T1's Uncomfortable..Anyone Else
Apr 4, 2010 at 12:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Double F

100+ Head-Fier
I've had my pair for over a week. Love the sound but the pads are hard and nonconforming to my rather largish head. Most seem to be happy with comfort so maybe it is a problem for big heads.

Apr 4, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #2 of 25
To me they are not uncomfortable just annoying for being so picky regarding position in your head in order to get good balance sound and soundstage.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Apr 4, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 25
They are harder and tighter than my DT880 or HD800; however after I wore them a few times I have not had any problems with comfort. My head is thin and they are a little tight. Maybe you should stretch the headband a little? Not too much since you don't want them to fall off when you look down. Also, could be a resale issue.

Apr 4, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double F /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had my pair for over a week. Love the sound but the pads are hard and nonconforming to my rather largish head. Most seem to be happy with comfort so maybe it is a problem for big heads.

its fine for me. sorry to hear theyre not comfortable for u!

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #6 of 25
I found them very comfy for long sessions listening, if you have large ears it may be a problem...
redface.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #7 of 25
T1 is incomfortable to me. My head is ^ shaped at top and T1 headband does not have corresponding notch here (HD650 has). So T1 lies heavy on this area with all its weight, causing the pain after some minutes. Earpads are OK, though HD650 pads are better too. Generally, HD650 was a real relief after I tried T1 for 30 minutes.

Apr 4, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #8 of 25
You must all be aware the headband can be stretched to conform to your head like all of the other top-tier Beyers.

Apr 4, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #9 of 25
Yikes, wearing my HD650 used to feel like I was putting my head in a vice. If the T1 is worse, well, that's a serious blow against me ever getting one.

Now the HD600, that's a comfortable headphone.
biggrin.gif
It's definitely snug, but it's not too tight for me. And it isn't too picky about positioning either, at least not as far as I can tell.

Apr 5, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You must all be aware the headband can be stretched to conform to your head like all of the other top-tier Beyers.

Stretching does not help with regards to the bump on the top of my head. T1 stock clamping force is fine to mee.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valens7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yikes, wearing my HD650 used to feel like I was putting my head in a vice. If the T1 is worse, well, that's a serious blow against me ever getting one.

Yes, stock HD650 clamps too hard, but I stretched mine, so now it is ok.

Apr 5, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #11 of 25
I have worn them and they do have some clamping force and the ear pads feel comfortable yet 'hard'. All this makes them feel very sturdy and seems they will never fall off my head, without losing comfort.

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
T1 is incomfortable to me. My head is ^ shaped at top and T1 headband does not have corresponding notch here (HD650 has). So T1 lies heavy on this area with all its weight, causing the pain after some minutes. Earpads are OK, though HD650 pads are better too. Generally, HD650 was a real relief after I tried T1 for 30 minutes.

I have the same ridge on the top of my head so I hope they don't give me problems. The 10oclock/2oclock pads on the Sennheisers are pretty awesome.

Apr 5, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #13 of 25
Funny you folks have these problems - really, a little creative bending done with Beyers, and Grado can easily be done. Both get bent to match, exactly, the confirmation of my head. HINT: if you bend each end of the headband to be relatively flat - it allows the headband to be bent closer in the middle so as to avoid resting on your alien midpoint ridges
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny you folks have these problems - really, a little creative bending done with Beyers, and Grado can easily be done. Both get bent to match, exactly, the confirmation of my head. HINT: if you bend each end of the headband to be relatively flat - it allows the headband to be bent closer in the middle so as to avoid resting on your alien midpoint ridges
smily_headphones1.gif

Bending $1000 headphones is scary!
eek.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #15 of 25
First thought: wimp

Second thought: this is a stickup - hand me your money, my Paypal addy is ..................

Third thought: girly-man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back