Takstar HF 580 Planar Headphones
Jan 24, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #842 of 1,250
There is something weird going on. Even I have done some easy mod to HI3050, removed treble spike to sound more balanced. It still sound very canny. Hmm. It may be it first revision or I'm just too spoiled with all my mods done to HF580...

Here is CSD of both headphones. Almost complitely removed midrange ringing on the HF580. In other thoughts I think you need all those internal modifications too. When lowering upper treble and increasing lower treble, then start the back modding to lower the all kind ringing and increase subbass to hold the pressure. Even I have done many mods subbass extensions increased only slightly.

HI3050
HI3050.png

HF580
HF580 difficult mod.png

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #843 of 1,250
There is something weird going on. Even I have done some easy mod to HI3050, removed treble spike to sound more balanced. It still sound very canny. Hmm. It may be it first revision or I'm just too spoiled with all my mods done to HF580...

Here is CSD of both headphones. Almost complitely removed midrange ringing on the HF580.

HI3050

HF580

Interesting. I read somewhere that the diaphragm tension can cause/affect that ringing. Maybe they tweaked that at some point.

Jan 24, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #844 of 1,250
Interesting. I read somewhere that the diaphragm tension can cause/affect that ringing. Maybe they tweaked that at some point.
It may be possible. It was still very soft on my HF580. I would like to be more tensed. Not expert but that was my thoughts. I had also quite bad midrange ringing on my HF580.

Jan 24, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #845 of 1,250
It may be possible. It was still very soft on my HF580. I would like to be more tensed. Not expert but that was my thoughts. I had also quite bad midrange ringing on my HF580.

It would be very interesting if you could compare an unmoded HI3050 to an unmoded HF580. I wonder if what you're experiencing is a revision or a production deviation...

Jan 24, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #846 of 1,250
I disagree. For the most part, they've been up in the US$180 range (pre-coupon) for quite a period of time now. This is an excellent price.

bull, it was this price at release but it didn't come with the 4 screws.
Let's do what everyone does best here, and go to the graph:

https://www.pricearchive.org/aliexpress.com/item/32997885429

upload_2020-1-25_11-12-6.png

Suffice to say I disagree with you both. There's no current site-wide coupon deals to stack with this, and the seller has no coupons that stack with this price. $152-$162 on the regular since Black Friday.

It's a good price, but I suspect the deal will be even better at the end of March unless some huge site coupons come up.

Jan 25, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #847 of 1,250
It would be very interesting if you could compare an unmoded HI3050 to an unmoded HF580. I wonder if what you're experiencing is a revision or a production deviation...
Not going to happen in this weekend. Pain in the ass remove internal mods. Even its not permanent. But when I started to mod these I figured that the right internal dampering reduced midrange ringing. A key for the success is keep clearance to the driver and add dampering material.

Jan 30, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #849 of 1,250
This looks like the best way to power these cans this thing is so flexible you don't need any hardware modding. And it's very affordable, too, less than 60€.

https://audiodigitale.eu/?p=182

Jan 30, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #850 of 1,250
pardon me but what is midrange ring please?
Think that upper picture (cumulative spectal decay) is a drawing. When you paint something, you have a good clean lines but the suddenly started to rain and your painting start to be messy. It's how ringing is. Some frequencies stay too long and creates muddy, messy or tinny sound, but sometimes a bit coloring may give the lost frequencies more real feel if done correctly.

This looks like the best way to power these cans this thing is so flexible you don't need any hardware modding. And it's very affordable, too, less than 60€.

https://audiodigitale.eu/?p=182
Not sure if it fix dynamics well enought but it would be nice pair with mobile phone or if not interested to do any mods...

Jan 30, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #851 of 1,250
Think that upper picture (cumulative spectal decay) is a drawing. When you paint something, you have a good clean lines but the suddenly started to rain and your painting start to be messy. It's how ringing is. Some frequencies stay too long and creates muddy, messy or tinny sound, but sometimes a bit coloring may give the lost frequencies more real feel if done correctly.

Thank you for the elaboration, will this be heard with normal listening or only with a serious critical listening? my cans back ground is HD650, H4xx and Fostex T50RP mk3

Jan 31, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #852 of 1,250
Anybody could compare the Takstar planars to the HE400S yet? This Hifiman is available at AliExpress for 181€ now.

Feb 1, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #853 of 1,250
Anybody could compare the Takstar planars to the HE400S yet? This Hifiman is available at AliExpress for 181€ now.
You can get the HE4XX for even cheaper if that's the route you want to go.

The impressions I've seen in here on the HF-580 suggest it's more at the level of the 500 series from HiFiMan, and with tuning it goes further.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #854 of 1,250
I don't have a "route to go", my current cans are a BossHifi B8, its SIVGA clone and my good
ole Stax Lambda Signature earspeakers. Thinking about getting a set of "perfect" cans that can do the best of both worlds. If you get my drift...

Feb 1, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #855 of 1,250
I don't have a "route to go", my current cans are a BossHifi B8, its SIVGA clone and my good
ole Stax Lambda Signature earspeakers. Thinking about getting a set of "perfect" cans that can do the best of both worlds. If you get my drift...
Sorry, I wasn't quite clear: the Takstar seems to be rated at the 500 series level from HiFiMan, and with a pad change it goes further, along the lines of the Sendy Aiva and the Blon B20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back