T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Mar 4, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #31 of 622
I was wondering exactly the same thing.

Mar 4, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #32 of 622
Although I was a fan of H-100, I really disliked H-100J, I also understand some people's stance on the original H-100. What I want to know is who actually listens to these IEM T-Peos make and says: 'yep, that's great, that's exactly the sound we want to achieve' who gives the final go ahead on these products to release them?

H-200 was pretty good. Where have they gone wrong again..

I was told that the T-Peos CEO directly gives the final 'ok' before they start hitting the factory line.

I just have no idea what happened with the H-300. It just doesn't make any sense to me and I can't understand why they would have tuned it like this. The biggest complaint that people had was not being able to hear the high hats and the vocals were too veiled. I have just received the reversion of the H-300 and I will post up quick first impressions tmrw.

Mar 4, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #33 of 622
I'm hoping for the best. It'll be such a waste if they don't deliver with the h300.

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #34 of 622
Well, totally unexpected I had a pair of H-300 arrive to my door around lunchtime. These must be the retuned version because I hear nothing like what jonyoo described. This pair sound crystal clear , not vieled, airy with good treble response. Actually in the 30 minutes I've been listening they sound really really good! Really crisp and clean, no absence in the frequency range. and that T-Peos bass. They sound better than I remember H-200, much wider soundstage.

I'll report back later but damn.......these are the real deal!

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #35 of 622
  Well, totally unexpected I had a pair of H-300 arrive to my door around lunchtime. These must be the retuned version because I hear nothing like what jonyoo described. This pair sound crystal clear , not vieled, airy with good treble response. Actually in the 30 minutes I've been listening they sound really really good! Really crisp and clean, no absence in the frequency range. and that T-Peos bass. They sound better than I remember H-200, much wider soundstage.

I'll report back later but damn.......these are the real deal!

Nice one mate, better than UnMel 3X v1? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #36 of 622
Nice one mate, better than UnMel 3X v1? :bigsmile_face:

I don't want to say to much right now, need to let the hype settle. But it sounds pretty good! Maybe it's a phantom pair? :0

I'll have some pics up later.

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #38 of 622
Yes, they have to be the retuned version. It's a totally different story. I received mine yesterday. If I put positively, it's amazingly crystal clear up top. If I put it negatively, there is a tad bit of piercing sharpness. Mostly in the 8KHz region I think but I'm sure many people would be fine with this sort of treble response. It will take some time for me to adjust to this sort of crispiness. Vocals are a lot more forward and the mids does not sound exaggerated anymore. Bass is just as great as it always was. I feel the biggest difference from the H-200 is that both ends have been extended; highs crispier and brighter, deeper end of the sub-bass slightly more apparent.

I am informed that this is the final version for mass production.
Hopefully, I'll get around to posting pics up tonight :wink:
Happy listening!

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #39 of 622
Great! So I'm not crazy after all.

Granted I haven't heard the first version that was changed though what ever T-Peos have done is very impressive first few hours with these for me They sound similar to H-200 (same kind of gene pool) but as been suggested by T-Peos improved in many areas. the stage is much wider, the air in the upper mids and space is more obvious and they sound crystal clear, I mean almost see through in the way of transparency. I'm already rather chuffed with what I'm hearing. They're a touch bright like H-200 but crisp and clean, coherency in the mid range is really obvious. And of course as we know T-Peos that wonderful bass H-200 is there with good texture, clarity and detail. 

What a nice suprise, I must admit I had some doubts on  their retuning and was disapointed but I wasn't expecting this!

I'll let jonyoo grab some photo's of the full boxing and accessories, I think some are going to admire the non mic cables colour coding! :wink:

For now here's a teaser photo I whipped up. 

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #40 of 622
DAAAAHHHMMMNNN YOUUUU!!! 
bigsmile_face.gif

I'm now considering to buy straight away, or wait for the tour first then buy/not buy...

My only concern is that with H-200, many people can overcome the upper mid spike and forget about it, whereas to my ear, it was rather unbearable, so yeah just have a slight concern that this H-300 has the same spike (does it?)

Quote:

Hahaha yeah mate, exactly my thought...

Mar 5, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #41 of 622
  My only concern is that with H-200, many people can overcome the upper mid spike and forget about it, whereas to my ear, it was rather unbearable, so yeah just have a slight concern that this H-300 has the same spike (does it?)

Hmm, can't say I hear anything like that personally. There were a few tracks with H-200 I tested which had a peak or slight spike jump out (I have a strange story about it going away with burn in actually) though this is absent with H-300 from the start. I am only one set of ears though, who knows what you guys might find. For me it's almost love on first listen with H-300. I'm just glad I went in fresh with the retuned version, I mean, T-Peos didn't even confirm a shipping number, this pair just magically turned up to my door today. I put them on and was waiting for what jonyoo described, instead nearly had a slight eargasm. Not a bad turn around I say! :wink:

Mar 5, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #42 of 622

Hmm, can't say I hear anything like that personally. There were a few tracks with H-200 I tested which had a peak or slight spike jump out (I have a strange story about it going away with burn in actually) though this is absent with H-300 from the start. I am only one set of ears though, who knows what you guys might find. For me it's almost love on first listen with H-300. I'm just glad I went in fresh with the retuned version, I mean, T-Peos didn't even confirm a shipping number, this pair just magically turned up to my door today. I put them on and was waiting for what jonyoo described, instead nearly had a slight eargasm. Not a bad turn around I say! :wink:

Glad you received the retuned version. You would not have liked last weeks at all. Crazy how it changed so much over a week. I can tell they're working real hard for this one.

Mar 5, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #43 of 622
Oh btw, attention all H-200 owners! Starting next Monday (March 10th) 10 AM (Korea time), T-Peos is receiving only the first 50 applicants for those who want to upgrade their H-200 to a H-300. You will have to send them your H-200, pay an extra 150,000 won (roughly $140) and they will send you a new H-300. It's first come first serve for the first 50 people. I'm sure Mobyn will be able to tell you the exact steps you need to take to make this happen. Anyone who is interested should shoot him an email :) I'm not sure if they are doing this only for Korea but I'm sure they'd be willing to play fair for those overseas.

This notice was on their homepage in Korean.

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #44 of 622
Very curious to hear the DUNU owners chime in about this compares to their high end hybrid.  How is the fit compared to the DUNU?  I know some users of the H200 reported problems with driver flex. 

The sound signature of the H300 sounds like it could be right up my alley. 

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #45 of 622
  Very curious to hear the DUNU owners chime in about this compares to their high end hybrid.  How is the fit compared to the DUNU?  I know some users of the H200 reported problems with driver flex. 

The sound signature of the H300 sounds like it could be right up my alley. 

I'm sure H20Fidelity can give you a detailed comparison with that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back