T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jun 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #1,366 of 2,595
"My point is, perspective makes all the difference. And this little argument.. Haha, it ain't helping either. If you want it cheap, ask them, putting your "bad" experiences aside, and request for normal shipping. If not, there's nothing I can do about it for you. Complain all you like, but it is, what it is.

I'm sorry to say, "Unity" doesn't have any power in these shipping situations. "

I don't know if we are talking over each other or what. I don't want to buy the cable. If $20 is what EMS charges them, $20 is what the fast shipping cost. I don't think TPeos is obligated to charge $6 for 2-3 shipping if that is not what they pay. I noted $20 is expensive for shipping a cable with the sub-context of that being the only option. I then inquired if they offer slower/cheaper shipping.

Ericp, your missing the sarcastic tone mixed with factual events. I mention it below the area u bolded. Tiny already mentioned it is a sample, yes. Like tiny said, he wasn't mad about it when it happen... more bothered about it now. <- That's me, his reaction, feelings.

I think you are misunderstanding my tone.

As to my experience vs yours, I read a post on this site that goes something like this I believe: It's not what is done when everything goes well but what happens when something doesn't. This is when you truly see the true nature of the company your dealing with.

I was talking about the listed price on this post BTW, you might be talking about a different cable($65). Still $20 to ship listed on that one correct?

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #1,367 of 2,595
Quote:
I've wrote something already. search the thread. But the gist is that it's not on the same level at all in my opinion.

Thanks ericp, 'found it!

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #1,368 of 2,595
I've stated it once already, and I will state it again.  I'm not too worried about the swap (was a little disappointed, but not entirely mad about it), the 'buds will eventually get to me.  They should get to FlySweep sometime today or tomorrow (just got out to customs in San Francisco), then be sent to me ASAP... 

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #1,369 of 2,595
For the record..

I ordered one of the new custom cables from T-PEOS a couple of weeks back (they are sending me a prototype, I think.. since they won't be RTM until July) & they were kind enough to include the H-200's retail box.  I didn't get the box with my H-200 since my order was placed/fulfilled before they finalized the packaging.  Tinyman ordered the full H-200.. and T-PEOS simply mixed up Tinyman's & my shipments.  So, I'm receiving Tinyman's (full H-200) shipment & he received mine (which explains the empty box with a cable, accessories, and no H-200).  T-PEOS became aware of the shipping snafu quickly and notified both of us.  They're covering the shipping costs for both Tinyman & I as we exchange the shipments amongst ourselves.

Jun 24, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #1,370 of 2,595
Although it was unfortunate that they forgot to send tinyman the earphones, if I'm not mistaken, these were samples being sent to him and not something he purchased. So I wouldn't ridicule a company's customer service for something that was going to be free in the first place. My experience with this company has been excellent (and I paid for my earphones). 

"Customer service" was inaccurate and I don't know if sample means loan or to keep but they made a decision to send him a pair and IMO they should follow it through with the same amount of care as everything else. It can be viewed as being reflective of a larger attitude. But, stuff happens. It's how they respond.

For the record..

I ordered one of the new custom cables from T-PEOS a couple of weeks back (they are sending me a prototype, I think.. since they won't be RTM until July) & they were kind enough to include the H-200's retail box.  I didn't get the box with my H-200 since my order was placed/fulfilled before they finalized the packaging.  Tinyman ordered the full H-200.. and T-PEOS simply mixed up Tinyman's & my shipments.  So, I'm receiving Tinyman's (full H-200) shipment & he received mine (which explains the empty box with a cable, accessories, and no H-200).  
T-PEOS became aware of the shipping snafu quickly and notified both of us.  They're covering the shipping costs for both Tinyman & I as we exchange the shipments amongst ourselves.

And they really stepped up. Good job T-PEOS. Now hopefully they look to see why this happened and see if any steps need to be taken to correct possible future mixups.

"
I read a post on this site that goes something like this I believe: It's not what is done when everything goes well but what happens when something doesn't. This is when you truly see the true nature of the company your dealing with.

I agree with this and think it extends to people too.

Jun 24, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #1,371 of 2,595
Quote:
"My point is, perspective makes all the difference. And this little argument.. Haha, it ain't helping either. If you want it cheap, ask them, putting your "bad" experiences aside, and request for normal shipping. If not, there's nothing I can do about it for you. Complain all you like, but it is, what it is.

I'm sorry to say, "Unity" doesn't have any power in these shipping situations. "

I don't know if we are talking over each other or what. I don't want to buy the cable. If $20 is what EMS charges them, $20 is what the fast shipping cost. I don't think TPeos is obligated to charge $6 for 2-3 shipping if that is not what they pay. I noted $20 is expensive for shipping a cable with the sub-context of that being the only option. I then inquired if they offer slower/cheaper shipping.

Ericp, your missing the sarcastic tone mixed with factual events. I mention it below the area u bolded. Tiny already mentioned it is a sample, yes. Like tiny said, he wasn't mad about it when it happen... more bothered about it now. <- That's me, his reaction, feelings.

I think you are misunderstanding my tone.

As to my experience vs yours, I read a post on this site that goes something like this I believe: It's not what is done when everything goes well but what happens when something doesn't. This is when you truly see the true nature of the company your dealing with.

I was talking about the listed price on this post BTW, you might be talking about a different cable($65). Still $20 to ship listed on that one correct?

Okay, my mistake Unity. I did miss the tone. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 24, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #1,372 of 2,595
That $65 was about the going rate for the cables that Marcus stated he would help us get but pulled of all. Really, if spending $20 to have something shipped all over the world from S. Korea is such a big deal why even bother importing? That's about the standard price to ship from China, Japan, etc. Just my opinion. 

i agree, 20$ for shipping is fine unless that is inland and even inland i paid 12$ postal to send my se215 to the buyer :wink:

as for TPeos i can only say they are responsive to customers, it might take couple of days but they will try to help customer if possible and will do what they can. i had this experience and can say i was very much satisfied with customer care and my situation actually was not their business and they could have ignored this but they took their best and helped me great deal.

i also think asking politely and humbly makes big difference to putting flat demands, after all we should remember that on the seller side there are also humans working, not robots.

Jun 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #1,375 of 2,595
SPC cable in the house:

The build is solid.  It's a little stiffer than the ACME-inspired cables that come with most custom IEMs these days.. but it's not as stiff as the pure-silver custom IEM cables from PlusSound, DHC, Toxic, etc. (which utilize a slightly larger wire gauge).  Strain reliefs at both ends are secure and don't leave me worried about a tear or pull from modestly rugged use.  The barrel of the pin connectors have "UE" (Ultimate Ears") lettering.  From an cosmetic viewpoint, I'd have like to see the barrel color of the pin connectors (gold) match the metal on the H-200 buds.  My cable might be a prototype, so this very well could change.  I like the discrete chin slider, too.  In terms of use, there are some microphonics when the cable brushes up against my shirt or if I rub my hand across the wire.  Not really a big deal for me since I don't do any kind of movement when I listen/use the H-200.  I think this cable's a very nice value at $65.. I find it to be a clear upgrade over both stock cables (from a look & usability standpoint), as well.  I haven't done much listening with it, so that'll be next.

Jun 24, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #1,376 of 2,595
^ I am jealous

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #1,377 of 2,595
Quote:
SPC cable in the house:

The build is solid.  It's a little stiffer than the ACME-inspired cables that come with most custom IEMs these days.. but it's not as stiff as the pure-silver custom IEM cables from PlusSound, DHC, Toxic, etc. (which utilize a slightly larger wire gauge).  Strain reliefs at both ends are secure and don't leave me worried about a tear or pull from modestly rugged use.  The barrel of the pin connectors have "UE" (Ultimate Ears") lettering.  From an cosmetic viewpoint, I'd have like to see the barrel color of the pin connectors (gold) match the metal on the H-200 buds.  My cable might be a prototype, so this very well could change.  I like the discrete chin slider, too.  In terms of use, there are some microphonics when the cable brushes up against my shirt or if I rub my hand across the wire.  Not really a big deal for me since I don't do any kind of movement when I listen/use the H-200.  I think this cable's a very nice value at $65.. I find it to be a clear upgrade over both stock cables (from a look & usability standpoint), as well.  I haven't done much listening with it, so that'll be next.

That cable looks so familiar...  XD 

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #1,378 of 2,595
Jun 25, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #1,379 of 2,595
SPC cable in the house:

The build is solid.  It's a little stiffer than the ACME-inspired cables that come with most custom IEMs these days..

Nice one Flysweep. Though personally I'd like it sleeved in black, with black connectors to matched H-200's housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back