T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jul 17, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #1,846 of 2,595
Quote:
No problem. That dual BA is really good at presenting fine details.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/macro

tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #1,847 of 2,595
"... and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!"

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #1,848 of 2,595
Did I seriously forget to add an "and" to that sentence?
frown.gif

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #1,849 of 2,595
Jul 17, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #1,850 of 2,595
Quote:
Maybe you forgot to add a "too."
smile.gif

That too. I'm having a major brain fart after watching Pacific Rim earlier. So much awesome.

Jul 17, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #1,851 of 2,595
Mr Postman left something at my doorstep:

Will be testing this baby with the H200 today! Impressions coming soon...

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #1,854 of 2,595
I second that!

I can't believe what I'm hearing right now! I didn't expect that I've been missing out on QUALITY audio by choosing to start with a basic amp like the E11. The C5 is just miles away in terms of clarity and detail. The MIDS! OMG this is a revelation for me. Now I understand why headfiers invest on such high quality gear. I'll post my detailed impressions as soon as I've listened to my test tracks. Currently testing with Mariah Carey catalogue in ALAC format.

Setup:
H200(black stock tips)>C5>SMSL interconnect audio cable>iPod touch 5th Gen

Jul 18, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #1,855 of 2,595
Just got a pair for the H200 in and while I do appreciate the macro detail and plentiful bass (basshead at heart here), I can't help but notice the suckout in the midrange. It's almost to the point that I think these would be my perfect IEMs if it were fixed.

Dunno, gonna keep listening for later review.

(I think you meant "micro detail" btw, because "macro detail" seems like an oxymoron to me)

Quote:
I can't believe what I'm hearing right now! I didn't expect that I've been missing out on QUALITY audio by choosing to start with a basic amp like the E11. The C5 is just miles away in terms of clarity and detail. The MIDS! OMG this is a revelation for me. Now I understand why headfiers invest on such high quality gear. I'll post my detailed impressions as soon as I've listened to my test tracks. Currently testing with Mariah Carey catalogue in ALAC format.

Setup:
H200(black stock tips)>C5>SMSL interconnect>iPod touch 5th Gen

So, good mids? Sucked out mids? Which is it people? 
size]

My vote: the H200's mids sound amazing.

Jul 18, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #1,857 of 2,595
Quote:
I second that!

Setup:
H200(black stock tips)>C5>SMSL interconnect>iPod touch 5th Gen

What is the purpose of the SMSL interconnect?

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #1,858 of 2,595
So, good mids? Sucked out mids? Which is it people? 
size]

My vote: the H200's mids sound amazing.

I don't hear what others complain about the dip in the h200 mids. Only thing I noticed is that the snare drum doesn't sound as natural in some of my 80's rock tracks. Now that is unamped.

With the C5, the mids are soooo much better! Lush, smooth, and very detailed. It's like the mids is "FLOATING" within the sound spectrum. Mesmerising I must say.

Is that what you are hearing with the C3+BH combo Wayne?

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #1,859 of 2,595
I don't hear what others complain about the dip in the h200 mids. Only thing I noticed is that the snare drum doesn't sound as natural in some of my 80's rock tracks. Now that is unamped.

With the C5, the mids are soooo much better! Lush, smooth, and very detailed. It's like the mids is "FLOATING" within the sound spectrum. Mesmerising I must say.

I'm imagining just how much better the H-200 will get with the upcoming 7N Silver cable.

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #1,860 of 2,595
Quote:
I don't hear what others complain about the dip in the h200 mids. Only thing I noticed is that thesnare drum doesn't sound as natural in some of my 80's rock tracks. Now that is unamped.

Ok, the 'ol 6.5K dip equates to not 100% natural sounding snare drums. I can live with that apparently!

Lush, layered, detailed, engaging and mesmerizing mids? Yes, I think that I'm getting in on a bit of that action!

size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back