T-Peos Appreciation and Discussion Thread (updated with new Altone Series)
Feb 25, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #76 of 127
  I don't find it confusing. The Altone 200 replacement is not the 250, but the 350, as it's the only one with the same configuration. Problem is, it's frequency response looks worse, more akin to the H200, but I'm sure some won't mind...

Altone200 replacement = Altone350. Anyway, let's see what happens Inks, when putting the earphone to your ear...

My focus is really with Dunu and Fidue now so, Jonyoo will be leading the way on this.  

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #77 of 127
Dunu is making good stuff

Fidue I'm skeptical about.

I have heard the H200 and it's bad..bass is kind of nice but that's it...
Altone is quite a step up but not impressive to me.
I don't like what I see so far, but who knows, though as you can tell, I don't have faith in these. 

Feb 25, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #78 of 127
Hmm. T-peos house sound is leaning towards the bass and highs. But it can be overly bright sometimes as on their flagship H300. But it's still enjoyable at certain times. T-peos definitely does have the potential to build up their arsenal of IEMS. With some tuning on the H300 it can sound really good.

Feb 25, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #79 of 127
Hmm. T-peos house sound is leaning towards the bass and highs. But it can be overly bright sometimes as on their flagship H300. But it's still enjoyable at certain times. T-peos definitely does have the potential to build up their arsenal of IEMS. With some tuning on the H300 it can sound really good.

That is very true. I actually found a lot of their latest products...just now how they use to be and found myself missing the H-200. Hopefully, I'll get around to trying all three since I will be quitting my job soon :) I can not guarantee T-PEOS a thorough detailed review at the moment so I have held off on asking for a pair. In due time...in due time.

Feb 25, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #80 of 127
That is very true. I actually found a lot of their latest products...just now how they use to be and found myself missing the H-200. Hopefully, I'll get around to trying all three since I will be quitting my job soon :) I can not guarantee T-PEOS a thorough detailed review at the moment so I have held off on asking for a pair. In due time...in due time.

Will be eager to try out their new IEMs too! But seems like earphoneshop doesn't carry much of their range anymore.

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #82 of 127

Altone200 replacement = Altone350. Anyway, let's see what happens Inks, when putting the earphone to your ear...

My focus is really with Dunu and Fidue now so, Jonyoo will be leading the way on this.  

Yes, so they have considered the feedback of both the H-300 and the Altone 200 (only released overseas) in developing the Altone 350. I have been talking with T-Peos and they have told me the highs have been tamed compared to the H-300 as I mentioned to you earlier. But by judging from the graph, it seems they have just moved that peak a little bit higher to avoid being in the vocal range where it became sibilant. I am also told that the bass and highs quantities have been sacrificed a little bit for the mids to achieve a more natural sound so it will be less "fun" some people might say. Compared to the Altone 200, the 8mm dynamic driver has been swapped for 10mm so they say it will sound more "full" than the Altone 200 being stronger in the mid to lower range. So from that I think the mids and bass will be fuller than Altone 200 but less than H-300. The clarity of the highs in the Altone 200 will be prevalent in the 350.

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #83 of 127
  all i can say is that I don't believe them, in saying it keeps the altone's treble information, Seeko proved that, it has a huge dip. And they moved the peak, but it's still in the range where it will be harsh. Of course, you can choose to ignore Seeko's graphs as some may do here, this is just my take

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #84 of 127

Yes, so they have considered the feedback of both the H-300 and the Altone 200 (only released overseas) in developing the Altone 350. I have been talking with T-Peos and they have told me the highs have been tamed compared to the H-300 as I mentioned to you earlier. But by judging from the graph, it seems they have just moved that peak a little bit higher to avoid being in the vocal range where it became sibilant. I am also told that the bass and highs quantities have been sacrificed a little bit for the mids to achieve a more natural sound so it will be less "fun" some people might say. Compared to the Altone 200, the 8mm dynamic driver has been swapped for 10mm so they say it will sound more "full" than the Altone 200 being stronger in the mid to lower range. So from that I think the mids and bass will be fuller than Altone 200 but less than H-300. The clarity of the highs in the Altone 200 will be prevalent in the 350.

Like we've spoken about - I think the main thing needs doing is turning down their hybrids bright tonality further. The Altone200 and H-300 models were still to bright for a majority of users, the people that love them - really love them, example post here, but the series is missing its main audience due to hotter highs than an average listeners used to and house sound T-Peos stick close to time and time again.

I don't think they need to start over entirely - it would detract too far away from their fans, but slowly tilting the tonality downwards to a more neutral signature would appeal to more people and ease many peaks overall. They have potential to make killer sounding IEMs - you can clearly hear that, and they get to a level I consider close enough, but further refinement and fine tuning would help.

Altone200 was produced, designed and pumped out pretty quickly, we've moved only 8 months from its release and now there's new models. T-Peos have the resources and money to make something awesome, you can see their designs are great, and by all means I really do like their products, but I can't help feel what they could accomplish with lengthy amounts of research and extensive fine tuning. Maybe they don't feel the need, maybe they're more than happy what happens in Korea with their products and we're not their majority of sales.

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #85 of 127
    all i can say is that I don't believe them, in saying it keeps the altone's treble information, Seeko proved that, it has a huge dip. And they moved the peak, but it's still in the range where it will be harsh. Of course, you can choose to ignore Seeko's graphs as some may do here, this is just my take

It's for those who like seeing graphs. Personally, I just like to look at them because it's interesting to see what the testing instrument hears. I never judge any earphones by it's graph though. Always has to be listened to first hand. I'm just trying to let head-fiers know whats up and what T-Peos is saying :) It's not that I don't believe them, for me I just want to know what their aim was and what they hope they accomplished with their new products. Ultimately, we are the ones to judge whether they did or not.

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #86 of 127

Altone200 was produced, designed and pumped out pretty quickly, we've moved only 8 months from its release and now there's new models. T-Peos have the resources and money to make something awesome, you can see their designs are great, and by all means I really do like their products, but I can't help feel what they could accomplish with lengthy amounts of research and extensive fine tuning. Maybe they don't feel the need, maybe they're more than happy what happens in Korea with their products and we're not their majority of sales.

The Altone 200 is a very good foundation where T-PEOS can work their house sound around. I believe that a few more tweaks in the tuning can put them up there amongst the rest of the popular brands. I actually like the designs coming from T-PEOS and really glad that they've kept their pricing within the affordability range of the mass market. I'm quite looking forward to the new Altone series... if it's anywhere near the H300 tuning with treble reduction then it'll be a winner for me.

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #87 of 127
The Altone 200 is a very good foundation where T-PEOS can work their house sound around. I believe that a few more tweaks in the tuning can put them up there amongst the rest of the popular brands. I actually like the designs coming from T-PEOS and really glad that they've kept their pricing within the affordability range of the mass market. I'm quite looking forward to the new Altone series... if it's anywhere near the H300 tuning with treble reduction then it'll be a winner for me.

It's just a matter of smoothing over thier rough edges and polishing their paintwork. The basic sculpture they create each time is correct.

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #89 of 127
  any new updates on the altone350? :blush:

someone will be providing updates soon... I believe a review tour will be organised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back