T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jul 22, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #1,891 of 2,595
Quote:
I wasn't rough at all. And the problem is at the jack, not the driver connector.

How are you disconnecting the jack from your source?  Are you pulling on the cable, end of the strain relief, or tip of the strain relief? 

Jul 22, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #1,893 of 2,595
Quote:
I pull on the cable with my teeth. :wink:

I usually pull out the jack by the point of the L. 

Well, that's your problem, your teeth chewed through the cable.  If you got a shock while it lost connection, that means you are playing your music too loud :wink: 

If you're pulling it at the point of the L (where it angles out), you might be stretching the strain relief and causing a disconnect that way.  Only explanation I've got.  There is, of course, still the chance that the cable was defective to begin with. 

Jul 22, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #1,896 of 2,595
Quote:
Whatever the details, I'd say that cable failure after 2 months of normal (and not even daily) use is a bit weak. Guess I'll ask them about a replacement, seeing as the upgrade cable won't have a remote.

i agree, my red cable from time to time loses connection on the right ear, i have to move connector gently to restore the contact, sounds weird. have to check if this is the cable or the right earpiece but perhaps i also will have to mail TPeos about this then.

Jul 22, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #1,899 of 2,595
Quote:
Well, I mailed them and already got a response that they'll simply send me a new one, no questions asked. Pretty good service.

who did you mail? please PM me, i also need ask them for this or perhaps send them back my H200 so they can check it. i hope this is cable, will check with black cable later.

Jul 22, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #1,900 of 2,595
who did you mail? please PM me, i also need ask them for this or perhaps send them back my H200 so they can check it. i hope this is cable, will check with black cable later.

I almost sent them my left earphone with the same problem as yours. After 2 weeks of further observation, it seems to be ok now. Just had to find the right position by rotating the cable to one side every 2 days. The other 3 sides do tend to get loose contact at the jack. Still observing tho... I'm ready to ship it back if it re-occurs.

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #1,901 of 2,595
Quote:
You can email Sunggo: 
k1880497@swpshinwoo.com

I almost sent them my left earphone with the same problem as yours. After 2 weeks of further observation, it seems to be ok now. Just had to find the right position by rotating the cable to one side every 2 days. The other 3 sides do tend to get loose contact at the jack. Still observing tho... I'm ready to ship it back if it re-occurs.

thanks, this same happens to my H200, i still need to see IF this is cable or IEM itself before contacting them. anyway i am happy hearing about good support at TPeos, makes me comfortable.

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #1,903 of 2,595
Sooo, no updates on aftermarket cables for H-200?

BTW, thanks again for the tips concerning, emmm, tips for these babies. I've ordered both V-Moda tips and Comply Ts 400 and received them before my vacation was over so I've had some time to experiment. Ts 400 are almost perfect as their foam nature improves the bass and isolation while not taming the highs too much and the wide bore design makes their stage good enough. V-Moda tips, on the other hand, just has NO bass for me, so they are going to rest in a box for now.

And now the funniest thing - I've found the most suitable tips while waiting for these two to arrive. I was trying to enjoy my girlfriend's Heir Audio 3a.i and found these small double flanged tips... And they are perfect. Good bass, wide stage, no clarity loss whatsoever and my girlfriend does not use them at all because of the fit issues. 

Both Comply and Heir Audio tips have absolutely no driver flex issues so now I am tip rolling these two pairs and the stock medium ones and further burning the earphones.

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #1,904 of 2,595
Still waiting...

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #1,905 of 2,595
Mine came through yesterday :)

Been listening to them today, they sound promising. I use the stock M sony hybrid style tips, I get driver flex right side only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back