T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread
Nov 8, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #423 of 1,259
Also my first  balanced armatures, but I can easily compare them to electrostatics which they are similar to to an incredible degree. I was shocked at that aspect.
Wearing them here normally straight down, with the included foam backed silicone yellow tips ( 3rd largest ).

Some brief toned-down impressions SO FAR with overnight running so maybe ~8 hours tops so far.
 I am not a huge fan of describing sonic impressions but i will give them a shot.

Running them on a full sized JVC A-X55 Dynamic Super-A integrated , tone bypass on. ( yet to try amped and unamped Cowon D2. with the BBE setting listed earlier )
Most files are Flac or 320, some VBR not much, will try out some cd's ( Luxman CD player ).
Oh forgot one important aspect too, I use an inline natural sound  ( not the bass enhanced version ) cross-feed cable to give a more cohesive speaker-like presentation to all my tunes.  I should try without it but then that will throw me off my game again. ( sounds too artificially separated without it , it's not for everyone though )

The "lack" of bulk to these, in my opinion at this point is partly(wholly?mainly? )an effect of the sound stage depth/dimensionality, together with the way the song itself was mastered ( it varies as to the depth degrees )

Has everyone read why the bass has been raised a bit on the Golden Ears ideal signature? This is the way it is  and different compared to speaker neutral , but apparently they say headphones have a slightly different ability to move the inner earbone, and this raised bass assists in that PERCEIVED ( as opposed to measured ) neutrality when using headphones ( more or less i think that's it anyhow ). Of course if the highs are also raised a bit then you may perceive the middles to be lower. These highs though are as described, shimmering.

To me there is no "lack" it's a bigger presentation is all ( so far ). Certainly not a closed in, in-your head wall of sound ( like the AKG K240M  for example ) where everything is "within close proximity".
Say for a fun weird example, that the in-your-head-closer-proximity sound to me is having your bowed hands cupped around your ears with the sides of your hands open, then these are your hands uncupped near your ears with your fingers spread wide.
bigsmile_face.gif
Told ya it would be an odd thought.
If you are used to any electrostats you may know what i am trying to get at here, except these have body in bass( heck do they ever! ). ( see comment on orthodynamic similarity below )

This is a very interesting combination of the dynamic body and airy incredibly fast precise attack of the armature. Sparkling highs for sure.  So far i find the H-100 simply to not be in your head so much , that may take a bit of getting used to, I am used to it already from a varied bunch of full sized cans. I can follow things well off into the distance if it's recorded that way. And the bass if it's in the tunes is fantastic.
Of course it should go without saying that these reveal how good or crappy that song mastering is.

I do get goosebumps from particular songs had it repeatedly last night.

Would like to see how they compare to the Stax SR-001MK2 IEM portable stats ( pro bias ) I may try an A/B later on. Would prefer to let the newness of these T-PEOS percolate a bit first. I do honestly think they are worthy of that comparison.

Closest other thing in my collection i could compare them to would be the Russian orthodynamics the Echo TDS-16 ( made in Smela versions )  which combine a neutral response with excellent highs ( not as controlled or clean as the T-PEOS here ), great space, and the tight bass that hits something excellent in your emotions..

Maybe I can also do an A/B check against the Ultrasone Pro2500 and see how the spaciousness compares to their s-logic effect ( not working with everybody due to ear shapes )

Just sort of flow of consciousness bunch of INITIAL impressions so don't hold me to it exactly they do need some more time on my head. Trouble is I have so much music to check out, guess i will stick to the modding test tracks.

so impressions ongoing and subject to change at any point, goosebumps are nice though.

Yeah i have way too many cans but these are at the top few in the heap so far for me. That's a calm unhyped comment by the way.

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #424 of 1,259
Quote:

I found them comfy straight down.

The GR07 tips are nice with them too

In my case.I am using SONY XBA silicon sleeve tips.
It also good for comfort fit.

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #425 of 1,259
Hmm ... I'm confused.
Some people doing BURN-IN process to H-100 makes better sound.
It that really works ?
In case of large sized speakers are effective. but H-100 driver used plastic film. and size is really small.
I don't know what was changed my H-100 since I got it from SWT.

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #426 of 1,259
Quote:
Hmm ... I'm confused.
Some people doing BURN-IN process to H-100 makes better sound.
It that really works ?
In case of large sized speakers are effective. but H-100 driver used plastic film. and size is really small.
I don't know what was changed my H-100 since I got it from SWT.

Sssshhh

It's all in their heads.

jk

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #427 of 1,259
Glad you're enjoying them nick-n, look forward to hearing more later impressions from you.

Burn in is something I find strange with this IEM, because while I'm not the firmest believer of burn in to begin with, I tend to believe in BA driver burn in to lesser extend.. I gave H-100 12 hours then used them normally. It does feel like the sound has become a touch smoother and timbre adjusted slightly,.Over those 12 hours the dynamic driver feels like it's filled out some more. (bass a touch more prominent) But there's such a placebo with brain burn in who knows...?

But regarding setting these up for 100+ hours I haven't bothered, because I'm putting about four hours an evening on them.

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #429 of 1,259
Dear some T-PEOS H-100 users or wanna-be-users:

I want give helps to you. remember ! this is not kind of advertisement!

T-PEOS is a brand name of Shin-Woo Tech in South Korea.
In South Korea, it is really easy to buy their product in one click on their web site. but out of South Korea is not.
I thought this treat will be helpful, so I introduce one way ...

They have made new web site only for T-PEOS : http://www.t-peos.co.kr/ ( Language is only for Korean. Don't hate them 
bigsmile_face.gif
 )
In front of their web site, you can see this words: ( Even they are written in Korean, some wrong expression found ... )

소리연구와 스피커 개발 26년.
해외품질기준과 오랜 커뮤니케이션, 그 기술과 역량 모두를 담았습니다.

분야별 최고의 장인들이 일일히 수작업으로 제작한 "T-PEOS"는 진정한 소리의 품격을 보여 드립니다.

각종 측정값을 기준으로 객관적인 데이터를 제시하여 매니아들의 신뢰를 받고 있는 프리미엄 사운드의 새로운 도전, T-PEOS.
귀하를 초대합니다.

I have translated :

We have research and develop speakers and audio in 26 years.
We put our passion into T-PEOS with experience of keeping international product quality and having communicate with customers.
Craftsmen of each different parts are made T-PEOS in their hands, and it made possibility to shows graceful quality for our customers.
The T-PEOS is born to strict measurement and giving faith to audio manias and challenging to the premium audio !
We are inviting you in the world of T-PEOS.

This translation is not perfect. ( some liberal )
Translating Koreans to English is not so easy. ( because different of cultures )
But I have try to do best.

If you have any question/request for ShinWoo Tech, you can write email to "swp@swpshinwoo.com".
So is there anyone to buy their product directly, I recommend send email to them.
They are selling H-100 series on their web site.

I hope this way is really helpful ...
Regards, Raph.K.

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #430 of 1,259
Thank you for the translation Raphael K, I take my hat off to them.

TF10 = SOLD

GR07 MK2 = SALE PENDING

All in a matter of a week owning H-100.

Nov 9, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #431 of 1,259
Thank you for the translation Raphael K, I take my hat off to them.
TF10 = SOLD
GR07 MK2 = SALE PENDING
All in a matter of a week owning H-100.

Lol, you're whipped! :p

Nov 9, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #435 of 1,259
So who's gonna welcome me in the club? :rolleyes:

Just wait a bit, as H20Fidelity sure will! He's the Master of Ceremonies here... :p

I welcome thee.... :smile: I practically live here recently. :p be sure to calm your first impressions. We've had some members passing out on first listen.

Anyway I've been reading earlier pages of the thread and there is some intresting information before I flooded the place . :D

If you want the good stuff go back about two weeks ago.

Regarding burn-in. I'm not a believer in 500-800 hours of burn-in for these types of units, but I will say that when I yesterday listened to the H-100 for twenty minutes right out of the box I wasn't convinced that this purchase would really enhance the quality of my life. Very brief, vocals sounded very much off!  So I left my home in a very depressed state while the H-100 burned in for 6-8 hours and when i picked them up again it was vastly a very different experience.  The cross-overs in hybrids, burn-in effect on this?  I would be very much willing to believe that this area could to be responsible for this change. 

Reading through earlier pages of the thread this in particular struck me down....

I also noticed this... almost to a tee what happened to mine. Vocals sounded a touch nasally the timbre was off, a touch squeaky at first, the tone. it's since disappeared...

I wonder if it is the crossover burning in indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back