded HF580. I think I'm gonna do avg pink noise for just the fun. Not it can really measure correctly because I don't have artificial ears.

Here is closer pic of Y joint of my cable mod. Heat shrink is not equal but otherwise damn good looking. I recommend this clear Y splitter.
IMG_20190811_174420.png

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #585 of 1,250

they're so easy to drive honestly. I have them on my monoprice thx desktop and they're pretty much always at -30 to -35ish db. It's overkill but I got it when I used my he560s balanced. I honestly can't recommend going for a high power amp unless theres bells and whistles like eq(which is the only reason I don't regret the thx now that my daily drivers can be powered by an Amazon fire tablet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back