T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
May 16, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #541 of 2,595
Could this be the upgrade I've been waiting for?
I have the Sony XBA3 and I really wish this has:
  • Tighter/punchy Bass
  • A bit more forward Mids
  • Non-metallic characteristic in its Highs
  • Less distortion

May 17, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #543 of 2,595
Quote:
Could this be the upgrade I've been waiting for?
I have the Sony XBA3 and I really wish this has:
  • Tighter/punchy Bass
  • A bit more forward Mids
  • Non-metallic characteristic in its Highs
  • Less distortion

then you need SM3 v2 mate...based on your criteria above 
wink_face.gif

May 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #544 of 2,595
May 17, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #545 of 2,595
My GF who's heard the W4 aswell, including the UE900 .. prefers the H-200's over them, she really liked the sound .. these definately kick much above their price, dont think that since its cheap it wont be good. Im coming from a Heir Audio 8.A and I completely agree with more driver's doesnt always mean better sound..I learnt that the hard way.. these little guys have surprised me. definitely keepers :)

May 17, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #546 of 2,595
Quote:
Gintaras simply cannot come to terms that $250 IEM can beat $650 IEM.
tongue.gif

While other owners out there with both units (not only me) think differently.
wink.gif
There's an entire discussion off-screen regarding this atm.

H20, mate, you are in big need to upgrade your source then... how about AK120?... like Freddie sang ''I am going slightly mad....'' 
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

if seriously, i just happen to believe less in miracle and my ears tell me that no wonder a 650$ i have sounded just better... but but H200 is a gem on its own and sounds easily like a 300-400$ IEM. 

happy music listen chaps 
beerchug.gif

May 17, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #547 of 2,595
Quote:

H20, mate, you are in big need to upgrade your source then... how about AK120?... like Freddie sang ''I am going slightly mad....'' 
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

if seriously, i just happen to believe less in miracle and my ears tell me that no wonder a 650$ i have sounded just better... but but H200 is a gem on its own and sounds easily like a 300-400$ IEM. 

happy music listen chaps 
beerchug.gif

Don't forget to mention a DX50!

May 17, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #548 of 2,595
Originally Posted by toxicdrift /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My GF who's heard the W4 aswell, including the UE900 .. prefers the H-200's over them, she really liked the sound.

She sounds like a keeper!

tongue_smile.gif

May 17, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #549 of 2,595
H20, mate, you are in big need to upgrade your source then... how about AK120?... like Freddie sang ''I am going slightly mad....'' :p :D

happy music listen chaps :beerchug:

The truth is quite scary isn't it Gintaras!

You're in fear Incase your wallet murders you in your sleep, my top source being Studio V is more than capable of shinning potential, Lee actually sold his RWAK100 because he preferred Studio V for what it's worth. What worry's me more about this subject is RDB+ v1 needs RWAK100 to outshine H-200? How can that be? $650 Hybrid IEM should surely outshine $250 with any source? (danger danger) But instead it needs a little helper, well a $700+ modded helper to be exact.

When I run them side by side: H-200 / C3 / BH then Studio V / RDB+ v1 results are rather scary when you consider their different price points of $400 vs $1025 (my $375 Studio + $650 RDB+v1) I will not say which is better totally because alot will come down to preference, but to me the glaring point is there's less control in the mid range with RDB+ v1, it loses accuracy especially at higher volumes, the mid range begins to smear it doesn't sound as tight, or high strung! it misses some zap or ping! It does however have the most natural timbre and soundstage width, especially height, but it also sound a touch veiled in comparison. My main gripe though is it starts to smear and you lose coherency, that is one area I see H-200 holding better posture.

I think switching between them there is a sure adjustment period also, because each time I try to A/B them I keep leaning back towards H-200, I am not saying H-200 is a giant killer, but I can detect flaws in RDB+ v1 that are not keeping up with H-200 head to head in more areas than I care to mentioned, regardless of the source, it's the earphone. They do however sound very different,. RDB+v1 is certainly the most natural sounding.

I still rate RDB+ v1 / Studio V as my best set up, but of course it's also my most expensive, one would be very disappointed to admit a $400 rig (in total) could better their most 'expensive' gear :wink:

May 17, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #550 of 2,595
Quote:

She sounds like a keeper!

tongue_smile.gif

She is! know her since i was 18, stuck with me through thick and thin, will be puttin a ring on it by this year end hopefully (fingers crossed)
biggrin.gif

h20, waiting for the dx50+h-200 combo .. if its not too expensive that is! .. wonder how they will sound together, if not im definately getting ur recomended setup!! still wait for my tips to show up, havent been able to put much time on the combo as ive been slightly busy, lookin fwd to the weekend for some quality listening!

May 17, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #551 of 2,595
H20, you kidding mate, come one, RWAK is surely a very good DAP and helps to disclose full sonic potential of RDB+ V1, i wonder you might be missing quite a good deal of listen joy if you do not know how RDB+ sound on a premium DAP :-D

mind this i am in line for Vstudio and curious to hear how this will change my mind, but frankly speaking I find RWAK being very good and i still prefer v1 to H200 not only because v1 is more expensive but also because it has more high-end sound to them.
L3000.gif

we all believe in miracles even when they do not happen 
tongue.gif

May 17, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #552 of 2,595
H20, you kidding mate, come one, RWAK is surely a very good DAP and helps to disclose full sonic potential of RDB+ V1, i wonder you might be missing quite a good deal of listen joy if you do not know how RDB+ sound on a premium DAP :-D

mind this i am in line for Vstudio and curious to hear how this will change my mind, but frankly speaking I find RWAK being very good and i still prefer v1 to H200 not only because v1 is more expensive but also because it has more high-end sound to them. :L3000:

we all believe in miracles even when they do not happen :p

What you appear to be saying is RDB+ v1 requires RWAK100 to reach such a potential, is that what you're saying?

That is NOT the signs of a technically stronger IEM, if it needs such support.

May 17, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #553 of 2,595
H20, sorry that's plain incorrect. imagine you take a Cambridge Audio 350 amplifier rated at 40W and connect this to Sonus Faber Cremona? do you know what result will be? then take a proper amp rated 100W + and repeat the excercise. for tube setup rules are different but for solid state you will need min 90-100W to drive Cremona to what they are capable, otherwise you will never know how lovely they can sound.

similar philosophy applies for RDB+v1, you do not put Fiat Punto engine into Ferrari, do you? 
tongue.gif

May 17, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #554 of 2,595
H20, sorry that's plain incorrect. imagine you take a Cambridge Audio 350 amplifier rated at 40W and connect this to Sonus Faber Cremona? do you know what result will be? then take a proper amp rated 100W + and repeat the excercise. for tube setup rules are different but for solid state you will need min 90-100W to drive Cremona to what they are capable, otherwise you will never know how lovely they can sound.

similar philosophy applies for RDB+v1, you do not put Fiat Punto engine into Ferrari, do you? :p

Right.

So you're indeed saying openly RDB+ v1 requires a very strong source to out match the cheaper earphone. It doesn't work like that when you compare IEM's.

Denial is an ugly thing Gintaras.... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back