Takstar HF 580 Planar Headphones
May 1, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #136 of 1,250
Just like to put my input on it since I received mine about 8 hours ago and have already decided to sell them in favor of keeping my takstar 82's. Bass was missing a edge and I don't know the best way to describe it but the impact feels like it's gone but I know it's their somewhere >.<. As for mid's they seem great as far as my ears could tell. Highs on the other hand felt like how the bass was as they were very "airy" and transparent like one member here said. Comfort was really good even though when I picked them up I feel like I could beat a homeless man in a fight with them. I'm glad I got too try them but I'll be definitly sticking with the takstar pro 82's till something with even more bass and still keeps the nice impact of everything comes along.

May 1, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #137 of 1,250
Selling them after only 8 hours without any settle-in or acclimation time?

As much as I love my Pro 82 (all 4 pairs), these are considerably better. I didn't think so right out of the box, but I gave it time.

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #138 of 1,250

As much as I love my Pro 82 (all 4 pairs), these are considerably better. I didn't think so right out of the box, but I gave it time.
I understand that I probably need to burn them some more but I've had a pretty good sense of once I like a pair of headphones I usually stick with them. Seeing the bass be able to have more impact and form is something I can't see just from burn in but I might be eating my words their so please don't take it as fact. Just speaking from my personal experience trying headphones over the years ^_^

May 1, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #139 of 1,250
Just like to put my input on it since I received mine about 8 hours ago and have already decided to sell them in favor of keeping my takstar 82's. Bass was missing a edge and I don't know the best way to describe it but the impact feels like it's gone but I know it's their somewhere >.<. As for mid's they seem great as far as my ears could tell. Highs on the other hand felt like how the bass was as they were very "airy" and transparent like one member here said. Comfort was really good even though when I picked them up I feel like I could beat a homeless man in a fight with them. I'm glad I got too try them but I'll be definitly sticking with the takstar pro 82's till something with even more bass and still keeps the nice impact of everything comes along.

It's like the Aiva when it comes to bass. No EQ bass is on the light side but it EQ's really well. If bass impact is what you're after stick with dynamics though, Planars are good for bass presence but has very little kick. No planar I've tried really has the impact of bass but sounds great with electronic music, probably not so much trap or whatever is similar to that.

May 1, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #140 of 1,250

Eh, Planars will never have the same type of bass as dynamics, though across the board I've seen even "bass light" planars reach low 20hz's with EQ. Haven't really been too impressed with most dynamics I've tried as far as extension goes. I always link this when trying to explain planar vs dynamic bass: even when planars reach far deeper it still lacks that punch, even HD 650 can represent it better. Dynamics always have more kick, though I overwhelmingly prefer planars over dynamics.

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #141 of 1,250
Hello, it's my first post here and i make it because thanks to this thread i knew about the takstars.
Every impression that i heard, makes me very impatient to finally hear them, i have no problems with a light bass or hi "highs" and vice versa.
I really want to compare against my DT1990 pro and the Sony SA1000 for "dynamics" and the M1060 or Fostex T20 for a "Plannar" comparation.
Btw, i dont know how to put a photo D:

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #142 of 1,250
Hello, it's my first post here and i make it because thanks to this thread i knew about the takstars.
Every impression that i heard, makes me very impatient to finally hear them, i have no problems with a light bass or hi "highs" and vice versa.
I really want to compare against my DT1990 pro and the Sony SA1000 for "dynamics" and the M1060 or Fostex T20 for a "Plannar" comparation.
Btw, i dont know how to put a photo D:
Welcome aboard @Robert Hz, have you ordered yours and when will they arrive?

Also, if you are looking to 'upload' some pictures, the 'upload a file' button is on the bottom right of the message box. From there, you should be able to figure out the rest!

May 2, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #143 of 1,250
Welcome aboard @Robert Hz, have you ordered yours and when will they arrive?

Also, if you are looking to 'upload' some pictures, the 'upload a file' button is on the bottom right of the message box. From there, you should be able to figure out the rest!

Yes, i bought the takstar on 23 april and i decided to wait the HF 580b model, so was sended on 29 april if i remenber my purchase was the 9 of these headphones, sadly for problems with shipping method to my country i only can buy with the Aliexpress Standard instead DHL :frowning2: so the wait its about a month, a long month :c.
Maybe because im new, only can use de URL Image, on the right i only see the buttons "Remove Formatting" and "Use BB Code" - "Post Reply" and "More Options"

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #144 of 1,250
Just got my DHL confirmation that my order has been shipped, but i have to admit, it is going to be a loooong two weeks before they arrive. By the first impressions we got so far they seem like they are going to be interesting to listen to!

May 3, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #145 of 1,250
Eh, Planars will never have the same type of bass as dynamics, though across the board I've seen even "bass light" planars reach low 20hz's with EQ. Haven't really been too impressed with most dynamics I've tried as far as extension goes. I always link this when trying to explain planar vs dynamic bass: even when planars reach far deeper it still lacks that punch, even HD 650 can represent it better. Dynamics always have more kick, though I overwhelmingly prefer planars over dynamics.

For a lot of people, the suitability of cans is going to come down to the styles of music they listen to. My listening tastes are all over the map, so finding a single set of headphones that does everything well isn't easy.

I prefer the bass impact of my Sennheiser 58X for hard rock and heavy metal (sorry, I don't do R&B/hip-hop/rap) but significantly prefer the HI 3050 (HF 580) for classical, jazz, prog, EDM, retro-synth, accapella vocals. Even within genres it can be different. For example, while classical in instrumentation, the bombastic nature of Two Steps from Hell lends itself very well to the bass impact of dynamics.

May 3, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #147 of 1,250
Comparison between the Alara and HF580 would be interesting, anyone got both?
I had Alara for a review but I had to ship it back to Brainwavz just before I got the HF580. From what I remember I'd say Alara is more intimate and bassier headphone compared to HF580 which is more about clarity and soundstage without being bright. Alara sounded quite dark to my ears and HF580 is more neutral. My biggest dislike about Alara was that it did sound quite boring. Somehow it failed to deliver the dynamics I wanted. Alara has a great bass though so if that is priority I can see some people preferring Alara over HF580.

Alara vs HF580.jpg

May 3, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #148 of 1,250
I had Alara for a review but I had to ship it back to Brainwavz just before I got the HF580. From what I remember I'd say Alara is more intimate and bassier headphone compared to HF580 which is more about clarity and soundstage without being bright. Alara sounded quite dark to my ears and HF580 is more neutral. My biggest dislike about Alara was that it did sound quite boring. Somehow it failed to deliver the dynamics I wanted. Alara has a great bass though so if that is priority I can see some people preferring Alara over HF580.

Not bad at all...for frequency response curve itself
After enough burn-in aka pre-tension relaxed, the 700 hz peak can be controlled and lower end might be a little bit up, I hope.
Is the measurement done in the new condition?
Burn-in can be considered as some relaxations for assembling stresses ( especially for membrane) and the thermally stabilized electric properties in all those circuits for voice coils / connectors / cable where frequencies are somewhat modified for some degrees.
Can you repeat the measure after 100 hours burn-in, and to see any difference?

Last edited:
May 4, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #149 of 1,250
For a lot of people, the suitability of cans is going to come down to the styles of music they listen to. My listening tastes are all over the map, so finding a single set of headphones that does everything well isn't easy.

I prefer the bass impact of my Sennheiser 58X for hard rock and heavy metal (sorry, I don't do R&B/hip-hop/rap) but significantly prefer the HI 3050 (HF 580) for classical, jazz, prog, EDM, retro-synth, accapella vocals. Even within genres it can be different. For example, while classical in instrumentation, the bombastic nature of Two Steps from Hell lends itself very well to the bass impact of dynamics.

Yeah, I actually dislike planars in general for 70s stuff, but they are my preferred driver type for all other music. I don't listen to classical or jazz... or rap or trap/dubstep for what its worth.

also ordered and threw https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y262HJ6 those on today. still on the fence for the overall SQ but damn the bass on these drivers can go deep.

mmmmm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back