T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jul 18, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #1,861 of 2,595
I'm imagining just how much better the H-200 will get with the upcoming 7N Silver cable.

I can't wait to get those and finally complete my ultimate portable setup under $1000.

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #1,863 of 2,595
i wait for 7N silver cable too, come TPeos show us something
wink_face.gif

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #1,865 of 2,595
This cable? :wink:

The improvements are in soundstage width, air, coherency, detail, also H-200 tonality leans a 'smidgen' cooler. If you've had experience with silver plated cables that similar tone is present but blended with H-200's original signature. Overall that sound and presentation flows together while layering and transparency improves. Vocals for example, Taylor Swift gain that extra detail extension makes them really dig in deep with bite and attack when she hits high notes. it gives the stage that extra width and a little more space between instruments. I consider the cable an upgrade, my stock cables are in the draw rotting away somewhere. I guess whether it's night and day is up to each individual,

That's the slightly hyped version because I have one and you guys don't so I'm rubbing it in . :p

See what you think, I would like to see a pure silver version, personally

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #1,866 of 2,595
That sounds pretty impressive. I know my TF10s got a slightly cooler sound when I switched to Aretes but these sounds like they improve things the H-200 already does well, and rounds off small weaknesses.

Plus, the presentation is really nice. Definitely a must have for me.

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #1,867 of 2,595
H20 hit on some of the things I heard with the prototype SPC cable: better clarity at the of the freq extremes.. better controlled bass.. a more expansive, dynamic midrange.. and cleaner treble. Not a night & day difference from the stock cable.. but the difference was distinguishable (and did not require 'golden ears' to discern).. and a worthwhile upgrade, IMO (factoring in the targeted price of the aftermarket cable).

T-PEOS is (actively) developing the cable that will be RTM (hopefully soon) and are trying to decide between two (copper) wire types. They're very aware of the microphonics issue too and will address it.

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #1,868 of 2,595
Quote:
What is the purpose of the SMSL interconnect?

It's just a 3.5mm high end audio cable. Sorry for the confusion...

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #1,869 of 2,595
^ The all-powerful SPC SMSL cable, not a bad cable at all, especially for the money.

Here it is being sported on the popular C3 / BH combo. (works very well with H-200 btw)

The next step after SMSL is pure silver I linked a few pages back ($30)

Much research gone into upgrading from SMSL. :ph34r:

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #1,870 of 2,595
Quote:
^ The all-powerful SPC SMSL cable, not a bad cable at all, especially for the money.

Here it is being sported on the popular C3 / BH combo. (works very well with H-200 btw)

The next step after SMSL is pure silver I linked a few pages back ($30)

Much research gone into upgrading from SMSL.
ph34r.gif

Is that silver cable's jacks, REAN jacks?

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #1,871 of 2,595
This is on the way:
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=300589822835&cmd=VIDESC

Using a generic LOD now.

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #1,872 of 2,595
Is that silver cable's jacks, REAN jacks?

Yes, indeed Reans. I feel using the (upgrade H-200 cable) then pure silver interconnect works well. But remember it will come down to source and amp tonality too. We know C3 is fairly neutral while BH leans a touch cool, so some people may not like it quite that bright, that's why I always say fall back on SPC for fail safe.

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #1,875 of 2,595
Quote:
Output 2 is cool, but 1 is warm.

for me output 2 with SF LF and HG switches engaged sounds a bit more detailed and better artriculate in bass. output 1 creates more euphoric sound stage especially in HG mode but i find bass countour and precision more lacking, is kinda going woofer woofer woofer...damn me.

in all likelihood it is very hard to decide, i liked out1 when start audition H200, switched to out2 later. the issue will be also Source dependent, so no universal solution for people with different players, i have C3 and for me BH and H200 work finest with out2 with all switches engaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back