T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Mar 5, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #46 of 622
Very curious to hear the DUNU owners chime in about this compares to their high end hybrid.  How is the fit compared to the DUNU?  I know some users of the H200 reported problems with driver flex. 

The sound signature of the H300 sounds like it could be right up my alley. 

I was doing some A/B earlier between Dunu DN-1000 and H-300. The Dunu (my favorite hybrid under $250) sounds a touch vieled and blurry or hazzy in the mids compared to H-300, the T-Peos seems to have better clarity and control. The treble on the Dunu is softer a touch smoother. But H-300 bass is much tighter with better speed and control. This was just with a few quick A/B using different sources.

The fit is very similar to wearing Dunu, similar weight and insertion depth. I'll be saying a little more over the next few days. Then eventually a full review.

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #47 of 622
Well here are some pics up close and personal with the H-200 :)

There's that colorful cable that H20 mentioned.

Wasn't too fond of that weird ring on the H-200 lol.

H-300 left, H-200 right

A beauty shot of some cables. Order from left to right TC-001 mic cable, H-300 mic cable, H-300 color coded cable, TC-003 7n OCC silver plated copper cable.

I will try and post full pics tmrw with the boxing, accessories, etc tomorrow.

Mar 5, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #49 of 622
That's an unusual program. Give in your old earphones to get new ones... I wonder what they're going to do with the used ones 
confused.gif

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #50 of 622
Some of Jonyoo's photo's added to the OP. As the thread grows I'll keep updating the OP with information that comes in.

As it stands the pre-sale is $270 USD shipped EMS for a limited time, the link to this can be found in the sponsor section of Head-Fi, or simply in the OP of this thread.

After listening last night I think H-300 has what it takes to compete with other earphones up around the $400 - $500 mark, it seems more capable than what I remember Astrotec AX60, Unqiue Melody 3X hybrids and seems to be pushing ahead of Dunu DN-1000 in technical ability and detail rather easily. If I didn't think it was worthy, I would be sure to let that be known. 

Mar 5, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #51 of 622
  Can you tell me who I email to upgrade my H-200 to the H-300?

Mobyn at T-Peos takes care of all overseas orders. k1880497@swpshinwoo.com is his email.

That's an unusual program. Give in your old earphones to get new ones... I wonder what they're going to do with the used ones 
confused.gif

Well it's only limited to the first 50 people so...I think it's quite a decent promotion strategy heh.

Mar 5, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #52 of 622
@jonyoo  Can you confirm H-200 cables will fit directly on H-300? 

I have managed to source my old H-200 SPC cable back from a member. 

Mar 5, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #54 of 622

Like a charm :) Although it does not fit all the way in. There is like a 0.5mm gap.

Great, thanks! They're exactly the same plug design my SPC cable has so perfect example. 
beerchug.gif

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #55 of 622
H20, as one of the few who have heard the 4.ai and the h300, do you think the h300 would be considered an "upgrade"? or just a sidegrade with different sound sig? I'm wondering if selling my 4.ai and getting the h300 would be a good idea. Only thing I am unsure of is the build quality/dc style cable connector.

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #56 of 622
name="ethanc" url="/t/704417/t-peos-h-300-3-way-hybrid-impressions-and-appreciation-thread/45#post_10336592"]H20, as one of the few who have heard the 4.ai and the h300, do you think the h300 would be considered an "upgrade"? or just a sidegrade with different sound sig? I'm wondering if selling my 4.ai and getting the h300 would be a good idea. Only thing I am unsure of is the build quality/dc style cable connector.

I haven't heard 4Ai unfortunately, only 3Ai which is not comparable to H-300. I honestly feel H -300 is on a similar level technically to my $650 RDB v1 Mini hybrid from Rhapsodio. The transparency and seperation is quite strong and detail not far behind and it actually excels my RDB in soundstage width. A little bright and thin with lots of clarity. Next week I'm launching an Australian tour with around 10 members and you'll be able to get a much better idea.

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #57 of 622
I haven't heard 4Ai unfortunately, only 3Ai which is not comparable to H-300. I honestly feel H -300 is on a similar level technically to my $650 RDB v1 Mini hybrid from Rhapsodio. The transparency and seperation is quite strong and detail not far behind and it actually excels my RDB in soundstage width. A little bright and thin with lots of clarity. Next week I'm launching an Australian tour with around 10 members and you'll be able to get a much better idea.

ahh, my bad. I just recall you in the 4.ai thread a while back, so I guess I just assumed
rolleyes.gif
hmmm.. the h300 looks really tempting now.  I also have tf10's, and I am guessing that the h300 has tighter bass, clearer mid range, wider soundstage, and better overall detail retrieval?

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #58 of 622
ahh, my bad. I just recall you in the 4.ai thread a while back, so I guess I just assumed :rolleyes: hmmm.. the h300 looks really tempting now.  I also have tf10's, and I am guessing that the h300 has tighter bass, clearer mid range, wider soundstage, and better overall detail retrieval?

Much much clearer than TF10, not even on the same program. More air, clarity stronger technically in every way. I own TF10 and love them but is not even worth a fair comparison.

Mar 6, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #60 of 622
  H20, as one of the few who have heard the 4.ai and the h300, do you think the h300 would be considered an "upgrade"? or just a sidegrade with different sound sig? I'm wondering if selling my 4.ai and getting the h300 would be a good idea. Only thing I am unsure of is the build quality/dc style cable connector.

I currently own both the 3.ai, 4.ai, and the h300. I guess it depends on what you think of as an upgrade. 4.ai and H300 are totally two different stories with not a lot in common. There are more characteristics closer to the 3.ai rather than the 4.ai but to me H300 is superior in many aspects such as detail, clarity, soundstage, etc. H-300 has better bass extension with speed, overall mids are just on another level, and treble will be more on the analytical side than the 4.ai. I do prefer and admire the build quality and aesthetic design with the wooden faceplates on the Heirs but the H-300 don't look like they will break in a hundred years. It's a tank. Soundwise, I do think of it as an upgrade. Just don't expect a pretty glossy looking earphone haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back