Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Sep 19, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #421 of 976
monthly payment option will be added?
i think that option is between you and PayPal using
paypal_credit_151x39.png

Sep 19, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #426 of 976

MMM i should have been more precise. I know there is something in the remote which gives the taction driver the energy it needs to work. Amps offer drivers of the headphones the power they need to operate well. I think i can easily say that bass require most of the power. But as the bass is processed by the tactile driver which is powered by the remote, i thought maybe the Kannon need less external amp power to sound good ??? I hope it's clear enough ; sorry i'm french speaker

Sep 19, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #427 of 976
MMM i should have been more precise. I know there is something in the remote which gives the taction driver the energy it needs to work. Amps offer drivers of the headphones the power they need to operate well. I think i can easily say that bass require most of the power. But as the bass is processed by the tactile driver which is powered by the remote, i thought maybe the Kannon need less external amp power to sound good ??? I hope it's clear enough ; sorry i'm french speaker

• It sounds good from a phone
  • It does not need an amp if you use a DAP
  • If you are a power user like most of us, using a amp will increase dynamics across the frequency band.
The part that gives it the energy is in the cups. The controller is just a controller hub for activating mic/taction :)

Sep 19, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #428 of 976
In HBB's video he used the kannons directly from his phone and said it kicked hard and sounded great. If I were you, I would simply try with and without your amp. Then decide after! We need as much testing and exposure with these cans as we can get at this early stage.

Sep 19, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #429 of 976
Hey James - we will be releasing another batch of cans this week. Things are initially slow due to exhaustive 100% QC on every part and every step, and lots of time spent on documentation. They are also slow because we are spending most of our time making improvements to the manufacturing line rather than running it. These improvements will enable the line to run faster later, to meet demand.

It also means that folks shouldn't read much into the current delivery rate because that rate won't be constant. It will be getting faster and faster over the coming weeks.

Fightin'Jim

Any insight as to what backer number you are currently up to on shipment?

Sep 20, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #430 of 976
How many backers are there? (Non-backer here)

Was thinking of ordering, but I'm assuming the only way to get this sooner rather than later is seeing if a backer decides to sell their's.

Sep 20, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #431 of 976
Shipping November 2016 ??

is it available now ?

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #433 of 976
There were 200 backers initially, but there are probably some people who withdrew their pledge so not sure now. I ordered my pair one or two weeks ago and have been given a 400+ order number if it can be of any indication. Waiting for an unsatisfied backer will probably be the fastest way to get a pair i guess, the Taction team will probably give some news about the process but i don't think the current orders will see their headphones this year... But that's pure speculation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back