T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
May 15, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #511 of 2,595
Quote:
I don't find the mid range forward either, not with my sources, it remains fairly balanced with the lows and highs, especially at lower listening levels. If anything as I've mentioned in my review mids might come a little forward when you start cranking up the volume to higher levels, over the highs a touch that was noticeable to me mostly, I hear the mid range as rather dynamic which could give the impression it's jumping out at you, that was overly present with vocals however still keeping in check with the low and high end for most parts here, I tend to agree with FlySweep.

@~Gintaras: I'm going to try with Colorfly C3 and see what all this fuss is about.

sorry disagreeing but mids are forward on H200, that i can hear compared to Rwak + RDB v1 combo which sounds more neutral, or compared to EB50 which are far more neutral. mind this H200 does amazing job in bringing coherent musical picture.

May 15, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #512 of 2,595
sorry disagreeing but mids are forward on H200, that i can hear compared to Rwak + RDB v1 combo which sounds more neutral, or compared to EB50 which are far more neutral. mind this H200 does amazing job in bringing coherent musical picture.

To me the mids on RDB+ v1 sound slightly recessed.

svyr finds them slightly forward,

Forward lower mids - around 1-3k, preferrably not too much. But still relatively enough 3-5k sparkle. Extended and relatively forward bass. Crisp, extended but not sibilant highs. To give you an indication - I probably think Beyer T1 levels of bass or HD800 on a suitable amp are realistic/necessary (the kind where you go to a piano concerto, and the drummer is relatively enthusiatic and piano sounds full enough). This all has to sound coherent enough as a package

You find them more neutral.

MrAdrian finds them recessed.

The MIDS of the RDB+ however is a little bit too recessed for me. Given my headphone selection (AKG K400, Alessandro MSPro, Senn HD580 etc) and my music preference, the RDB+ is just lacking that little bit of forwardness/aggressive mid sound for them to truly grab my heart. This mainly occur at guitars and male vocals --> meaning the lower mids IF I am correct. I think that is where the Dynamic driver and the TWFK crossover occurs, but by all means ask Rhapdsodio instead of trusting me. I have to mention this because one day at work I decided to listen to some Hikaru Utada on my laptop -> UD100 -> TTVJ Setup and it was very very good. To my surprise there was actually a lot of emotions in her voice which I did not expect when I was auditing these with Eric Clapton/RHCP/other rock music. To me I much prefer the mids on the Alessandro's where the guitar shouts for attention. On the RDB+, the dynamic bass overshines the mids which is not my best preference.

What's going on here? :p

What I'm getting at is different sources and what we've heard (IEM) will play a major role in where you position the mid range. To me when mids are forward vocals will be so close up front they almost breath down your neck, H-200 do not get that close that they intrude, that's a forward mid range to me. There's going to be variation depending on preferences, sources and most importantly personal taste, so no one is right or wrong. Where exactly is neutral and where is forward? :wink:

May 15, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #513 of 2,595
H20
biggrin.gif

we are all humans and have different ears... i find mids on RDB+ only very slightly recessed, in fact the whole signature leans towards neutral presentation BUT is not entirely neutral in fact. H200 have forward mids which can be clearly heard on acoustic material with voices IMHO. i do not hold the absolute truth and do not insist on my opinion, i just tell how i hear it. mind this H200 has great implementation and midcentric character blends very well with bodily bass and well tamed mids, so overall image projects smoothly and sooooo intimate that some people might cry while listening on H200.
tongue.gif

i find H200 to be pretty different to RDB+ in sound signature and both IEMs are so great fun that i cannot decide which one i want listen today. right now i have C3 with BH and H200 and find this amazing sounding, truly winning my heart.

May 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #515 of 2,595
Toxi, please tell me when you buy this so i know when i have to take my long vacation
o2smile.gif

seriously, i love this combo and as a proof of pudding is in eating it i now listen to C3+BH+H200 and wide smile crosses my face.

but if you want spoiler please visit us on AK120 board, there Spkrs posted a photo of AK100 rigs and AK120, and once you get this bug inside you your wallet will start crying non stop...
ksc75smile.gif

Edit:
H200 bass is soooooooooo impactful and full that i really wonder if bass heads must instantly grap them, mids are well rich and highs have lovely extension but well controlled, overall a warm sounding IEM with nice detailing and magic ''to die for'' mids. Brain burn continues
L3000.gif

May 15, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #516 of 2,595
Quote:
Toxi, please tell me when you buy this so i know when i have to take my long vacation
o2smile.gif

seriously, i love this combo and as a proof of pudding is in eating it i now listen to C3+BH+H200 and wide smile crosses my face.

but if you want spoiler please visit us on AK120 board, there Spkrs posted a photo of AK100 rigs and AK120, and once you get this bug inside you your wallet will start crying non stop...
ksc75smile.gif

Edit:
H200 bass is soooooooooo impactful and full that i really wonder if bass heads must instantly grap them, mids are well rich and highs have lovely extension but well controlled, overall a warm sounding IEM with nice detailing and magic ''to die for'' mids. Brain burn continues
L3000.gif

Hmmm? It certainly has deep, rich, and impactful bass, but I wouldn't call it basshead bass. I think it's just shy of true basshead bass, but it is bass that I think many bassheads (with audiophile leanings) can appreciate. The soundstage seems to have widened a bit too with burn-in. Nice space between instruments and good micro-details (with the right tips and a great seal).

May 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #517 of 2,595
Ericp, i mean sane bassheads, i did not mean bassheads with deaf ears
wink_face.gif

May 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #518 of 2,595
May 15, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #519 of 2,595
Received my tsx400 tips today. 15mm in diameter, big boys and finally I have a stuff them in and away we go fit. (told you I had large canals)

The bass, funny one now, with the LF switch off on the C&C amp it is punchy but when I flick the switch it is too much. Now I have a stellar seal maybe I should just get used to not flicking the switch.

Clarity is bang on now, these are starting to show their true colours. I have now spent with customs and accessories (t400 tips which were not big enough, customs, new tsx400 tips, new LOD..) about £240. Oh well lol

May 15, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #520 of 2,595
Received my tsx400 tips today. 15mm in diameter, big boys and finally I have a stuff them in and away we go fit. (told you I had large canals)

The bass, funny one now, with the LF switch off on the C&C amp it is punchy but when I flick the switch it is too much. Now I have a stellar seal maybe I should just get used to not flicking the switch.

Clarity is bang on now, these are starting to show their true colours. I have now spent with customs and accessories (t400 tips which were not big enough, customs, new tsx400 tips, new LOD..) about £240. Oh well lol

send the bill to H20, ROFL :)
seriously, regrets, pains when sht happens, hope you still enjoy them.

May 15, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #521 of 2,595
Quote:

Woah! It's scary how all the little sums add up. I don't even want to think how much I spent since I found this forum. Ignorance is bliss! 
biggrin.gif

Anyway, glad that you now have the tips that gives you a good seal. Enjoy them mate! 

May 15, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #522 of 2,595
Forget the iems, the money etc in this thread. It has been worth it to come across some nice people here, lets face it, we are all in the same boat, striving for nirvana but being decent humans at the same time.

I must tell my smoke to shut up now.

Let's all comply :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back