Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Sep 2, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #276 of 976
I expect SPL Measurements :L3000:

The work is being done by a transducer and not the audio driver so much. The spl level will be lower but that is to allow for clarity in the mids and beyond while still feeling the slam on the side of your face.
Car audio ( my first love) lets me have physically separate mid and high drivers for slam and quality.
This will be the closest simulation to that experience.

So....it should be awesome., reeeeeeally awesome!

Sep 2, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #277 of 976
The work is being done by a transducer and not the audio driver so much. The spl level will be lower but that is to allow for clarity in the mids and beyond while still feeling the slam on the side of your face.
Car audio ( my first love) lets me have physically separate mid and high drivers for slam and quality.
This will be the closest simulation to that experience.

So....it should be awesome., reeeeeeally awesome!

What do you mean, SHOULD be awesome? I thought you had already tried them? Or was that Luckbad that had tried them ages ago?

Sep 2, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #278 of 976
What do you mean, SHOULD be awesome? I thought you had already tried them? Or was that Luckbad that had tried them ages ago?

I heard the demo unit which I loved. This device is upgraded in all ways but ... don't make declarative statements of certainty about stuff I have no experience with. This should be the game changer for bassheads who love slam aaaaand mids and treble.
I expect it will be that game changer we have waited for in this thread for 4 years...almost.

Sep 2, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #279 of 976
HBB and I both got to hear the pre-production units, but we haven't heard the production units. If these are truly an improvement on what we heard, they're game changers.

As long as the build quality is there, the Taction unit is excellent, and the driver is capable, this will likely get a recommendation and a half. I'm expecting the tuning to be more v-shaped than I personally prefer since I tend to like darker cans, so I'm prepared with a bit of EQ just in case.

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #281 of 976
This is exciting that its not a bust after all.
Anyone who has heard the SC Crushers knows it can be fun. Its a poorly constructed headphone, with ok sound, and decent hits off that tactile bass transducer, but the bass timing is off. If i recall, and from Tyll @ Innerfidelity, it was between the 50-60hz area where you get that juicy hit, and man it is fun to have your skull shake.

My concerns with fun cans is more on tonality and stuff, as complex beats can sometimes incorporate some unique instruments as violins and piano and stuff, so it can be bothersome when they sound a bit off. E.g The SZ1k for me is great and fun and all, but with guitars, violins, pianos TABLAS , African drums etc, its a bit off. I find the XB1k a little better for bass + accuracy for those same instruments mix. But the bass slams like a Mac Truck to the Cranium off the SZ. The SC Crushers in the 50-60hz do it as well, but in a unique way.

This is a new product, so i'm sure it would take a few iterations to reach this 'dynamic + tactile transduce' romance from feedback and such down the line. Also curious about driver reliability with amping etc. Whether that tactile transducer will hit with different impacts at different bass notes .

But man, this is exciting, and can't wait to hear more from y'all when you get em. A high grade Crusher'esque can to shake the audio world (bassheads). :L3000:

Sep 4, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #283 of 976
Anyone who has heard the SC Crushers knows it can be fun.

Yeah a very high end version of the Crushers could convince me to spend that type of money... I have the Crusher Wireless and despite some flaws i like them. Really eager to hear the first advices and reviews on the Kannons.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #284 of 976
Yeah a very high end version of the Crushers could convince me to spend that type of money... I have the Crusher Wireless and despite some flaws i like them. Really eager to hear the first advices and reviews on the Kannons.

Yesssir

If these Kannons are the Bee's Knees (at this point, an improvement over the new Crushers (which still apparently have not perfected the timing of the tactile transducer control)) then its the Bee's Knee's. m50x'ish level with tactile transducer slam (more than SC), to me would be a good start. Too much?

Not many know of the Alpine (car audio brand) that made headphones with vibrating headband as well. Maybe more is more? :p

and then SC might be like "awww haaaaeeeelllll Nawwww" and go back to the drawing board...

and then maybe Senny and Beyer gangs go " Awwww Hell to the mf'n Nawww" and make some slayers with their quality speakers and possibly German grade tactile transducers :p, ofc in the 100-200 category. Why not? They made some gaming headsets anyway. :D

but yea,,... time will tell.... Maybe JVC SZ3000 with 70mm CNT woofer + 40mm Biocelly driver + tactile transducer...

In dreams.... in dreams... Roy

Sep 6, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #285 of 976
First impressions: F yes. I am on Wiz Khalifa's level right now. Total bass shaking ridiculousness without deafness-inducing volume. Tuning is definitely v-shaped (EDIT: I was getting a bad seal. See this post), but doesn't seem egregious anywhere on first blush. 10 on the Taction dial is much more shake than you need (or will likely even want) for sustained listening. I'm dialed in around 7 for my normal listening levels.

IMG_20170906_172816.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back